Chapter 54. Another Guest
2.5k 1 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven Sins System Chapter 54. Another Guest

Instead of Ion, it was Barry who answered me.

"Meh. Just ignore those unrelatable cons. Some people don't want to admit that other people can do better than them. Some like to spit their fire for no reason and think everyone who disagrees with them is his punch bag. Some have severe trust issues." He started talking like a wise man.

I had to admit, Barry was right. But that was not what I meant.

"What I mean, I'm not used to this kind of attention. So I can't make any comments," I explained.

Well, on the good side, I didn't use any skills that could blow up my disguise and fought like a pro combat doctor.

Okay, an expert-level combat doctor, I guess... Since combat doctors usually only put their concentration on their healing skills. They rarely sharpened their fighting skills and had much lower strength compared to DPS and tanks. While their ability was more akin to a mage.

Some combat doctors had attacking skills like a mage but it was usually only enough to protect themselves from low-level monsters. For sure, they were usually weak against melee fighters and paladins. But, I should be fine with what I had written on my resume.

"Look at the bright side, doc. With this, you could tell all the combat doctors that they are not just support classes. They can fight, and even defeat other classes. That's really cool!" Barry cheered me up and started raising his voice.

"Not to mention you have announced your value to others. I bet other academies will try to recruit you. You can use that to ask the chairwoman to increase your salary." Ions added. A proud grin appeared on his face. "I'm smart, right?" he said proudly.

"If you get it, just don't forget to treat us," teased Barry, poking his elbow at me.

"You little rascal," I joked.

Which was followed by our laughter.

"Shut up!" Theo's voice interrupted our jokes.

It made us press our lips and turned to him.

"Is the infirmary always noisy like this? Or has this place turned into Team 8's meeting place ?" said Theo in a displeased tone. His expression also showed the same thing.

"Oh, you're awake," I said calmly. Just as I thought, he was just pretending.

I got up from my seat, walked over to him, and checked him out. Well, I pretended to check on him to be exact since I knew he was fine.

"You've been unconscious for too long for a paladin. I thought of taking you to the hospital if you don't wake up in half an hour. If our duel has damaged your brain, you should stay there longer and I should write a request to recheck your license," I blabbered. My hand moved the pen over my check-up list.

Even though it sounded like another challenge, he could only glare at me. What I said was a normal procedure so he could only swallow his anger.

After filling the list, I gave it to him, asking for his signature. It was a statement that he was already fully healed.

He took the pen roughly and signed it in a hurry.

"Hmph! Don't get too cocky, Allen. I only gave you an easy win today. Can't you see I wasn't in a good shape? You just got lucky," he said arrogantly.

After that, he got up, took his clothes, and put them on in a hurry.

"Not even a single thank you?" I asked when he was almost done wearing his clothes.

He answered me with a snort of disgust and left without a single word.

Once he disappeared from our sight and the door closed, we continued our conversation. Our eyes were still on the door.

"So many excuses," Barry sneered.

"He needs to protect his dignity," I said with a mocking smile.

"Does he still have it?" said Ion, holding his chuckle desperately.

As if on cue, we laughed in unison.

"Okay, that's enough. He was my patient. I shouldn't bully him," I said once I was satisfied with my good laugh.

It made them turn to me at the same time and cringed.

I shrugged and smiled dryly.

"Medical etiquette*. Don't blame me for that," I reminded them.

Ion breathed a sigh of relief.

"Haa... I thought that the duel had damaged your head and turned you into a pure saint," he joked.

"Hey, he couldn't even land a single blow on me," I protested.

"Here I thought, an angel has possessed his body and changed his personality," Barry joked.

Which was followed by Ion's laugh.

This time I was not laughing with them, but shuddering in disgust.

'Ew... I better kill myself than being possessed by an angel,' I thought. On second thought, I didn't think they could possess me either.

In the middle of their laughter, Barry turned to the clock.

"Oops! Our last class is almost starting." He quickly stood up from his seat. Likewise with Ion.

"Later, doc!" said Ion, turning to the exit.

"Don't be late for your training, okay. Arena 02 as usual," I reminded them.

"Got it!" replied Barry. While Ion gave me a thumbs up.

Then they left.

I turned around and continued my work again. But a few seconds later, the sound of the door came again. I sighed and turned around.

"Did you forget something?" I guessed it was either Ion or Barry or maybe, both of them.

But I was wrong.

My sight caught a female bunny demi-human mage bowed in guilt.

"Good afternoon, Dr. Allen. May we talk for a minute?" she said in a stammering voice.

Even though I had only met her once, I recognized her immediately. That mage was Theo's team member. The one who cast her fire spell on yesterday's mission.

(*Medical etiquette is the rules of procedure that govern the behavior of members of the medical profession in relation to one another.)

82