Chapter 59. Stalkers
2.4k 1 86
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven Sins System Chapter 59. Stalkers

More than an hour had passed since I parted from Evie. It was 05.16 PM now. I had a shower and was sitting down on the branch in yesterday's forest. The difference was I was far from the exit. Even deeper than yesterday's location.

My back and head rested on the tree casually. My folded legs were on the branch. The breeze brushed my black hair and face. The dim sunlight peeked through the leaves that covered me.

This was a perfect place to relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery around me. I meant--- bloody scenery since my six tentacles were busy eating the monsters under the tree. There wasn't any scream in their mouths since all of them were dead.

Yet rather than that sight, I was more interested in something else. My hands were busy fiddling with my phone. My eyes fell on the shopping list on the screen.

'Hmm, I think a new shirt and a bottle of cheap wine won't hurt my cash flow.'

Yeah, the crown prince of the shadow realm was calculating his monthly expenses over some cheap things. This indeed sounded pathetic. I blamed why I couldn't use my high-level Devil's Craft for this.

I could rob or steal other people's money, but I didn't want to get into trouble. My goal was to investigate the demon and the battle academy was the best place for that. I could get a lot of information about such attacks and I was not interested in changing jobs. Unless they offered me a better job, of course. Like pro mercenaries or something. So I would hold myself.

But then I remembered something.

"Oh crap! I forgot to buy tomato juice!" I muttered in panic.

I summoned my tentacles back and prepared to return. After all, I didn't find any clues around here and already got 6 levels with this lazy hunt. So my current level was 46.

Well, not bad for an hour of hunting. But next time, I should go deeper so I could kill more monsters. As for the academy's droids, I had made sure they were gone before I started the hunt.

I put my phone in my pocket and pointed my palm down.

'Portal, my room, Clourmity Academy's male mentor dorm.'

A portal resembling a black hole appeared under the branch.

[The portal has opened! ]

I jumped into the darkness. As soon as my feet landed on the floor, I arrived at my room.

[The portal has closed. ]

After I patted the dust off my clothes, I went out to a convenience store on foot.

Once I got there, I approached the cooler and checked it out. But I didn't find any tomato juice. I checked the drink section, hoping I found what I was looking for. Still, I didn't find any of it. So I decided to ask.

"Hey, Brad. Where's my tomato juice?" I asked the cashier who was standing behind the cash register. I was a regular here, so the cashier already knew me.

The green-haired man in the middle of his 30s lowered his phone and turned to me.

"We just ran out of it this afternoon. I've asked for more stock. The supplier said they will arrive next Monday," he said in an apology.

"Next Monday? There's no way I can last that long," I exaggerated. Well, tomato juice was the only drink that has a bit similar taste to the shadow realm's drink. A drink that I could really enjoy, so I didn't want to lose it.

Brad pointed to the little red cooler near me.

"We have artificial blood juice if you want it," he offered.

I glanced at the cooler unexcitedly before returning my gaze to him.

"Do you think I'm a vampire?"

Seriously, how could they say it was artificially blood when it tasted nothing like it. What I tasted was the chemicals, not the blood. I even almost threw up when Carl gave it to me a few months ago.

Then his index finger shifted to the drink section on the cooler side.

"Oh! We also have cranberries, strawberries, and pomegranate juice," he offered.

"I've tried them and don't like them. I prefer tomatoes." Well, they were okay. But all of them tasted like mortal food, while what I wanted was something similar to my realm's.

He smiled dryly and shrugged.

"Well, I can't help you then."

I sighed and stared at the empty tomato juice rack. A second later, a frown appeared on my forehead as I remembered something.

I returned my gaze to him.

"Wait for a second... Didn't you say no one buys tomato juice beside me?" I wondered if any other demon bought all of it.

"Your duel has turned the table. The students buy up my tomato juice as soon as they know you drink it every day," Brad explained.

"What does my duel have to do with the juice?" I asked in confusion.

He cringed.

"They think they can get stronger if they drink that juice every day. Just like you."

I smiled dryly.

'Right... I forgot some mortals are a bit weird.'

"By the way, I watched your duel. Congratulations on your victory," he added.

"Thanks."

I decided to come back next Monday and was intending to leave, but Brad spoke again.

"Dude, if you're still looking for tomato juice. You should check out another store down the street."

My smile bloomed.

"Thanks, Brad."

Without wasting time, I got out of the academy gate and walked down the street. In contrast to the peaceful academy, the street was filled with a lot of vehicles and people on the sidewalk.

Occasionally, some girls turned to me and smiled. To which I answered with another formal smile. While the boys quickly whispered at each other without taking their eyes off me. Well, it seemed that duel turned me into an instant celebrity.

But in the middle of that attention, I could feel someone was following me. The question was whether he was a spy from the light realm or just an ordinary stalker.

Author notes:

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to ch 105) Visit My Patreon-page

Join my discord server for more images.

Like it? Add it to your collection XD

Don't forget to vote ~

Love you guys~ XOXO

86