Chapter 88. Love, Lust and Wrath
2.2k 3 70
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven Sins System Chapter 88. Love, Lust and Wrath

Claire's PoV

After finishing changing her clothes, Claire came out of the changing room and walked down the corridor, intending to return to her dorm. But when she had only taken a few steps, she realized she left her water bottle on the arena's bench. She quickly went back to get it but stopped her steps as soon as she saw Evie standing silently in front of the arena entrance.

At first, Claire thought Evie had left something there too, but then she realized Evie was there to stare at Dr. Allen silently. Unfortunately, Evie's cold expression gave Claire a hard time guessing what was on her mind.

'Evie, why? Why did you make that fanfic?' she thought.

It was Claire who posted that fanfic's link on the academy's forum website. She couldn't accept her beloved mentor being violated through a nasty story. How could the author write something disgusting like that and turned him into a horny man who was willing to have sex anywhere and anytime?

Indeed she found the fanfic was kinda hot since she had a crush on Dr. Allen. But she didn't want that fanfic to ruin his reputation.

Since the story mentioned the infirmary's location and his shift schedule correctly, Claire was pretty sure the author was the academy's students or teachers. She even believed the author was quite close to them. That was why she deliberately put the link on the website forum to lure the culprits with an anonymous account.

On the other hand, she could also understand Evie's frustration since she felt it too. Dr. Allen was quite friendly with everyone. He was adaptable, kind, had extraordinary abilities and was able to bring out the best in people. Approaching or trying to have someone like that was not easy. No, not because they were afraid of rejection but because they felt unworthy to be his partner.

Still… even though he already had Julia, Claire wanted to be with him. She couldn't let him go and didn't want to.

She dispersed her reverie once she realized Evie was about to turn around to return. Claire quickly opened the door at her side and went in to hide. It was just a dark unused battle arena. Luckily it was unlocked.

Claire waited in the darkness and sharpened her ears to catch Evie's every footstep. After she confirmed that Evie was gone, she peeked through the door before she cautiously exited and walked towards the arena.

"Claire, did you forget something?" Julia greeted her once Claire entered the arena and walked to the bench.

"Yes." She picked up the water bottle on the side of the bench and showed it to them. "I just want to pick this up," she continued.

She put the bottle into her bag and intended to return to her dorm, but Glen's voice, Julia's team tank, made her turn to him.

"Since you are here, do you want to join us?" said Glen who was sitting beside Julia.

"I watched you practice a lot and I really admire your progress. Your rank used to be far below me but look at you now, you are in the top 5 rookie students in a short time," he said politely. Yet traces of his nervousness were evident in his tone of voice.

Claire turned to Dr. Allen who put his concentration on Fiona. He even used a small-level monster hologram to help with the training. So instead of just giving her instructions, he acted as her Tank and DPS.

That sight created an uneasy feeling in Claire's heart. Jealousy, maybe, even though she didn't have the right to it. After all, it was just regular training.

Still, there was no way she wanted to see it. She returned her gaze to Glen and smiled.

"Sorry, I can't. I need to rest. You saw how hard my training was," she refused.

"You're right. But I hope we can train together one day," Glen said hopefully.

Claire smiled bitterly and didn't answer. She had no feelings for Glen at all so she didn't want to give him empty hopes. On the other hand, rejecting him in front of many people for simple training might create a misunderstanding.

"Bye, Miss Julia," Claire ended the conversation before she turned to Glen.

"Bye, Glen."

Without waiting for her answer, Claire turned around and quickly returned to her dorm.

- Blam!

The door behind her closed. Yet Claire didn't immediately put her bag on the sofa as usual. Instead, she stood at the entrance and clenched her fists.

"What should I do?" She knew she had no chance of getting her mentor. It was impossible! Or… she was the one who didn't feel worthy of him.

Her thoughts returned to a strange piece of paper tucked between the shelves in the library. She put her bag on the sofa, walked over to the desk, and opened the drawer. Her hand picked up a magic formation on the dull brown paper. That paper was so fragile, showing how old it was. Some of the writing had faded, but she could read some of the words.

"Love and Lust" Those words made Claire sure it should be used to summon the Lord of Lust.

"Call the devil, he will grant all your wishes. What he needs is your blood and 'meat'."

"My blood and meat..." Claire muttered. There were doubts in her since summoning a lust devil to make Dr. Allen fall in love with her was foul play, but the requirement was easy and she didn't mind donating a little blood. While the meat at the nearby supermarket was on sale. So she decided to give it a try. Even if it was a fake, she could use the meat later and went to ask Dr. Allen to heal her wound.

"There's no harm in trying." Quickly, Claire grabbed her bag again and rushed out.

Little did she know, the words at the bottom of the summoning formation were not "Love and Lust". But "Not Love and Lust, only Wrath."

Author note:

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to ch 131) Visit My Patreon-page

Join my discord server for more images.

Like it? Add it to your collection XD

Don't forget to vote ~

Love you guys~ XOXO

70