Chapter 113. The Twins’ Mom
1.7k 4 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven Sins System Chapter 113. The Twins' Mom

Katrina and Penelope's PoV

In the room next to the office, Katrina was sitting on the sofa not far from her twin sister, Penelope. Their expressions were serious and their eyes were on each other. A frown on their forehead.

"Are you serious? Mom just contacted you? And she said that she wanted to come back?” said Katrina in shock and disbelief. Her eyes widened in disbelief. Even though she had heard it clearly, she couldn't believe it.

"Yes. She called me last night and said that she kept dreaming about that devil. So Mom thinks that he will return to this realm soon,” Penelope replied in the same serious tone.

Katrina clicked her tongue and let out a sharp breath.

“Ah, that Lord of Wrath. I wonder how long she will stop obsessing over him." Her displeasure was clear from the tone of her voice. But her words stopped as she could catch something from it.

“Wait for a second… Does that mean that the devil wants to try to destroy the mortal realm again?” she made a wild guess in worry. That was all that popped into her head.

But Penelope looked calm.

“Chill out. It's mom after all. You know how many times she's said that the devil is coming back but she wants to find him. But she's always wrong." She knew how much her mom wanted to see the devil again and it sometimes irritated her.

That left Katrina silent for a moment as she recalled what happened in the last mission before she spoke again.

"It could be right this time," she replied.

"What makes you assume that?" asked Penelope curiously, frowning.

“You remember the last messed up mission right? The one that almost cost me my two best mentors?” Katrina reminded her. Which was answered with a nod by Penelope.

"I didn't find any trace of that incident," Katrina continued before she bent her head slightly. Her pupils moving side to side quickly showed her confusion clearly. Likewise with her expression.

“There was no horde of monsters. No corpses. No nests. Nothing. I've sent high-tech drones that can detect motion and have infrared to investigate the cave. But I still didn't find anything. There were only low-level monsters and there weren't many of them. It gives me so much headache," she stated in confusion.

Her statement shocked Penelope.

"That's impossible. There were too many witnesses in that place. They shouldn't have lied," she said in disbelief. She also helped Katrina to check the students' psychology after the accident happened so she knew the fear was real.

"I know. But my investigation showed something else. It shows that they were telling a made-out story. This is really crazy!” She closed her eyes in frustration, placed her hand on her forehead and massaged it, hoping it would relieve her headache.

"Then what's your plan?" Penelope asked.

After a tired exhale, Katrina spoke again.

"I think I'll follow that couple mentor's advice."

"Who?" Penelope asked her for more explanation.

"Julia and Allen."

Penelope's eyes widened upon those words.

"They are a couple now?" she clarified.

Katrina took her hand away and opened her eyes to look at her twin.

“Based on the rumors, yes. But that's fine with the academy and sounds normal to me. Maybe Julia is obsessed with that new doctor after he helped her just like how our mom is obsessed with the devil.” It was just another guess, but she was pretty sure of it. She even noticed Julia's cold attitude toward Theo.

“Ha… true. So what's the plan?" Penelope asked.

"He asked me to prepare the drones to assist them on today's mission."

It made Penelope tilt her head a bit. A weird expression on her face.

"They sound responsible."

Katrina nodded repeatedly.

"Yeah. But something bothered me about that couple. Especially about their grand escape. Everything sounded like----” Before she could finish her words, Penelope interrupted her.

“A bullshit,” Penelope said straight to the point. She still couldn't believe it. It was impossible if she could say.

Those rude words made Katrina frown.

“Rather than bullshit, a fairy tale sounds better. This is an academy so please watch your words, Penelope,” she reminded her.

“Ha… You always act like that.” Penelope plopped her back on the sofa and folded her arms nonchalantly. She was indeed more straight to the point than her twin and she did not hesitate to curse or say rude words either.

“Anyhow, I can't believe what they report to me even if they said the same thing. I feel like they're hiding something from me,” Katrina returned to their topic since she wasn't interested in useless quarrels.

Penelope was silent, deep in thought for a moment before she spoke again.

“Do you think both of them have met the Lord of Wrath?” she blurted. Again, she made a wild guess.

Katrina turned to her in shock and gave her a sharp gaze.

"What do you mean?" she demanded an explanation.

Penelope unfolded her arms and leaned her body on her twin. The look in her eyes showed how serious she was.

"Think again. A warrior and a doctor. Is it possible that the two of them can defeat a horde of monsters without reinforcement?” She tried to dig up some logic.

"You mean?" Katrina asked.

“What if it was the Lord of Wrath? He appeared and helped them just like how the devil helped our mother. That's why they know something will happen on the next mission,” Penelope pointed out her intent.

“That makes sense…” Katrina muttered in disbelief. "That means they both know something about that devil."

"Yes. But this is just a random guess. I could be wrong,” Penelope reminded her. "We don't have any evidence either."

"I know. I won't accuse them without evidence. But I'll take your guess into account. I'm sure that the couple knows something we don't. Especially that new doctor…”

Author note:

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/535517/seven-sins-system/

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters currently up to ch 167 Visit My Patreon-page

Join my discord server for more images.

Like it? Add it to your collection XD

Don't forget to vote ~

Love you guys~ XOXO

54