Chapter 123. Second Mission
1.3k 1 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Seven Sins System Chapter 123. Second Mission
As the vehicle moved, the trio whined nonstop. They blabbered about how much money they could make for selling my photos on the internet. How would they spend it with a pizza party or buy new games and upgrade their computer. They even dreamed of becoming famous with just that simple thing.
All of their whines gave me a headache. We were going on a mission but they were thinking of something else. Moreover, selling a devil's photos, were they not afraid that I would come and curse them?
"Boy, stop it!” I ordered them as I couldn't hold them anymore.
“We are not boys, we are men,” complained Barry.
"Right. Men,” I corrected my words even though they didn't act like one. They were the same as the kids in kindergarten.
“Gentlemen,” Darren fixed me again.
Nope, there was no way I would call them that.
"Whatever," I said in annoyance. “We have a mission coming up, so I want you to listen to me,” I reminded.
Finally, it was enough to silence them.
"Right," I explained what we might face there and all the worst possible scenarios. Including in case, another attack happened to us. Apart from that I also told them what to do and how to escape if that happened.
Since Claire's strength was more than anyone else, I also gave her a lot of instructions on what she should do to help me, what she should do if we were separated or if we had to face the same case as the last mission. I didn't hesitate to say it openly in front of my team since she was the team leader, so it was normal if I gave her more responsibility.
“Do I make myself clear?” I asked once more after I finished my long explanation.
"Aye, sir!" they answered. Somehow my explanation was enough to make their concentration back on this mission.
Only Evie didn't raise her voice even though I knew she paid attention to what I said.
I turned to her.
“Evie, are you listening to what I said?” I asked with a much calmer tone.
"I am, sir," she answered.
"Is something bothering you?" I made a wild guess. The trio had told their problem. But her, I didn't have any idea what her problem was. I was guessing this might have something to do with her hidden talent.
She shook her head from side to side.
"Nothing, sir. "
“Then why are you more silent than usual?” I asked.
“I only feel a bit melancholic. You don't have to worry about that," she reassured me.
I wondered if she felt my emotional outburst when I couldn't control myself this afternoon. Unfortunately, asking this before the mission started was not a good option. I planned to find out about this later with my Envy tentacle anyway so I saved all my questions.
"Fine. Just remember. Concentrate on the mission. We don't know what we're going to face next,” I said.
"I understand."
"Good." I swept my gaze over my team again. “One more thing. Stay away from anything related to Theo and his team,” I warned them.
"Why? Because he hates you?” asked Ion.
"Yeah. That's the main reason," I admitted. “You know his bad temper, right? In the worst case, he might bring his personal problems on this mission. So better safe than sorry."
"True," Barry chimed in.
After the word left his mouth, the announcement indicated that we had almost arrived at our destination. But instead of the tense atmosphere like in the previous mission, the vehicle ran as usual.
“Remember to keep on your battle formation, okay?” I reminded them as I realized our destination was getting closer. Even though the pressure wasn't as bad as before, if we were not careful this could lead us to a bad end.
"We understand," they replied in unison.
The vehicle stopped and the door opened. We opened our seatbelts and jumped out of the vehicle. Several drones flew high above our heads to check on our surroundings and warn us in case of ambush or big attack.
The scenery of a forest filled with tall gray trees entered our view. Although the trunks were not thick, the branches and tall leaves provided a nice hiding place for the monsters.
This was a perfect place to ambush since some monsters could climb trees or jump from tree to tree.
“Wowww” All of them let out an orchestra. Their mouths were wide open. They mostly grew up in the city so a beautiful view like this was an unusual thing for them.
"Let's move. We only have two hours for this mission,” I said, moving my feet to move forward. I had to look for opportunities to take out my Greed tentacles to raise my level and protect us in a bad case.
They quickly followed me.
We did not have a clear objective for this mission. We were simply roaming around according to the direction given by the academy to secure the area. The academy had also warned us not to go too far for any reason and forbid us to provoke the deep forest monster even if we did not encounter any monster during our two hours mission.
Although the monster levels and types were more diverse than the previous missions, I could say this mission was easier than the previous one. Still, this was a challenge for the students since a lot of monsters move on the trees rather than on the ground. So they had to sharpen their senses and pay attention to their surroundings.
After I released a few tentacles and made sure this place was safe, I allowed them to walk in front of me. To be honest, I was disappointed with this place since I only encountered a few monsters and all of them were on a small level. I didn't even find a good opponent even though I had moved my tentacles deeper into the forest.

Illustration of the Woods is in my discord channel.

Author note:

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/535517/seven-sins-system/

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters currently up to ch 179 Visit My Patreon-page

Join my discord server for more images.

Like it? Add it to your collection XD

Don't forget to vote ~

Love you guys~ XOXO

49