Chapter 158. A real Devil or An Impostor? III
1.2k 1 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven Sins System Chapter 158. A real Devil or An Impostor? III

I furrowed my brow, trying to piece together the puzzle. It was a big hint, and I think I already had an idea of what was going on. "Has he seen a doctor before?" I guessed.

"Yes. But the doctor said it was just a scratch and he didn't need to worry about it. As for the cause, he guessed it might be the result of being scratched by a sharp edge of furniture or something like that," Ion replied.

"Have you ever seen him act strangely? Maybe walking around aimlessly or something, like some kind of trance?" I asked, trying to gather more information.

"No," they said in unison.

"I see..." I muttered, deep in thought as I tried to analyze all the information I had just received.

"Do you think they did something to him without his knowledge?" Barry guessed, concern evident in his tone.

"I don't know. Maybe. But it seems I was wrong," I replied, trying to keep my thoughts to myself. No, he was right, but I couldn't tell them openly since they could make a fuss about it. The cult would probably cover its tracks, and I would lose track again. Some manipulation skills were that advanced, especially if they were being used by a demon. But in the past, mortals also had this ability, and they usually used it to commit crimes.

I decided to keep this information to myself for now and continue my investigation.

"This John is from your class, right? Which one?" I asked again, trying to clarify. I remembered there were two Johns in their class.

"Why do you want to know?" he asked, a hint of suspicion in his tone.

"If he comes here, I want to do a quick checkup for his psychology. He probably experienced some sort of trauma that caused him to be like that," I reasoned, trying to ease his suspicions. Of course, I wouldn't wait for him to come to me. I would go up to him and read his mind myself.

"John Crowwind," Ion replied.

Once again, I furrowed my brows in surprise. "Isn't he from Theo's team?" I asked, surprised that they were still friends with him despite my bad relationship with Theo.

"Some of the members don't like him either. Mr. Theo was too arrogant. He didn't hesitate to humiliate his team with harsh words. Sometimes, if they weren't good enough, he would push them even though they were already at their limit," Ion explained.

"And to make it worse, he forbade his members from coming to the infirmary after you entered this academy," Darren added, shaking his head in disgust. "It seems his hatred for you has boiled in his blood."

I understood their frustration. Theo had always been a difficult person to deal with, and it seemed like he was taking out his anger on his team members.

"And whenever his members have minor injuries, he usually just tells them to suck it up," said Ion with a dry smile, a mix of pity and annoyance in his tone.

‘Good thing Aria replaced him. She’s a goddess so she shouldn't be as strict, as him,’ I commented to myself.

"You know, we are happy that you are our mentor. Compared to Mr Theo, you are much better," Ion suddenly added in relief.

"Don't you often call me demon because of my training methods?" I teased them, a mischievous smile on my lips. It was them who had told me that in the past.

"At least you never use it to humiliate us and you know when to stop," Barry admitted, shrugging.

"He doesn't need that. His death stare is enough to freeze our blood," Darren sneered, shuddering in horror.

"But we have a good healer as a bonus," Ion defended me.

"Then you should listen to me and stop fooling around," I blurted out.

"Aye, sir," the trio said in unison, a hint of amusement in their voices.

The knocking sound on the door made me turn my head, and I saw the door open to reveal a security guard. He looked shocked as he peeked inside.

"Oh, sorry. Do you work overtime, doc?" he asked, a hint of surprise in his voice.

I turned to the clock and saw that it was already 6:11 PM. ‘Oh no, I'm late to meet Evie!’ I screamed internally, standing up from my chair. "We were just chatting, but it seems we lost track of time," I explained.

The trio also stood up from their seats, realizing how late it was, and quickly cleared the chairs.

The security nodded. "I understand. Don't forget to lock the door. Have a good night, doc," he said politely, nodding his head.

I nodded my head as well. "Thank you for your hospitality," I replied.

After the guard left, I quickly took my stuff inside my bag, while the trio decided to leave without waiting for me.

"Bye, doc," said Barry.

"See ya tomorrow!" said Ion.

I replied with a wave and a smile.

Then they left.

A couple of minutes later, I left the infirmary, locked the door, and left in a hurry. I was running really late. As my legs moved, I checked my phone and texted Evie to inform my lateness.

I passed through a huge number of students who were walking down the corridor in front of me. It was a rare sight since so many students had moved to the dorms already. But as my ears could catch their conversation it seemed they stayed longer because they were talking about Theo and what happened this morning. Rumors spread very easily in this academy and Gem’s loud voice made everything worse. I wasn't surprised by all of this.

Since the center of the rumors was me and Theo, they turned to me spontaneously. Some quickly diverted their gazes to other places once I looked at them while some decided to nod and smile as if it was a normal thing.

Author note:

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/535517/seven-sins-system/

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters currently up to ch 227 Visit My Patreon-page

Join my discord server for more images.

Like it? Add it to your collection XD

Don't forget to vote ~

48