Chapter 168. Same But Different
998 1 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven Sins System Chapter 168. Same But Different

I slowly shifted my gaze to him, my eyes scanning his face for any sign of deception. I held the tip of the blade in front of him, the cold metal glinting menacingly in the dim light of the park lamp. My voice was tinged with a hint of anger and suspicion as I asked him, "Did you just use it?"

He looked at me with blank eyes, and replied, "No, doc." It was clear that the person who had cast the spell on him had no intention of releasing him until the situation was resolved.

"Don't lie to me." My tone grew firmer, yet I kept my voice low, not wanting to draw the others’ attention. My eyes were fixed on him, showing my obvious displeasure. "Tell me what you did earlier or I will report this to the academy," I warned him, my tone leaving no room for doubt that I meant every word.

He stood before me, silent and still, refusing to answer my questions.

My impatience grew with each passing moment. “Did you just hurt someone else?" I asked again.

His response was a simple shake of his head from side to side, indicating a no.

Frustrated, I pressed on. "Did you just hurt yourself? Or are you trying to commit suicide?" My tone was harsh, my impatience clear in my voice.

Again, he shook his head from side to side, still refusing to speak.

As if his attitude was driving me crazy, without hesitation, I used his silence as an excuse to check him for any injuries. "You are irritating me!" I exclaimed, grabbing the side of his shirt, his collar, and raising his hand as if I was looking for a wound on his body.

Based on the story I had heard from the trio, I already had a good idea of where the injury would be located. I didn't even need to use my Analyze skill to find it. But that was not what I was looking for.

My hands roamed over his body, pretending to search for any sign of injury. As I searched, I reached into the pocket of his jeans and tried to take a folded piece of paper. But before I could do so, he grabbed my hand tightly, holding it in place and refusing to let go. Yet, he said nothing, and it seemed that he had no suitable reason to dissuade me from my actions.

I glared at him, anger showing clearly on my face. "Let go," I demanded, my voice filled with displeasure.

"Please, doc. It's just a letter from my grandma," he pleaded, his voice trembling with fear. Yet his blank eyes made him look expressionless.

"Then why are you afraid? It's just a letter from your grandmother, right?" I replied, my voice filled with skepticism.

"She wrote about my family secret there," he reasoned, his voice growing more desperate.

I paused for a moment, considering his words. "I see... I shouldn't check it." I pulled my hand away as if I had given up, and as I expected, he also loosened his grip. But then, I quickly put my hand back in his pocket and pulled out the piece of paper inside. It was a powerful trick to deal with someone who was under a Manipulation Spell, as the victim's response was usually slower than that of other people.

As I expected, he was not ready for my sudden movement and could only remain silent. I quickly unfolded the paper and prepared to feign shock, but instead, I was genuinely shocked. My eyes widened once I caught it was my summoning formation. But there were two foreign strokes there. The same as what I found before.

Quickly, I swallowed the tens of real questions in my head, trying to keep up the pretense of not knowing what was really going on. "Family secret, huh?" I asked, looking at him with a mixture of confusion and suspicion. "Are you planning to summon a devil? Are you insane? If you have a problem, just come to me or the counseling division." I raised the paper in front of him, emphasizing my point. "This is not a way out," I nagged him angrily, my voice filled with disappointment and frustration.

He didn't have any of the information I needed, so all I could do was pretend and try to lure the cult into recruiting me. That was also my reason for giving him a reason to see me again.

"Sorry, doc. I have no other choice. I’m desperate," he said without hesitation, taking the opportunity to cover up his actions.

I sighed, knowing that this was not going to be easy. "Now tell me, where did you hurt yourself?" I asked one more time, my voice filled with concern.

This time, he finally answered me, pointing to his feet, just as I had expected.

"Sit down. I will heal you," I ordered, tilting my head slightly towards the nearby bench.

Without an answer, he followed my orders and sat down on the bench. I put the folded piece of paper into my pocket and unrolled the hem of his jeans, carefully examining the area for any signs of injury.

Almost immediately I found a new wound, a small but deep gash on his ankle. I simply used my Healing skill, my hands glowing with warm, soothing energy. I placed my hands on the wound and began to heal him, the wound slowly disappearing as the healing energy flowed through his body.

"Does this mean you succeeded in summoning the devil?" I asked once I finished. My voice filled with concern.

He looked up at me. "He didn't answer me," he said, his voice barely above a whisper, filled with sorrow and regret.

I let out a long breath. "Good. You are still young. Don't play with the devil," I said, sitting down beside him.

Again, he didn’t reply.

“Any other injuries?” I asked again. From his already full HP, it should be none, so it was just pure chit-chat.

Author note:

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/535517/seven-sins-system/

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters currently up to ch 243 Visit My Patreon-page

Join my discord server for more images.

Like it? Add it to your collection XD

Don't forget to vote ~

43