Chapter 197. The Trio’s Bribe?
716 1 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Seven Sins System Chapter 197. The Trio's Bribe?
I turned around, and the sound of a familiar voice reached my ears. The Trio. Their approach was evident from the way their footsteps echoed through the gym. The sweat on their clothes and the small towels draped over their shoulders spoke of their recent exertions. They had just completed their set.
"What else? It’s the same with you," I said, standing up. A frown creased my forehead as I looked at them. "It's a gym after all," I said casually, but my tone betrayed my annoyance.
As they approached, I could see that Barry was holding a bottle of water. He handed it to me with a smile. "Well, it's fancy to see you here," he said, his voice laced with amusement. "You usually only exercise in the park. I mean... you are a doctor after all," he continued.
I took the bottle and smiled wryly at him. "Combat Doctor," I corrected him. "You forgot how many times I saved your ass? Especially yesterday?" I reminded them as I twisted open the cap and brought the bottle to my lips.
"Oops ..." they pressed their lips.
"Still…What brings you here?" Ion asked curiously.
Darren gave me a smug smile, his eyes glinting with mischief. "I placed my bet on Miss Aria. You were hoping to meet her here, weren't you?" he said, his words dripping with sarcasm.
Barry snapped his fingers, his eyes widening with realization. "Oh, right! The security also said something about them!" he exclaimed, a look of excitement crossing his face. It was clear that they were referring to the events of the previous night.
I lowered the bottle and gave them a flat stare, my annoyance palpable. "She only asked me to show her where she could buy groceries. She just moved here. Her fridge was as empty as your heart, remember?" I reminded them, my tone laced with irritation. They loved rumors, especially those about me since I was already in their spotlight.
Barry gave me a dry smile, his eyes twinkling with mischief. "My heart is not empty, you know," he complained, trying to deflect from his earlier mistake.
Darren chimed in, eager to steer the conversation back on track. "So, it's because of Miss Aria, right?" he asked, his voice filled with curiosity.
I gave him a measured look, my mind racing as I searched for a suitable response. "Aria is in the park," I told him, keeping my tone neutral. I didn't mention that I had been avoiding Aria since her arrival in the city. It would only add fuel to the already burning rumors surrounding me. Instead, I preferred to put myself in a neutral position to avoid any further speculation.
"If she's in the park, why are you here?" Ion asked, his brows furrowing with confusion.
"I'm not her servant, why should I be there?" I returned the question calmly, hoping to end the discussion on a positive note.
Ion's smile grew mischievous as he spoke. "Is it because of Miss Julia? Did she ask you to avoid Aria? Is she jealous?" he asked, his words flowing with curiosity.
I rolled my eyes, letting out a sigh. "Let me guess," I said, my tone laced with sarcasm. "Even if I say no, you'll still assume it's true. Am I right?" I asked, not bothering to sugarcoat my response.
The Trio exchanged a quick glance, their expressions betraying their thoughts. "We just want clarification," Ion protested, his lower lip jutting out in a pout.
I raised a brow, amusement dancing in my eyes. "You want a new rumor. A fresh gossip. Not clarification," I stated bluntly, my words causing a wave of laughter to ripple through the gym.
The Trio's response was nothing short of comical. They turned to face each other, their brows furrowed in confusion as they scratched their heads nervously. "You're too straightforward," Darren said with a cringe, his words causing a faint smile to tug at the corner of my lips.
Barry let out a whine, his eyes sparkling with mischief. "At least give us some good entertainment," he pleaded, causing me to let out a low chuckle.
I shook my head, my expression serious once more. "Give me a break. I already have enough trouble. I'm not interested in giving you any entertainment at all," I replied bluntly, returning the water bottle to Barry before intending to make my way back to my dorm to shower off the sweat from my workout.
However, Barry's voice called out to me again, halting my steps. "Wait," he said, his tone eager as he took a step closer to me. I turned to face him, raising a questioning brow.
"What?" I asked, my words laced with curiosity.
"Do you want to have breakfast with us? Our treat," he offered, a smile spreading across his face as he gestured towards the exit.
My eyes locked onto their innocent grins as they stood before me, attempting to charm their way out of a sticky situation. "Are you trying to bribe me?" I made sure to ask, my voice low and guarded. My flat stare remained locked onto him as he squirmed under my gaze, attempting to find some way out of this mess.
"You look upset with our words," Ion said, his voice smooth and even. "And we didn't expect that,” he added in apology.
Of course, I was upset. After a day spent dealing with Aria, the weight of exhaustion and stress still clung to me like a cloak. I had barely slept a few hours the previous night, and now I found myself facing these mortals with their grinning faces.
"Fine. I will take my bribe," I declared. "Where are we going? Cafeteria?"
Darren gave an idea that caught my attention. "How about the convenience store next to the academy? They always make good sandwiches every morning and all of them for cheap," he suggested.
I raised an eyebrow in surprise, never having eaten at that place before.
"Well, that sounds like a plan," I agreed, feeling a sense of cheap culinary adventure rising within me. "Wait for me. I will take a shower first," I added.

Pics are in my discord channel.

Author note:

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/535517/seven-sins-system/

If you want to support me and read advanced tier more than 90 chapters Visit My Patreon-page

Join my discord server for more images.

Like it? Add it to your collection XD

Don't forget to vote ~

26