Chapter 199. Robbery
693 3 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Seven Sins System Chapter 199. Robbery
"We should head back now," I said once I finished my breakfast. hastily discarded the remaining scraps of my sandwich wrap into the nearby trash bin. I had an appointment with Claire, and I couldn't risk being late. But most of all, I couldn't risk being followed by the trio. I wondered what they would say if they knew.
"Let's go," Darren chimed in, echoing my sentiments. The trio quickly followed suit, their own discarded cups and wraps landing with a dull thud into the bin. All except for Barry, whose gargantuan drink seemed to defy the laws of physics with its sheer size.
We turned around and made our way to the exit. But suddenly, the door to the store burst open, and three figures clad in black masks and armed with guns stepped inside.
As soon as the robbers entered the store, one of them grabbed me, his rough, calloused hands encircling my arms in a vice-like grip. The metallic glint of his gun caught my eye as he pressed it against my temple, the cold metal touching my skin.
Despite the overwhelming terror, I and the trio were remarkably calm. The air was thick with tension, but there was no sense of panic or hysteria. It was as if everyone had accepted their fate and was resigned to whatever might happen next.
The robbers wasted no time in announcing their intentions. "Hands up! This is a robbery!" one of them shouted, his voice laced with a menacing edge.
Well, except for us, the store was a little too quiet. There were only two cashiers, and a muscular man loitering in the corner. From his appearance and level, he seemed like an ordinary person- not someone you would expect to see in a fight. Breakfast time had just passed, and the store was relatively empty- a perfect opportunity for the robbers to strike.
The robber's arm coiled tightly around my neck, and I could feel his hot breath on my skin. His eyes were trained on the trio, who stood motionless, their expressions stoic and unflinching.
"I said hands in the air!" the robber barked at them; his voice laced with a threatening tone. "Or I'll blow his head off."
But the trio didn't give any reaction, their faces a mask of calm indifference.
*Slurp*
The sound of Barry's drink slurping through his straw echoed through the store, breaking the tense silence that had taken hold of the room. The two cashiers cowered behind their counters; their faces contorted with fear as one of the robbers pointed his gun at them. The muscular man on the trio's side also huddled down, trying to stay out of sight.
Despite the perilous situation, there was no fear visible on the faces of the trio. They stood still, their expressions stoic and unflinching, almost as if they were waiting for something. It was a stark contrast to the trembling cashiers and the quivering customer.
"Are you deaf?!" snapped the robber, his frustration palpable. He turned to me, his eyes searching for support. "Hey, you tell them!" he demanded.
I took a deep breath, trying to maintain my composure. Despite the dire circumstances, there was a hint of annoyance in my tone. "Shouldn't you be saving me?" I asked, my eyes locked on the trio.
The trio responded with a collective cringe. "You want us to save you?" Darren asked, his voice tinged with disbelief.
"I thought you would do something. So, we are waiting," Ion added, his tone laced with the complaint.
*Slurp*
Barry's response to the robber's demand was unexpected, to say the least. He took another slurp from his drink and followed it up with a loud, guttural burp that echoed through the store. Quickly realizing his faux pas, he covered his mouth and apologized with an innocent smile. “Oops… Sorry.”
I gave him a flat stare, trying my best to suppress the urge to roll my eyes. "Right... You should handle the rest then," I said, my tone dripping with sarcasm.
With a quick glance in their direction, I made my move. Without warning, I twisted my body and hit the robber's stomach with a swift elbow strike, causing him to double over in pain. With lightning-fast reflexes, I seized his gun and twisted it out of his grasp. I then grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and threw him to the floor, his body hitting the ground with a thud.
Now that the gun was in my hand, I pointed it at the robber, my eyes blazing with determination.
Barry, in particular, had acted in a way that defied all logic. He simply kicked the gun out of his hand with a casual flick of his foot. As the gun flew up in the air, he gave another swift kick to the robber's chest, sending him crashing into the nearby shelf. He ended it by catching the gun. And he did it all without spilling a single drop of his drink, which he held securely in his other hand.
"Piece of cake~" he sneered, a smug grin on his lips as he took another sip of his drink. Despite the gravity of the situation, he acted as if he were simply enjoying a day out in the park.
Ion's movements were swift and precise as he approached the last robber. With a flick of his leg, he expertly aimed at the back of the robber's knee, causing him to crumble to the floor. Meanwhile, Darren was on the move, with speed and agility. He lunged at the robber and with a swift motion, he grabbed his wrist, twisted it, and snatched the gun from his hand.
As the robber was disarmed, Ion quickly snatched a pen from the counter, and with a deft move, he pressed the sharp point against the robber's neck. The robber's eyes widened with fear, as he realized that he was at the mercy of the trio.
"You picked the wrong store to rob," Ion said with a low growl, his voice dripping with menace.
Well… They were all from the battle academy. They were trained to fight monsters, so a group of robbers like these was just small fry for them. Even the fighters had separate prisons in case they committed crimes.
"Call the police," I said to one of the cashiers.

Author note:

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/535517/seven-sins-system/

If you want to support me and read advanced tier more than 90 chapters Visit My Patreon-page

Join my discord server for more images.

Like it? Add it to your collection XD

Don't forget to vote ~

29