Chapter 230. The Devil’s Favorite Kid IV
519 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven Sins System Chapter 230. The Devil's Favorite Kid IV

Carl nodded at my request and carefully lifted Conny off my lap, placing him in his toddler chair. But as soon as he was removed from my lap, Conny's face turned sour and he began to cry loudly, throwing a tantrum. His tears streamed down his face as he kicked his legs and pounded his tiny fists on the table.

I gritted my teeth as the noise echoed in my head, causing a dull ache to form.

Realizing my displeasure, Carl tried to calm Conny down by giving him a toy car and talking to him in a soothing voice. But the toddler continued to cry and throw a fit.

"Come on, buddy, don't cry. Look, I got you a car," Carl said, holding up the toy car in front of Conny's face.

Conny only cried louder, his face turning red and his tiny fists clenched.

"I'm sorry, he's usually not like this," Carl apologized to me, looking flustered.

"Just make him stop," I said, my voice stern.

Carl continued to try to calm Conny, but his efforts were in vain. The toddler only cried harder, his wails echoing through the room.

Rachel looked uncomfortable, fidgeting in her seat and avoiding eye contact with me.

I rubbed my temples, feeling a headache coming on. "Can't you do something about this?" I asked Carl, my patience wearing thin.

"I don't know what else to do," Carl said, sounding defeated.

'Ugh... on second thought, kids are annoying,' I thought in annoyance. I had no other choice but to take care of this with my own hands.

I extended my hand to the side.

'Greed.'

A tentacle emerged from my palm, snaking outwards and breaking away from my body. Once it was on the floor, the tentacle elongated and transformed, shaping itself into the form of a clone of myself.

“Shut him up,” I ordered my clone in annoyance and continued eating my breakfast.

Carl turned around, fully expecting to see me angered and ready to lash out. He quickly realized his mistake and tried to shield Conny from any perceived danger.

But when he saw my clone, Carl was momentarily frozen. His eyes darted between me and my clone. His protective stance towards Conny slowly relaxed as he realized that there was no danger. He was still clearly in shock, but his fear and panic had subsided.

“Let the clone handle him, Carl,” I spoke in a nonchalant tone.

“Ah, right,” Carl said.

My clone approached Conny and lifted him from his seat. He cradled Conny in his arms, his gentle and soothing voice calming the toddler's tantrum. He cooed and whispered sweet nothings to the little one, assuring him that everything was going to be alright. Conny's cries softened to sniffles, and his chubby little fingers clung to my clone's shirt.

I watched as my clone fed Conny his cereal, marveling at the scene before me. It was strange to see myself caring for a little mortal, a responsibility that I had never considered before. It made me shiver.

"You should thank me for a free nanny," I declared, swallowing the delicious piece of meat. The mention of the word 'nanny' seemed to have a surprising effect on Carl, who immediately looked grateful.

"Thank you," he said, his voice slightly choked up. "You really helped me."

At my side, I could see a faint smile on Rachel's face, even though she didn't say a word.

We finished our breakfast in a comfortable chat mixed with the clinks of our silverware against our plates and the occasional slurp of coffee. Carl looked much more relaxed now that Conny was being taken care of by my clone. He even joined in on the conversation, asking me about my job.

After we finished our meal, Rachel and I said our goodbyes to Carl and Conny. Carl thanked me once more for my help with Conny, and I nodded in acknowledgment. Conny waved goodbye to us with a milk mustache.

I extended my hand to the side, summoning my portal skill. A swirling vortex of energy formed in front of us, and Rachel and I stepped through it.

Once we stepped out of the portal, the familiar sounds and smells of the academy were nowhere to be found. Instead, we found ourselves in a dimly lit, empty alleyway with tall brick walls on either side of us. The air was thick with the smell of damp concrete, and the only sounds were the distant hum of traffic and the rustling of trash in the breeze.

Rachel looked around; her eyes wide with surprise. "This isn't the academy," she said, stating the obvious.

But rather than answering her, I said another thing. “Wait for me. I will be right back,” I said before I used my teleportation skill.

As I reappeared in my academy room, relief washed over me as I saw that Aria wasn't there. Quickly, I made my way to my phone, my fingers tapping furiously as I typed out a message to all my servants. "Meet me in the alley near the academy."

After I hit send, with a swift movement, I grabbed my bag and stuffed everything I needed into it. I took my realm's phone, which was a special device that only worked within the boundaries of my realm, along with Asmo's present and all the evidence I had gathered. I made sure not to leave anything behind that could be potentially incriminating or compromising.

Once I had everything I needed, I used my teleportation skill again. When I reappeared, I found myself back in the empty alley where Rachel was waiting for me.

I quickly scanned my surroundings, making sure that nobody was watching us. I noticed Rachel sitting on the side of the street, hunched over in fear. Her eyes were wide, and she looked like a frightened young rabbit that had been caught in the headlights of a car.

"You are a demon, Rachel," I repeated, my voice gentler this time. "You have power beyond measure. Nothing can hurt you anymore. You are stronger now." Even though I knew her trauma and past caused her to be like this, this was the first time I had taken a cowardly girl as my servant.

Rachel took a deep breath, her chest rising and falling with each inhalation. She met my gaze, and I saw a flicker of determination in her eyes. "I understand," she said softly.

Author note:

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/535517/seven-sins-system/

If you want to support me and read advanced tier more than 90 chapters Visit My Patreon-page

Join my discord server for more images.

Like it? Add it to your collection XD

Don't forget to vote ~

15