Chapter 251. Memories I
342 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Seven Sins System Chapter 251. Memories I
"Ravenna?" I muttered, my brow furrowing in confusion. Memories of a succubus by that name started to flicker in my mind, but they were distant and hazy. Had I really owned her once? Moreover, it was my dad who sent her to me?
The succubus, as if sensing my thoughts, abruptly turned towards me, her eyes piercing through the veil of invisibility. She locked her gaze with mine, a mix of sadness and reproach evident in her expression.
"You once owned me," she spoke, her voice carrying a heavy weight of sorrow. Her words echoed in the air, reverberating in my ears. "But you let me die..."
Her accusation struck me like a bolt of lightning, sending a shiver down my spine. I tried to speak, to ask for an explanation, but before any words could escape my lips, the world around us erupted in chaos. The ground shook violently, and a deafening explosion tore through the once-luxurious surroundings. The walls crumbled, and the grandeur of the palace was reduced to rubble and dust.
When I opened my eyes again, I found myself amidst the haunting ruins of what was once my opulent palace. The grandeur and extravagance that once defined this place were now replaced by a desolate wasteland of death and destruction. The remnants of a city that had fallen victim to the merciless grip of the calamity.
Everywhere I looked, the harrowing aftermath of the catastrophe was evident. The air was thick with the stench of death, and the ground beneath my feet was stained crimson with blood. The lifeless bodies of my loyal subordinates, once strong and vibrant, now lay motionless in the ruins. The guards who had sworn their allegiance to me and the succubi who had once adorned my arms in a display of indulgence were now nothing more than lifeless corpses.
The devastation was overwhelming. Buildings that once stood tall and proud now lay in ruins, reduced to piles of rubble and debris. The once bustling streets were now eerily silent, their echoes haunted by the memories of a city that had been torn apart. Smoke billowed into the sky, casting a dark shroud over the destruction.
“The calamity…” I muttered under my breath.
A fierce roar pierced through the air, echoing across the desolate ruins of the old capital. It was a sound that demanded attention, drawing my gaze toward its source. As I turned to face the direction from which the roar had originated, my eyes widened in both awe and trepidation.
There, emerging from the haze of destruction, stood a towering figure of immense power and malevolence. It was the legendary ancient demon, a creature of nightmarish proportions.
Its form seemed to defy conventional shape, appearing amorphous and fluid, as if it were a living mass of darkness itself. Countless eyes, each glowing with an eerie luminescence, were scattered across its ever-shifting surface, giving it an unsettling and omnipresent gaze.
From its body sprouted a multitude of writhing tentacles, their slimy and sinewy appendages snaking and coiling in a macabre dance. These tentacles resembled my own, but they were twisted and corrupted, adorned with mouths filled with rows of razor-sharp teeth. The mouths on the demon's tentacles moved in a disturbingly synchronized manner, opening and closing hungrily as if anticipating a feast.
"How come…" I whispered. I didn't understand why those tentacles resembled mine.
Dread filled my veins as I witnessed the relentless onslaught of the ancient demon. The ferocity of the battle was like nothing I had ever seen before. My parents, the mighty rulers of the realm, fought valiantly alongside the other lords of sins, their powers clashing with the overwhelming might of the ancient demon.
Explosions rocked the battlefield, sending shockwaves through the air and shaking the very foundation of the ruined city. Smoke billowed, obscuring my vision at times, but the sounds of combat were a constant symphony of chaos. Spells were unleashed, elemental forces clashed, and weapons clashed with monstrous tentacles, each strike reverberating through the desolate landscape.
My heart pounded in my chest as I watched the battle unfold. The ancient demon seemed invincible, its formless body swaying and contorting, evading attacks with an eerie fluidity. Its tentacles struck with deadly precision, slashing through the air and tearing apart anything in their path. I could see the toll it took on my parents and the other lords, their strength waning with every passing moment.
As I stood there with a whirlwind of emotions swirling inside me, Ravenna’s voice echoed through the chaos, piercing through the sounds of battle. Her words hit me like a slap in the face, shaking me out of my stupor.
"Why don't you want to join the battle?! Aren't you the crown prince of this realm?! Aren't you our future king?!" she exclaimed, her disappointment evident in her voice.
I turned to face her, my heart sinking as I took in her appearance. Her once-alluring form was now marred by tattered clothes, bruises, and wounds that mirrored the devastation around us. Her eyes held only disappointment as they bore into the old me standing nearby. My clothes were also filled with dirt and dust. But the old me was fine. I only saw some minor injuries.
This revelation shattered my previous understanding of the events that had transpired during the calamity. I had no recollection of ever having another succubus before Ivy entered my life, and the notion of my past self displaying such cowardice and disregard for the fate of our realm disgusted me.
"Yes, I am the crown prince of this realm!" the old me interjected, his voice tinged with frustration. "But I need to prioritize my own survival. Dad and the others are already engaged in battle with the ancient demon. What good can I do if I were to join them now?" The words spilled out of his mouth, but they felt hollow, lacking the conviction and bravery I had come to associate with myself.
Ravenna's eyes flashed with a mix of disappointment and determination. She refused to back down, her resolve unwavering. "They are struggling! They need all the help they can get. You can't just abandon them," she pleaded, her voice filled with urgency.
The old me scoffed at her words, dismissing her concerns with a callous gesture. "Forget it," he retorted, taking her hand. "We need to prioritize our own survival. Let's find a place to hide, where we can think about our next move."
I could see the disappointment etched across Ravenna's face as she pulled her hand away from the old me. Her words pierced through the air, laden with frustration and disbelief. "I can't believe you will be our future king," she muttered, her voice laced with disappointment.
I couldn't help but cringe at the sight and sound of my past self. The arrogant and selfish demeanor emanating from him was repulsive. Shaking my head in disbelief, I muttered under my breath, "I can't believe this spoiled brat was me."
The old me, completely indifferent to the gravity of the situation, dismissed Ravenna's words with a wave of his hand. "Whatever! Do everything you want! You are just my dad's dog after all!" he retorted, his annoyance palpable. With a dismissive flick of his hair, he turned on his heel and began to walk away.
A surge of anger welled up within me as I watched him retreat, his arrogant swagger grating on my nerves. "Ugh... I want to kill him so bad," I seethed, my fists clenched tightly at my sides. The desire to punish my past self for his despicable behavior coursed through my veins.
However, before I could dwell on my frustrations any longer, Ravenna's urgent voice echoed through the chaos. "Your Highness, look out!" she cried out, her words cutting through the turmoil around us. The intensity of her warning jolted me out of my inner turmoil, causing both me and my past self to turn our heads simultaneously toward her.

Author note:

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/535517/seven-sins-system/

If you want to support me and read advanced tier more than 90 chapters Visit My Patreon-page

Join my discord server for more images.

Like it? Add it to your collection XD

Don't forget to vote ~

12