Chapter 2: I got scammed?
75 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Please in put your character name''

"Yue Fei''

After using the item, he becomes a race known as Kitsune, a branch of the fox beast kin, also known as spirit fox.

The Kitsune, or rather, spirit foxes are not exactly the best race in Paradiso, but they are not the worst either.

Spirit fox has more mana and speed than other race, but they also have low hp and defense stats. 

What make the kitsune so popular is their evolution paths. That's right, there's a mechanic called "Species Evolution".

Most of the races in the game can evolved into stronger, higher form of the same species when certain conditions or requirements are met.

What Yue Fei will evolve into? That's a question too early to answer.

 

After a while....

"Naming complete, we wish the best of luck in your future adventure''

..........

 

Yue Fei was teleported to a starter village. The place look like some fantasy village straight out from a fairy tales. Many people are walking around the village, some wearing armor and some wearing colorful robes. 

"Wow so many people''

Yue Fei stand near the fountain and can help but look around his surroundings. He saw his avatar in the fountain water and can't help but marvel.

Yue Fei consider his face as good looking, but he never tried to do the laborious skin care routine. So, although he's indeed good looking, he's nowhere near perfect. The person in the water, the face and skin are so white, there isn't even a red mark or spots. He can still see the resemble but this is too much difference. His face become so much prettier and smoother. He somehow looks like a pretty boy.

If he knew he'll be this good looking, he should have taken care of his skin conditions in the first place. But this is not still too late. He must take care of his skin in the future.

Especially those clear pale blue eye. Yue Fei usually has black eyes color and never wear a lens, but he is starting to think that this color suit him better than he thought.

Seriously, he looks like some idol now. And it's also seen that his hair has gotten longer too. The hair is still black. Thanks god.

And there's also a pair of black fluffy fox ears on his head. 

Yue Fei look at his back side. There was a large fluffy tail on his butt.

"......'

He wanted this race so he can't complain.

He feels strange joy as if something in his deep mind is quite happy. 

...How strange...

Still, it kind of embarrassing to walk around with a tail and a pair of ears.

But Yue Fei was thinking too much. Many players are walking around with their tails are ears, some even decorating lavishly.

Just as Yue Fei was thinking of how to get rid of these, the ears and tail suddenly disappear.

Yue Fei look himself in the water and think about that pairs of ears. The two ears appear again.

Yue Fei keep testing, and thus, after a while he is getting a hang of it. 

He's wearing a low rank battle armor for beginners and a low rank spell book for tamer class.

"Status''

Name: Yue Fei

Race: Kitsune (Mystic beast kin)

Class: Tamer

Level: 1
Exp: 0/100
Hp: 20
Mp: 50
Magic:50(+5)
Strength:10
INT:50
Mp Recovery:30
Hp Recovery:10
Defence:10
Magic defence:10
Speed:60
Stamina:10
Accuracy:10
Evade:10

 

Skills: Foxfire (level 1) Transformation (level 1), Charm (level 1),


Title: none


Equipment: Beginner battle suit (no bonus)


Weapons: None

Artifacts: none

 

Except for amazing speed, more mana, intelligent and magic, other stats are pretty much meh.

Yue Fei was making a plan when he heard something whisper in his ears.

Yue Fei stopped and looked around, but he saw nothing.

"......maybe something's in my ear''

Yue Fei ignore the strange feeling and start making a plan on what he should.

The first thing he need is a weapon. 

The game has a wide variety of weapons to choose from. Most of the summoner players choose staffs or grimoires as their weapon. There is also a summoner who use bow as a weapon. 

The shops in the starting town are operated by the NPC. But there is also a player market, run by players. Player market is much cheaper but no guaranteed quality. So, beginner often get scammed by there.

Yue Fei went around the market for half an hour but none of the weapons are to his liking. Then in a stall, he saw something interesting.

"Hello fellow players, is there anything that catches your eyes?''

Yue Fei point the folding fan, ''Is that a weapon?''.

" Good eyes. This is the only one in my store''

Bah... good eyes my a**, the owner complains in his mind. He bought this thing, since this is unique weapon, but who would have thought that this thing is completely useless!!

Normally, weapons give the players stats points when equipped. Higher the tier, higher the stats points, and some even have unique passive skills and buffs.

But this thing, it doesn't do any of the above. He painfully came to a realization that this is just for aesthetics purpose and not very practical. But the weapons are nice to look at so decided to sell it to some beginner.

"How much is this?''

"500 crystals''

"Too expensive!'', Yue Fei put down the fan.

"This is an epic rank tier weapon the price can go even higher. Don't think otherwise, this is a chance of a lifetime!!''

"500 crystals but you've to throw in that egg'', Yue Fei pointed to an egg.

The owner tried to act like he's thinking and after a while he agreed.

This is just a wind spirit cat egg. The creatures are not combat focus and is but quite popular as a meng {cute} selling pets. 

And for reason, this stubborn egg refuse to hatch. He might want to wait for the egg to hatch but his patience has run out.

All in all, he's sitting on 200 crystals as profit.

Yue Fei paid 500 crystal coins and put away the two items into his beginner inventory. 

He put the fan in the inventory and look at the egg.

This is the item that catches his eye in the first place and for some reason, something in the back of his mind is telling him to get this egg no matter what.

And hopefully, let this be the right decision.

............

 

 

 

* I wanted to put some images for references but a don't know how:'(*

 

 

 

4