Chapter 3: Gacha addiction
70 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wind spirit cat (unhatched)

Rank: ??

LVL: ??

HP: ??

Skills: ??

 

Oh yeah, you can't check stats of the unhatched egg, so this little guy is still a mystery. But wind spirit cat are generally low rank creatures and the highest tier recorded is Spiritual tier beast.

A total of eight ranks for the Beast, Earth, Sky, Spiritual, Celestial, Emperor, Sacred, Supreme, Divine.

Wind spirit cat potential is usually low so beat tamers usually avoid making contract with this kind of beast. A beast tamer can have ten beast slots as a maximum so they usually want to avoid wasting slots since once you've made a contract you can't release the tamed beast, so players are usually quite careful about this.

Yu Fei walked around the market for about 30 minutes and give up on his search on the weapon. He has no interest in close combat weapons and had no plan to use bows and guns either. The magic staff and grimoire are his desire weapons but all of the items in the market are low rank, which isn't a surprise since magic casting is extremely popular class. So almost all good and high rank are snatched as soon as the shop opens.

Yu Fei decided that the magic fan will be his temporary weapon for now.

Hmmm......, maybe the loot box might have a good weapon.

Yu Fei looks for a deserted part of the town and open his inventory.

He opens the System Loot Box, inside which contain a pendant.

Moon-space pendant (soul)

Rank: Epic (can be upgraded)

Description: A void alternate space, which can be act as an inventory. The size of the void depends on user magic power and level.

(Soul item, cannot be stolen nor destroyed)

 

Yu Fei is quite satisfied with his luck. He didn't get a mythic rank item, but this is also very useful.

The carving or rather the jewel of the pendant is a fox playing with a small gem, that shine with a soft cold light.

A fox shaped item for a fox race player.

He must admit, he really is satisfied with just the aesthetics.

The beginner inventory only has 20 slots, and he'll needs to buy a storage item in the near future anyways.

Also, this pendant can be upgrade, not to mentioned can't be stolen or destroyed!

Very useful indeed.

And addition to that, there are also ten gacha tokens from the box.

 Gacha.

A mechanic similar to loot boxes. Gacha induce players to spend in-game currency to receive a random in-game item. 

Some in-game currency generally can be gained through game play, and some by purchasing it from the game publisher using real-world funds.

In Paradiso, gacha is the one and only way to get Divine rank items.

Divine rank, the highest rank/tier in Paradiso and the most powerful in Paradiso. Many players dreamt of owning one divine item in their life.

But they aren't Chinese cabbages. Players aren't quite willing to sell this kind of items since they can make you become a famous player in the game and if possible, a place in the leaderboard.

Yu Fei, however, has no intention of getting into a leaderboard or becomes famous, but the temptation of "divine" is strong.

Yu Fei looks at the coins and fall into a deep thought.

The rate of getting a good item from gach is not really "good" but not too bad either. The gacha is the short cut to getting Epic and Legendary rank items. 

Since players can get Epic and Legendary rank items from the gacha pull but Mystic and Divine rank, not so much.

He had heard stories about this gacha pit in the forum and none of them aren't good.

 

The first ten pull of every account is a guarantee epic rank item. But the next pulls will be random, sometimes lower or sometimes higher items.

 The rate of dropping a mythical item is approximately 1 in 1000 pulls....

And not to mention Divine rank.

What a scam?!!

How much money is need to for a Divine rank? No wonder they said gacha is bad for you. But many famous guilds and top rank players will happily jump into pit. 

In conclusion, it's indeed hard for a normal player to obtain a Mystic or Divine rank items but not impossible. They just need throw money into this gacha pit.

Yu Fei never had a financial problem for the past 17 years. He lived alone for the past two years and has a steady control over his spending.

Or probably because he doesn't have any close friends to hang out with and spend most of his money on almost nothing. He never like to eat food for some reason much less snacking. He never did care about how he looks since he almost never goes out. 

When was the last time he buys new clothes again?

His parents, currently divorce, always send him monthly allowance.

Both of his parents have no time for him, and he grew up with his grandparents, both pass away few years ago.

His grandparents are quite strict with him, and he had been a good boy for most of his life.

His spending might have increase over the years but it's nowhere near astronomical.

 The apartments he lived is what he got from his grandparents, and most of the electric and water bill are paid by his parents.

So, in short, he doesn't have to worry about money for the time beings.

He looks at list of items pool from the gacha, magically shining with a luxurious color.

Yu Fei curse and click the pull button.

The gacha exclusive animation appears on the screen and a brown color ball fall out.

Yu Fei opens the brown color capsule.

"Congratulation, you have received mind calming grass medium tier''

...It's ok, only the first time. Next time will be better.

Yu Fei put the button again.

The same animation appears, and another capsule fall out but this it's green.

Yu Fei picks up the ball and open it.

"Congratulation, you have received Exp candy, High tier.''

Hmm...not bad

 .......

The tenth pull.

Yu Fri clicks "pull" and the animation appear.

A purple capsule falls out.

The guarantee epic item.

He opens with his shaky hands and lights pour out.

"Congratulations, you have received mystic abode, Epic tier''

Yu Fei is speechless. He doesn't know if his luck is either good or bad.

The good part is that the ''Mystic abode'' is on the top 100 items in game. 

The bad news is, well this is a auxiliary type items (meaning not combat type). These types of items have a nickname called "decoration". Auxiliary type are generally useless for lone players like Yu Fei. But they have a high demand between guilds since these items can't be obtain in the overworld and can only get from the gacha.

Mystic Abode

Rank: Epic

Description: A courtyard with three rooms, each room can manipulate the flow of time inside.

 

Right, you need to own a land in the game to place this abode or otherwise, it'll be just collecting dust in the inventory.

This item is in the top 100 is because of its ability to manipulate time. The items associated with time magic are indeed rare.

But Yu Fei had no land so he can't use it for now and for a starter like him, owning a land isn't an easy task. But still, this epic reward is not a bad thing since he could sell this to the top guild in the future, if he ever had a financial problem in the future. For now, he had no intention of selling. The pendant inventory has a lot of space so no worry about that problem.

Wonder if the gacha will gave out higher rank items next times?

Yu Fei didn't get any combat related items so he still wants to try his luck.

 

A few minutes later.

 

Yu Fei buys fifty tokens from the shop.

His goal is simple, just get some weapons and combat related items from the gacha.

This purchase took out more than half of his savings. For the first time in his life, Yu Fei feels like he did something wrong. He had never spent this much amount of money in his life in one go. 

It's clear to say now that Yu Fei isn't exactly responsible with money.

Whatever, at least your game avatar will be beautiful.

 

Yu Fei clicks the ten-pull button.

The same gacha animation but with many different color capsule.

"Congratulation, you have received Exp candy''

"Congratulation, you have received Spirit soothing bell, Epic tier''

"Congratulation, you have received mysterious seed pack (5), High tier"

"Congratulation, you have received Elemental hot spring, Epic tier''

Wow... another auxiliary item.

"Congratulation, you have received a skill book, ''Mana Essence, Top tier''

A skill book, nice!

"Congratulation, you have received HP recovery potion, Low tier"

...Welp, first low tier.

"Congratulation, you have received planting plots (5), Top tier''

Planting plots?

"Congratulation, you have received planting plots (20), Medium tier''

"Congratulation, you have received mysterious seed pack (10), High tier''

"Congratulation, you have received planting plots (20), Medium tier"

 

Planting plot, an item to grow magic plants but he currently has no use.

A skill book and an epic rank auxiliary item.

And on top of that another epic tier item.

So not bad, not bad at all.

Next ten pulls.

 

A few minutes later.

 

Yu Fei had done a total of 40 pull from the gacha.

He looks at the items he got so far.

Three auxiliary items

Five mind calming grass

20 Exp candy

30 mysterious seed pack 

A total of 500 planting plots

So many planting plots......

Five spell books 

One mysterious egg (Celestial) {approximately Top rank}

Another egg.

Elemental gem set (Legend)

Yeah, he did get a legend tier item, although again, not a weapon.

The harvest can be said not too bad but not too good either. Let's just put all faith on the final ten pulls. Yu Fei made a gesture of praying and clicked the familiar button and the animation appeared.

 

 

 

4