Chaper 2 – Became a Hermit
52 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The time i spent with Yorgoth surprisingly flew by. At about the 6 hour mark of our in depth discussion. His answers started become more forgotten memories then real answers. It became a discussion with a late stage Alzheimer's patients that also happens to have dementia. You have to piece together the wisdom that happens to be there, Even with an addled mind. He didnt let up any secrets that i tried to worm past him.

He explained the reason why i am here, where i am in the broader universe. The name of the world, basic information on it. Whos body i took over. What magics there are, how to start training my self. What to do from now on. After dealing with the most urgent topics. We continued on to random general knowledge of this world.

One of the more interesting ones was how to commune with the spirit of Gaia. A type of miniature god that only exists in the worlds they are birthed in. Yorgoth has achieved his godhood with the help of his world's Gaia. I might have to remember back to this discussion, when the topic becomes relevant in the future.

Surprisingly everything that was spoken was easy to remember. Matter of fact everything seems to be clearer and easier to remember. My mind is less cluttered and just seems massively better then it was. It might be because the dissipated psychic energy of a literal god, has rubbed off on me. It could be something else, but there is a change.

I rub my scruffy and unkempt beard. Something that i didnt have in my previous life. Considering all the talking, i forgot to ask where the house of the person i took over lived in. I also wasnt told how to get food. As i look down and rub my belly. he could have something hidden around, I know that he was some kind of living in the boonies redneck hermit.

Something i was told was engineered. Not having any emotional connections, allowing me some time to adapt to my new life and a few other reasons. It was also, because of one problem thats really worrying me. Which is the fact that i cant speak the language. Something that would truly keep me stuck living as a wild man.

But that is something i should care about later. There is the more immediate world around me. I pull my crudely made fur coat. My muscles ripple with the smallest movement. I am incredibly jacked. Much stronger then i ever was in my old life.

The woods arent something i am very familiar with. My only experiences is from watching nature documentaries and the one time i went to a boys scout camp. That got shut down the next year, because one of the kids got molested. Not me, but i still have a warped view of the woods.

I jump down a small slope and almost eat dirt. After the few seconds that i am not planted in on spot. Thats just not a good omen. Taking a more careful approach, i tip toe around every rock. My form is more similar to a dainty lady's walk, when walking around a bug. Rather then the grizzled form that i have.

I pat my body, looking for what every was on the person i took over had. It seemed like he died from appendicitis or some other internal problem. I am feeling perfectly healthy so i dont know what gibbed him.

While look through the stuff on me. I find a very sharp looking knife, some weird stones, a type of throwing hatchet, a flint and steel. a water skin made from an animals stomach and some kind of artifact inside a poach. Looking at it reminds me of the feeling, when i first heard Yorgoth's voice.

It seems like the person before me, had some kind of connection with him. I dont know what the artifact could possibly do, but i will experiment on it. When i reach the cabin that the hermit lived in. I sling everything back in my hip and continue on my random exploration.

While walking through shrubby and imitating Indiana Jones, by chopping branches that block my way with my hatchet. I spot a small pond that has this gigantic toad. Its about the size of a large dog. Its ugly warty skin looks like it can handle some damage.

I immediately stop in my tracks and hide, i look at it pensively. It instantly spots me and hops away. Its much to fast, it only took it a second to disappear from my vision. I look left and right. Afraid that it would pop out of nowhere and end my new life, just as it started.

Ribbit*

I jump from my hiding spot and swing my hatchet. A wet crunch is followed by a spray of green blood. The tiny bit that touched my skin gives me a little pain. Irritating my skin. With the sudden rush of adrenaline. I hop up and down far to excited. I look at my victim.  A Toad that was split in half, the hatchet went right through its whole body. I barely felt any resistance.

Damn. I didnt expect to kill something like that. I nudge it with my foot, the most i get is a little smoking from my boots. As the acidic blood literally eats away at it. I look my self over once more and see that i am perfectly fine. Nothing magical, except for the unreal reflexes that i displayed. Something i would be happy to have in my previous life. I wasnt able to catch a pair of keys, even after being primed for it.

Well. Waste not want not. I pick up the slimy toad body from the legs. The blood slowly leaks. Causing the vegetation underneath it to dissolve. Eww dude, Do i really want to eat this. I should just take it along, at worst i could use it as bait. I pull out some twine or some type of string and i hang the body of the toad on my shoulder.

The weird musky smell of the toad aside. I think found some tracks that might lead me to the cabin. A wooden effigy hung on some nearby trees and a place that looks very similar to a dirt road. I could follow it along and see where it would lead.

The further down the road i go the more it seems like an actual dirt road. But before it could change from muddy dirt to packed down dirt. I see a small log cabin built up way bigger then i though it would be. Running down to finally reach my new home.

I see people. What? Weren't i supposed to be an extremely isolated hermit. Why would there be people going inside the cabin. I count up to three men carrying stuff out of the house and putting inside some other place.

As i walk closer one of the men. A balding square jaw man, he notices me and screams. His face a shriek of absolute terror. It was so intense that i stared feeling scared my self. The sound alert the other two and they run to his help. But by the time they saw me. They were also afraid.

The bald fat man falls on his ass, as he crawls away as fast as he can. The other one is sickly thin man with a heavily arched nose bridge. He doesnt react other then dropping his jaw. Paralyzed in fear.

Feeling confident from grown men trembling infront of me. I walk towards them. Deciding to drop the frog body on the floor. As the body thuds on the ground all of them jump a little.

"Woraka fintop ireonfina. Mikalowusu frequencece alwawo." The thin man kneels infront of me and starts speaking in a pleading tone. He bows repeatedly. The other two crawl next to him and start pleading with the others.

I dont know how to respond, as i dont speak their language. I stay silent for a bit of time. To let my self think of how to respond. But by this time, they worked them selves into such a frenzy that snot and tears started falling down their faces.

"Do any of you speak English. I dont understand what you are saying." I speak in a language that definitely doesnt exist in this world. The thin man has a glow in his eyes, as it seems like he understood that i cant speak their language.

"Je weiz Rocco." He points to himself. he mimes some thing else for longer, but i dont get it. It seems this will take a while, as we will have to play a permanent game of charades.

2