Chapter 01: My Name is Madara
1.4k 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the Douluo Continent, in a forested area next to Soutuo City, three people were running amidst the trees, with two of them attacking the third, this one running away in desperation.

'Shit!'

'Damn! Who are these people? Why are they chasing me?' A young man with black hair and a red uniform from the local academy wondered while sweating considerably.

However, his escape was futile. With only level 25, a Ten Years, and a Hundred Years Spirit Rings, he, Cheng Tian, could do nothing against his level 30 and 31 pursuers.

Thus, this 15-year-old escape did not last long, even though he tried his best to get closer to the urban area of Soutuo City, where the local guards should be.

"Second Skill: Merciless Cuts!" A yellow spirit ring appeared around the pursuer who was closest to Cheng Tian.

Swooish!

"Third Skill: Blind Senses!" The other also did his best to knock out his target.

After that, a series of blade attacks slashed toward that young man in despair, while a black fog that only Chen Tian could see appeared in the surroundings.

Those two pursuers laughed upon seeing that, finally slowing down their speed upon seeing that this was the end of that brat.

"Ahhhhhhhhh!" The young man shouted in desperation, but his voice only lasted a few seconds until it gradually diminished and disappeared along with his consciousness.

"Oh? It looks like the worm is already dead..." The level 30 man, dressed all in black, with his face covered, said to his comrade as he stopped beside the young man lying on the ground.

"Hmm, that bastard was too bold to stand in the young master's way... But who knew? He had no talent at all!"

"Tsk!"

"Gao He, there's nothing else holding us back. Let's go!" The stronger of the two commented after observing Cheng Tian's already lifeless body.

There was nothing with that young man as he had no talent or family to depend on. Thus, there was no way that body there would create problems for the two.

Who would bother to look for him? Plus, who would seek justice for an unimportant worm?

Hell, Cheng Tian could be expelled from Cryptid Academy at any moment due to his lack of aptitude. So, who would miss him?

Those men judged that no one would, so they just left him there and started heading back to Soutuo City.

But as those men walked away from where Cheng Tian's body had fallen, his hands' fingers suddenly moved, with his eyes going from side to other under his eyelids.

A second later, a heartbeat sounded from Cheng Tian's chest while his eyes opened, displaying the pattern of a tomoe.

'Oh? What is this?' The young man awoke from his 'sleep,' feeling a sharp pain traveling throughout his body, notably a burning in his eyes.

After trying to get up and observe his surroundings, he felt a wave of information traveling uncontrollably through his mind, further increasing his discomfort.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

Screams of pain once again arose from that young man, alerting the pursuers from earlier, who had not yet disappeared from that area.

"Oh? It looks like the damned has come back to life!" One of them looked back with a confused look on his face.

"Is that the ability of his second ring?"

"It doesn't matter. Let's finish him off. This time, we won't leave a body behind!"

They then rushed back to Cheng Tian, with their soul rings circling around their bodies, already activating their most potent abilities.

When Cheng Tian realized this, he snapped out of his trance, feeling an emotion he had never felt before in his life. That was telling him to enjoy the opportunity to fight.

Realizing how his eyes were 'vibrating' at this, he unconsciously brought his two hands together at chest height and made a series of seals.

"Fire Style: Great Fire Annihilation!" He spat in the direction of his opponents, who were only a few meters ahead.

At that instant, the figure of a quadruped creature, the same height as this young man, with a dragon's head, a deer's body, a bull's tail, and a downy back, appeared behind Cheng Tian.

This creature then opened its big mouth and spat along with Cheng Tian.

Sssss!

Orange flames as voluminous as 10,000 liters of water emerged from that creature, rushing at a speed alarming to those two.

"What?"

"How can that be?"

They shouted simultaneously, but it was already too late!

Neither prepared themselves to defend against their victim's sudden attack. Hence, both were surprised by the burning flames of Cheng Tian's technique!

Thus, in a split second, the two began to catch fire, wildly screaming as they felt their clothes and hair melting.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

"Oh? That's it? I thought I would be greeted with a good battle, but... Tsk, you guys are weak..." A confident voice rose from that young man's throat as he suddenly leaned forward and placed his hands on his knee.

He then felt that there was something wrong in all this, and his eyes opened wide, with his body already vigorously.

"What is it? Is there someone else here?"

'That...'

'Tsk!'

'Looks like I haven't reincarnated completely... Someone is in control...'

'Brat, don't think you can use Uchiha Madara's power anyway!'

'Don't forget that!'

'Tsk, I'm disappearing...'

'Hashir...'

Then, that 1.8-meter-tall body slowly fell to the ground, already passed out due to its physical and mental exhaustion.

At the same time, the flames from earlier finished devouring the two men attacked by that young man, erasing those existences from this world.

...

After a few hours, Cheng Tian woke up in a simple room with no decorations, just the bed he was on and a small closet.

As he slowly opened his eyes, he felt his whole body ache, but most shocking to him was the knowledge he had gained and the events of the previous night.

'That...'

'That can't be true!' A small bow appeared on his lips as he thought of the madness in his mind. 'That can only be a dream. There's no way it can be reality!'

Cheng Tian was in denial, but for a good reason. Last night, he went out with his friends from school to the cinema in his city. However, his last memory of Earth was of being in a car with his friends when a large flash appeared in front of them.

After this, he appeared in this strange place, with many pains in his body, the voices of a man in his head, and strange memories in his mind. Then an unbelievable thing happened when he unknowingly spat fire from his mouth at two strangers!

When this happened, he still felt confused about the whole situation, out of control of his own body. But now, thinking more calmly on that bed, he could not help but notice indications of this madness.

'That voice...'

'Madara!' He immediately recognized the voice of his favorite anime character and the technique he used last night.

'How can that be? How can Madara's voice appear in my mind? Have I gone crazy after watching too many animes?' His eyes fluttered in excitement at that thought.

But he did not worry about it for long, for the images of the previous night and the memories of his predecessor's life soon came to the surface.

'Douluo Continent? Those people were using abilities coming from spirit rings! They were...'

His hands then clenched, ignoring the pain throughout his body. 'They were trying to kill me!'

'That...'

"Is this truly the Douluo Continent?" He repeated that thought, this time aloud in a tired tone.

"Oh? It's good that you recognize where you are." An elderly voice came from behind the bed where Cheng Tian was standing. "That's a good sign. It seems that your mental faculties are fine, even considering your body state when I found you."

"Uh?" Cheng Tian turned his face slightly, finally seeing an elderly woman behind him, carrying some pots in her hands.

"That... Madam..."

"Shh!"

"Try not to talk too much for the moment."

"My name is Zhang Niu, and we are now in Soutuo City."

"Last night, when I was harvesting medicines on the city's south side, I found you unconscious on my way back. When I realized you were alive, I brought you here."

"In any case, I have already taken care of your injuries. But just so you don't get too worried, although you need a few days of rest, your injuries are not serious."

"The only problem here is that it seems you exhausted your spiritual power last night..."

"You must have used a compelling ability last night. I've never seen anyone get that exhausted before..." She muttered, without Cheng Tian hearing it.

"Sigh! Try to rest for the moment. We'll talk later." She then knelt beside that bed and opened the bandages on Cheng Tian's body.

As she ran a green gel over the wounds on his body, Cheng Tian said in a low voice. "Aunt Zhang, thank you for helping me... When I recover, I will do my best to repay that gratitude..."

"Don't bother."

After that, he closed his eyes, feeling the icy sensation of that gel, with his thoughts working as they had never had before.

'This is too real to be a dream or hallucination!'

'This truly is the Douluo Continent, and somehow, I inherited Madara's powers!'

'That... Does that mean I died?' A feeling of sadness spread through his mind, with him remembering his family and friends.

Realizing that Cheng Tian looked like he was about to cry, that woman looked at his handsome face and sighed. "Boy, don't be too sorry. You can still be considered quite fortunate."

"Many of us die without knowing why, without a second chance or acceptable conditions like yours."

"Then don't be too sorry. What has already happened cannot be changed. Just try to live with what you have now. I'm sure there are many possibilities for a young man like you." She smiled gently, going back to watching his injuries.

After hearing that, Cheng Tian wiped his eyes and swallowed his saliva in determination. "Aunt Zhang, thank you."

"By the way, my name is Madara."

...

20