Chapter 02: New Reality
936 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Madara?" Zhang Niu asked in surprise, looking at Cheng Tian. "Are you a foreigner, by any chance? I've never seen anyone with a name like that around here before..."

"Hmm, I guess you could say that." Cheng Tian smiled.

After that, silence returned to that room while the young man rested and that woman assisted his body.

In the midst of this, he slowly put his thoughts in order. 'Douluo Continent... Madara's powers... If this is not a dream or hallucination, then I have transmigrated to a fantastic place, with the powers of a great shinobi.'

'How did this happen? Did my friends come here too?' He pondered his death, thinking that that light had probably been the beginning of a traffic accident. In such a case, it was likely that his friends had also died.

'Never mind. There's no way I can answer those questions, and frankly, it doesn't matter anymore.' He felt the pain around his body. 'I am in a hazardous place, and from my sensations, I can tell this body is quite different from my previous one...'

'Thus, I wouldn't recognize my friends even if they had come here with me. Besides, I have my new life to worry about!'

'Already there are people trying to kill me...' His expression became solemn as his eyes fluttered with his emotions.

'As Itachi once said, 'to survive, we cling to what we know and understand. We call this reality.''

'Now, this is my reality!' He pressed his jaw together, dryly swallowing this shocking change of circumstances.

But he needed to do this. It did not matter if he was a high school student a few hours ago and now a spirit master. Either he would adapt, or he could be killed at any moment.

Since he wanted to live, Cheng Tian accepted the situation and tried to understand where he was.

'My predecessor had the same name as me, a girlfriend named Gong Xiu, studied at the Cryptid Academy in Soutuo City, Balak Kingdom, Heaven Dou Empire...'

'He was an orphan, without much talent or prospects...' His eyes narrowed as he remembered how ordinary his predecessor's talent was, which had earned him his share of humiliation in Cryptid Academy.

Even his girlfriend, who had grown up with him and had always been someone he trusted, was already showing some contempt signs.

In short, Cheng Tian had no one, and his situation in Cryptid Academy was terrible. In fact, he was already about to be expelled from this institution, given his poor aptitudes.

Cryptid Academy was not as influential an institution as other great academies in this empire. But even so, it always sent teams to compete with honor in the Continental Advanced Spirit Master Academy Elite Tournament.

Therefore, the situation of someone with poor talents like Cheng Tian was precarious in that place!

'If I'm not mistaken, Cheng Tian is at level 25 and had as his martial soul a spirit tool, Fan... He has a Ten Years and a Hundred Years Spirit Rings...'

"Sigh..."

'Not an ideal combination...' He felt disappointed but soon remembered last night, 'Wait a moment. Something came up after Madara used his attack technique...'

'Maybe I have more than one martial soul?' He felt excited, hopeful that he could fix the problem of that Ten Years Spirit Ring with a martial soul with high-level spirit rings in the future!

'Hmm, I'll see about that later...'

'Anyway, in addition to the ordinary powers of the Douluo Continent, I also inherited Madara's techniques... Last night, I used Fire Style and his Sharingan!'

A smile appeared at the corners of his lips as he felt better. 'Good! I at least have something to count on this start of mine in this fantastic place!'

'Perfect!'

...

After putting his thoughts in order, Cheng Tian stayed at Zhang Niu's residence for two days. During this period, he received health care until he could get around without much trouble.

During this period, he used the time he had to connect certain information in his mind, concluding that chakra and spiritual power were actually the same things.

With this, he understood why he had been so exhausted since he had only used one technique. But thinking about it, that attack had been enough to kill two people, one five and one six levels above him. So, it had been demanding on his poor current power.

Anyway, even though he had hurt another living being for the first time in his life, surprisingly, Cheng Tian was not disgusted or feeling bad about it.

Not because he was a cruel being in his previous life, he was not. But because, in addition to them having tried to kill him, the emotions of his predecessor and the remnants of Madara in his eyes had helped him to feel it all as natural.

With that, he now had a few goals in mind. First, he wanted to raise his spiritual power as high as possible, for only then could he improve the powers of his Sharingan.

Second. Cheng Tian had already considered that he would eventually awaken the Mangekyō Sharingan, meaning that he would walk into the darkness with no reserve eyes to save him. In this case, he wanted to search for resources, spirit bones, and rings capable of raising his vitality and constitution. Only in this way could he improve his chances that his visual powers would not be sealed.

That was his theory, the only possibility he had thought of that made sense to him.

With that, he finished meditating again, then headed toward Zhang Niu's house, which was at one end of Soutuo City.

"Auntie Zhang, I think I'll be back to the academy by tomorrow. Do you think I'll have any problems?" He sat beside the kitchen table as he watched that woman prepare lunch.

"No. You'll be well enough. Just try not to struggle for the next few days, and everything will be fine."

"Hmm, I'll keep that in mind..."

"Anyway, Auntie Zhang, my memories are a little flawed..." He lied. "Can you answer some of my questions? I want to know some basic information so as not to put myself in an awkward situation at the academy..."

"Oh? Haha, you young people are always worried about other people's opinions, huh? Haha, fine, ask your questions." She laughed, still with her attention focused on the vegetables in front of her.

Cheng Tian then asked. "Who is the current Supreme Pontiff? Is it Bibi Dong?"

"Bibi Dong? Who is that?" She looked back, surprised at hearing this unfamiliar name. "The Supreme Pontiff of the Spirit Hall is obviously Qian Douliu!"

"Oh?" Surprise appeared in Cheng Tian's eyes. 'It seems I transmigrated in an era before Tang San's...'

"Qian Douliu... And Qian Xunji?"

Zhang Niu then said. "Well, ordinary people like me have no way of knowing what happens in the Spirit Hall. But Qian Xunji has already made his fame on the continent."

"He became a Spirit Emperor years ago and was already appointed as his father's successor. I don't know his current level, but now, at 30, he is the most talented and prominent of his generation within the Spirit Hall."

"Impressive..." He muttered in a low voice, realizing that he had transmigrated into the generation of Tang Hao, Qian Xunji, and Bibi Dong. 'Probably the Grandmaster is still in the Spirit Hall, and Tang San's father shouldn't be much older than me.'

'That's truly amazing!'

'Hmm, if that's the case, Tang San hasn't been born yet, and the herbs in that medicinal garden of Dugu Bo in Sunset Forest are waiting to be harvested...' A smile appeared on his face.

'Perfect!'

'When I get stronger, I will go to that place!'

After that, he and Zhang Niu chatted about contemporary facts for a few minutes until the food was ready and they had their meal.

With that, Cheng Tian spent the rest of the day recuperating and cultivating in that house, occasionally receiving assistance from that woman.

At the end of the evening, when she was already asleep, he turned his attention to his martial souls.

Surprisingly he had three of them!

One was a Fan similar to the one Madara used, the one with Cheng Tian's spirit rings. Meanwhile, he had two other martial souls, both beast spirits. One of them looked like a sea creature that he still was not sure what it was.

As for the other, this was that being that had appeared the night before, with a dragon's head, a deer's body, a bull's tail, and a downy back.

He was also unsure which martial soul this was, but he felt it was mighty.

With that, he spent another night in that place, having slept with a smile on his face until the day dawned.

"Auntie Zhang, thank you for everything." He placed his hands on top of each other and bowed his head to her. "If one day I have the opportunity to return the favor, I will do my best!"

"Hmm, kid, don't worry about it. Take care of your life and try not to put yourself in danger."

"As for other things, let fate decide for us..."

With that, he set off in the direction of Cryptid Academy!

18