Chapter 27: Saved by the Gong
312 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The moment Cheng Tian fainted, the three individuals who had tried to capture him earlier finally realized that there was something wrong going on.

Suddenly they noticed a golden light illuminating that area and looked up towards the sky. As they did so, the three opened their mouths in shock as they saw a prominent figure, all golden, with six wings, hovering in the air above them.

Most importantly, nine rings circled the body of the blond man floating there.

Gulp!

'Black, Black, Black, Black, Black, Black, Black, Black, Red!' The weakest of them, level 75, counted the rings around that person and shivered, feeling they had made a colossal mistake.

"Shit!"

"Titled Douluo!" Their leader shouted before turning to try to escape.

Unfortunately for them, the person who had appeared there was much stronger than they could imagine.

Angelic Domain!

Golden radiance came from the tremendous beast spirit, quickly reaching where these people were trying to run.

When this happened, each of those men began to scream in pain as they felt this radiance burning their bodies. At the same time, their demonic powers weakened amidst the space under the influence of such a domain.

'Shit, that person is at least at level 95!' Finally, their leader realized that he would not be able to escape and decided to at least make one last attack.

"Use everything you have!" He shouted to his companions.

"Seventh Skill: Underworld Skeleton Avatar!" The weaker individuals used their highest level rings while attacking with everything they had.

With that, two complete skeletons, covered in a black mist, each over 5 meters tall, appeared in the surroundings and attacked in the direction of the opponent.

"Eighth Skill: Dark Arts!"

A ball of dark energy appeared between the giant hands of the skeleton behind the enemy leader while a black ring glowed in his surroundings.

Then, as the two skeletons flew with their fists towards the enemy, that ball of energy shot out.

Seeing this, the blond man laughed and moved one of his hands towards those people, activating one of his abilities.

"First Skill: Seraphim's Light!"

Then, a black ring glowed behind the sizeable golden figure in the skies, and a voluminous golden light beam departed from the palms of that beast spirit's hands.

Ssss!

"Ahhhhhhh!"

"Ahhhhhhh!"

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

The golden light completely obliterated the blows of the three. Then, before they knew it, their bodies were hit by it.

In that instant, they began to catch fire like embers from a campfire, desperately screaming as they suffered the worst.

As they screamed in pain, slowly, a black mist began to leave their bodies, looking like a parasite trying to leave the dying host to save itself.

However, with each amount of black mist that left these bodies, the golden radiance in the surroundings burned it right away.

That lasted for a few seconds until all the black mist on their bodies was purified, and those men finally stopped screaming in despair, already dead.

But they had not burned to ashes. On the contrary, their bodies were preserved, demonstrating the change they had gone through in these last moments.

Their black sclerae had turned white, while their red irises had turned brown or black.

After seeing this, the figure in the skies put away his martial soul and landed beside those bodies.

'Looks like there are more and more of you, huh?' He looked at those corpses, 'I just wondered where you came from... Is it some organization that lived in seclusion and decided to show itself to the world?'

A few short years ago, little by little, people with strange, potent, and similar abilities began to appear on the Douluo Continent. These people had a strange bloodlust, were destructive, and seemed to be enemies of humanity.

Precisely because of this, this man and some of the continent's top experts were already aware that there was a problem, and they needed to act.

Unfortunately for the humans, their questions increased in quantity at a higher rate than the answers were coming in.

'What is the reason for this 'invasion'?'

As this blond man was thinking about this, a white-haired man approached the area walking towards him. "Supreme Pontiff, you called me?"

"Fouth Worship, take these bodies and this boy. Take them back to Spirit City." Qian Daoliu, level 99, said this without even looking at that level 95 fellow, "Send those corpses to be studied."

"As for this boy," He looked at Cheng Tian and remembered how impressive such a child had done in facing this threat. "Take him to the Spirit Hall to be treated. I think he might become a good student at Spirit Hall Academy."

"Oh? This child..." The white-haired old man observed Cheng Tian's body, which was full of bruise marks and had a pale appearance.

'Level 36? Hmm, judging by his appearance, he must be around 16... That's not bad, but it's not good either. So why does the Supreme Pontiff want this boy?'

After a moment's thought, this man put the matter aside and said. "All right, Supreme Pontiff. But, what will you do now?"

"I'll see if there are more of them in the surrounding area..." Qian Daoliu briefly commented before leaping into the air and flying away.

That member of the Spirit Hall then looked in the direction from which his leader flew until he turned his attention back to the unconscious young man.

'Looks like he's not too bad... He just needs rest, and he'll probably be fine in three days.' He pondered as he placed Cheng Tian's body on his back.

After that, he took the three corpses there and placed them in his spatial storage item. Then, he flew towards Spirit City, which was only a few tens of kilometers away from this area of Fasinuo Province.

While he was flying, this Spirit Hall member did not have the opportunity to see Cheng Tian's incredible recovery rate.

Cheng Tian had exhausted himself quite a bit earlier and even suffered injuries from his enemies. However, after only a few moments since he had fainted, some minor injuries on his body had already healed.

Because of this, the Fouth Worship thought that Cheng Tian's condition was good!

In any case, Cheng Tian had been saved by the gong, and while being taken to Spirit Hall, his regeneration ability solved most of his problems, leaving aside only his exhaustion.

...

Two days later...

After sleeping this entire period, Cheng Tian finally opened his eyes in a bright place, where the wind was coming in through a window, cooling the heat of this hot today.

The first thing he saw when he woke up was a golden lamp, something of value that Cheng Tian had only seen in pictures of hotels in his previous life.

Due to him finding himself in this strange place right after waking up, he frowned and tried to move.

"Ouch!" He made a sound of pain, feeling difficulty in moving and still quite tired. 'I almost died!' He remembered the previous events.

'Wait a moment...'

'A Titled Douluo appeared? I was saved?' He looked around and saw an area similar to an infirmary, with some empty beds and various items common to that kind of place.

'That person had a Hundred Thousand Years Spirit Ring!' His eyes opened wide, finally used to the brightness of that area. 'Who was that person? How many can have spirit rings of that quality?'

But as he pondered this, a voice came from behind a curtain behind his bed. "So you woke up, huh?"

"Uh?" Cheng Tian turned his face and saw a blond woman sitting in a wooden chair watching him. "Who are you? Where am I?"

The woman smiled at the fearful expression on Cheng Tian's face but did not play with him for long. "My name is Luo Xiu, and I am a nurse in this place."

"As for the place you are, this is Spirit City, more precisely, Spirit Hall Academy."

"Spirit Hall?" His jaw almost dropped from his face after he heard such a thing. 'So the person who saved me is from Spirit Hall?'

'Qian Daoliu?' Cheng Tian thought of the only person he knew who had a red spirit ring in that organization.

"Yes, this is the Spirit Hall. Surprised?"

"Actually, no... It was the Supreme Pontiff who saved me, right?"

"So you remember... Well, since your memory seems fine, I should tell you that the Supreme Pontiff wants to see you as soon as possible." She said in a sober tone.

"So, eat something, take a shower, and then I'll take you to him. All right?"

"Fine." He nodded in agreement, wondering what this person would want to talk to him about. 'Good thing I didn't use my martial soul yesterday... It would be hard to explain three purple rings while I'm at level 36.'

11