Chapter 26: Desperate Escape Attempt
314 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Who are you? What do you want?" He said in a tone laden with caution as he looked at those three frightening people.

Seeing Cheng Tian's reaction to them, these individuals did not rush to deal with him. Instead, they only laughed at seeing the desperation in this fellow's eyes.

"It seems that he has already seen us somewhere before..." One of them commented as he noticed how on the defensive Cheng Tian was.

Normally the unusual characteristics of these people would scare off spirit masters. But there were all kinds of people in this world, so even they could pass themselves off as 'ordinary.'

But Cheng Tian's reaction had been too exaggerated for just the unusual looks of the three. Thus, one of them soon realized the obvious.

"Oh? Is he a lucky survivor?"

"No matter. Now that we are face to face with him, it will be impossible for him to survive." Another person commented.

"In any case, this human seems to have quite a talented body. If we use it to bring in one of our brothers, it will be extremely positive for us in a few years." The one that appeared to be the group leader said, not caring if Cheng Tian was listening to them.

Meanwhile, Cheng Tian had no idea of the level of these people, but he knew it was high enough for him to have no chance.

'Damn it!'

'Am I going to die here?' He wondered as he felt cold sweat pouring down throughout his body. 'There's no point in me using skills related to my martial soul. Given the level difference between our sides, my movements wouldn't even scratch these people.'

'In this case, I can only rely on Madara's techniques and the Sharingan's abilities.' He looked carefully at the people in front of him, who had streams of black chakra on their bodies that were as intense as tiny stars.

'These people are at least level 70.' Sweat dripped from Cheng Tian's forehead as he prepared to use his few alternatives in the hope of escaping.

Fighting would get him nowhere. So, only using his weakness as an advantage to fool these people and try to escape could give him a chance to continue living.

His chances were not good. In fact, Cheng Tian estimated that he had less than a 1% chance of seeing the sunrise tomorrow. Still, this was his only chance, and he was ready to use it to the fullest until he fell or succeeded.

In his desperation, a third tomoe appeared in his red eyes, significantly raising his visual abilities.

Sensing this, Cheng Tian remained nervous since his chances had not improved almost anything, even with this breakthrough.

'I have to try!'

He then said. "Hey, can't we talk? Why do you guys want to act against someone of my level? There is no advantage in seniors acting against a junior of the younger generation!"

"Senior? Junior?" The three laughed, remembering that they had recently heard this from many of their victims.

"These humans are fascinating. They think that we can't act against the weak because we are stronger..."

"Pathetic!"

"Brothers, let me take care of this brat. I won't mess up his body. Rest assured." One of them stepped forward, snapping his fingers in preparation to deal with Cheng Tian.

When a giant skeletal hand appeared in the surroundings, Cheng Tian no longer waited and made a hand seal.

Wooden Style Multiple Clone Technique!

Immediately upon using this technique, the vegetation in the surrounding area trembled while multiple wooden clones began to form from the ground.

At the same time his clones appeared, Cheng Tian did not wait and used the genjutsu on the three opponents, hoping to get at least a few seconds out of it as he ran away.

'Damn it!'

'This has to work!' He was moving through that area, constantly changing between walking through the trees and the ground.

Meanwhile, seeing Cheng Tian's many wooden clones form and then leap against them, the three individuals frowned, surprised by this enemy's ability.

"That brat didn't use a spirit ring skill..." One of them commented as he ran through the surroundings, heading towards his opponent.

On the other hand, the one who had decided to attack first completely crushed all the wooden clones without giving them a chance to cause trouble.

"Humph! Is that all? Kid, just give up. It will be easier for you that way..." That person laughed as he jumped in the direction from which Cheng Tian had departed, quickly approaching his target.

Realizing he was about to be reached, Cheng Tian used his last invocation when he was about to fall into the hands of this enemy.

Summoning technique: Horse!

Just as the hand was about to reach him, a horse appeared on the tree trunk that Cheng Tian had touched with one of his hands as he jumped toward the ground.

"Oh?" The two men watched that with interest while the poor horse exploded into a mass of flesh.

'This brat seems to have a lot of strange techniques...' One of them felt they had drawn the long straw by finding this guinea pig. 'Let's see if he shows us something more interesting.'

And Cheng Tian showed them.

Wood Style: Advent of a World of Flowering Trees!

The trees in the surrounding area began to grow, while some branches ran towards the ankles of the enemies chasing Cheng Tian.

At the same time, a yellowish mist containing pollen spread over that area, causing those three individuals to find the situation even more strange and begin to take the situation more seriously.

"That mist is poisonous. So be careful. Even if it can't knock us out, it's enough to make our senses worse!" One of the three said to the individual chasing Cheng Tian.

Their leader then ordered. "Get it over with in one go. Maybe that brat has something to help him get away from us!"

"Yes, I will finish it all now!" The person with the large black, skeletal hand said as he increased his speed considerably, attacking the black-haired young man with vigor.

"I got you!"

The large fingers of that hand pressed against Cheng Tian's body, with that individual smiling for having captured this young man.

Puff!

However, just as he was about to arrest him successfully, that man saw Cheng Tian's body disappear into thin air, like an illusion.

"What?"

"That..."

"The brat managed to put an illusion on me?" He said aloud, seeing that his companions also seemed to have been fooled by Cheng Tian.

So far, he had been chasing the real Cheng Tian. However, since this young man's first move, they had all come under the effects of his genjutsu, which was used at this decisive moment to make this man miss his attack.

Unfortunately, Cheng Tian only got a few seconds of advantage by using one of his last trumps.

"Damn it!"

"My body is getting heavy, my consciousness... My..." He began to slow his speed as he moved around the area, feeling the weight of using all those techniques.

"Brat, what else do you have?" The man attacking him appeared before Cheng Tian, totally outnumbering this young man.

At the same time, the other two individuals were helping to surround Cheng Tian, but they seemed unwilling to act.

Fire Style: Dust and Gray Concealment Technique!

Cheng Tian blew forcefully, causing the energy in his body to mix with the air in his lungs and then incinerate matter in the air, creating a long curtain of smoke around him.

After doing so, he felt his legs shaking, but he managed to drag himself around, barely conscious of half of his actions.

'Damn...'

'Is that the end?'

'Perfect, brat. You have many things to teach us, hihihihihi." The leader of the three finally stepped forward to release his martial soul and make the smoke created by Cheng Tian disappear, while his eight spirit rings appeared.

They had the ideal configuration, two yellow, two purple, and four black.

His martial soul was a giant black skeleton, which promptly picked up Cheng Tian's falling body and brought him closer to such an individual.

When he got close to this target, that old man was about to touch Cheng Tian's neck, when suddenly the young man made a seal and blew in his direction.

Fire Style: Great Fire Destruction!

Ssss!

Orange flames engulfed this person's body, burning all his clothes in the blink of an eye.

"Not bad..." A voice full of vitality and warmth emerged from the skies as that individual attacked by Cheng Tian protected his face with his arms.

"What a difficult person to deal with! Even fallen, he attacks!" One of the other two saw Cheng Tian's body lying on the ground with half-open eyes, watching the sky and smiling.

'Looks like I'm saved...' Then, he saw something those three had not yet realized, falling asleep soon after seeing a red glow above that area.

...

11