Chapter 25: Time to Flee
332 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After laughing for a few seconds at his opponents, Cheng Tian sat on a cultivation cushion in a lotus position and began meditating.

As he did so, he immediately sensed the spiritual energy in the surroundings, slowly absorbing it amidst the action of the potion he had just drunk.

After a few moments, he felt his stomach begin to heat up, and then this feeling spread to several of his vital organs until his entire body began to tremble with pain.

As he clenched his jaw tightly, his three martial souls appeared simultaneously, each glowing in a reddish light.

But apart from the fact that they seemed to be getting more distinct, the changes in Cheng Tian's three martial souls were not meaningful. But, of course, that potion worked best on people weaker than him, so naturally, his results could not be that noticeable.

Even more so, considering that he was someone with three martial souls, an External Soul Bone, and three purple rings.

Hell, his body features were already outstanding!

In this way, the small result he had, although positive, had not been enough to cause quantitative changes in his martial souls.

In any case, Cheng Tian noticed all this as he stood in that lotus position, but he was not unhappy. From the beginning, this had been intended for the sake of his eyes, not the evolution of all his other characteristics.

Thus, he was happy to feel that his physical condition was improving!

Then, Cheng Tian continued meditating for some more time.

...

Meanwhile, at the place where Cheng Tian's clone had disappeared...

"Damn it!"

"What happened? Where did he go?" The old man who wanted the potion for his disciple asked in an irritated tone, not understanding what had happened.

"That..."

"That damn brat... What did he do?"

The woman in that group then frowned as she looked at where Cheng Tian had vanished. 'He just turned into smoke... What was that? An ability? Did he have such a unique ability?'

"Hey, what level was that boy?" She asked.

"I think he's a Spirit Elder. Why?" Someone said, curious.

'This is an ability of a Spirit Elder? He also looked young...' She thought briefly about how unusual Cheng Tian was and sighed in defeat. 'Maybe he is from the Spirit Hall!'

"Forget it. We weren't meant for that potion, so let's leave it." She commented to the young woman who had accompanied her there.

"That... Are you sure?"

"Hmm, let's go."

On the other hand, Cheng Tian's other pursuers had not yet given up.

"Send someone to get information about this brat." Qiao Yu said with someone from his group. "Even if he has already taken that potion, it doesn't change the fact that he has thrown my name in the mud by giving me that 'slap' in the face."

"I will teach that little fellow a lesson!"

...

After meditating for some time, Cheng Tian absorbed the potion's medicinal power.

The moment he got up to go to the bathroom in his room, he felt the difference caused by that resource. All his sensations seemed to have become more intense, from his touch to his vision, which now seemed to have improved by 10%.

Not only that, his body awareness had significantly increased as well, and he now felt that it would be easier to perform some of the movements left by Madara.

Cheng Tian was not Madara. He had just inherited the potential of that character. As such, he did not know how to do many things that Madara was an expert at. He even had the potential to do what this shinobi was capable of, but only training would take him there.

When it came to the techniques and abilities of the Sharingan, he was only able to use them because of his knowledge and the extraordinary sensation in his body.

But by enhancing his senses this night, he now felt as if he had taken a weight off his clothes, freeing himself to act more boldly.

'External resources are exciting...' He smiled as he looked at himself in the mirror, amazed at all the changes he had gone through in his senses and his slightly more defined body.

'I wonder what will happen when I visit that Dugu Bo place?'

"Sigh..."

'Unfortunately, I am far from that place, and Dugu Bo is probably already a Spirit Emperor, someone too dangerous to me now.'

"Well, those medicines aren't going anywhere, so I can leave that matter for later..." He muttered to himself, still standing in front of his bathroom mirror. "For now, I just have to watch out for those people. It's probably a good idea to take a mission and stay away from Nuoding City for a few days."

'Hmm, it will be great to test my new features and limits!' He clenched his fists in determination.

A few hours later, this young man left that inn and took two missions at Tempest Vanguardians in one go before departing Nuoding City.

He needed to rest, but there was no reason to allow potential opponents to find him at that inn after publicly showing his face at the auction earlier. So, he hurried to leave that city, heading toward Fasinuo Province's border with the Star Luo Empire.

His new targets were in that relatively more distant region from Nuoding City, a place far away from the people at tonight's auction. So, this was a perfect opportunity for him to escape!

...

A few days later...

Cheng Tian was at this very moment on the outskirts of what looked like a razed camp.

Several bodies were scattered there, while groans of pain and the sound of falling tree branches still rang out.

The place looked like chaos, but if one focused only on Cheng Tian, one would be confused. He was sitting on a rock in front of a person with his legs inside a fire. There, Madara's heir was using the fire to grill some vegetables, occasionally tasting them as if he were in his favorite restaurant.

"Come on, Mister Ren. If you don't tell me where your boss is, you'll burn to death..." He said calmly, without looking at the person groaning in pain in front of him.

"Madara, you wretch! You tricked us!" That person tried to contain his agony to say those words. "But just wait, you'll regret what you've done, you bastard!"

Cheng Tian joined this group after eliminating his first target and reaching level 36. He had discovered this group while trying to chase his second target, who was the boss of these people.

After three days with this group, Cheng Tian had successfully manipulated half of them and started a rebellion, reaching the current situation where practically only he was left in one piece.

As for the fellow at Cheng Tian's feet at this moment, the one with legs burning in that fire, he was one of the leaders of this subordinate group of Cheng Tian's target. That was why he had been left alive to be interrogated by this young man.

Anyway, seeing the crazy look on this person's face, Cheng Tian nodded in his direction. 'This one is tough! He'd rather die than give up his comrades...'

'Not bad for a criminal!'

"Sigh..."

"Unfortunately, you have one white and three yellow spirit rings... It's so insignificant that it would hardly add any power to me even if I absorbed them." He shook his head in disappointment that the only survivor there had no potential to help him.

"What are you talking about?" The man felt humiliated and said amidst his howls of pain.

"A dead person doesn't need to know these important details..." He looked coldly at the head between his feet. "Mister Ren, time to die!"

Fire Style: Majestic Destroyer Flames!

He made a hand seal and then blew towards the ground, totally incinerating that man's body, barely giving time for such a person to scream in despair.

"Time to go..." He muttered after watching Mister Ren's body turn to ashes along with several other corpses nearby.

"Hihihihihihi..." A burst of strange laughter spread through the surroundings of that area as Cheng Tian was about to leave the ash-filled place.

A thin voice, but laden with negative feelings, broke from the same direction as the laughter. "This fellow has an ideal heart to harbor one of our companions..."

"He truly has a unique bloodlust, zhahahaha." Another voice, equally cruel and terrible, came up as Cheng Tian frowned, looking from side to side with a bad feeling.

As he prepared for these likely enemies, he finally saw some faces he had seen weeks ago.

"That..."

'You? Are actually those people?' He swallowed his saliva, seeing those individuals with black sclerae and red irises.

...

11