Chapter 29: New Spirit Hall Member 2
332 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After thinking for a while, Qian Daoliu took one of the many Spirit Bones he had in his spatial storage and handed it to Cheng Tian.

"That is a skull Spirit Bone, coming from a 3,000-year-old beast." He showed a bluish bone, which looked like a small crown.

Seeing that, Cheng Tian was momentarily surprised, silently watching that item in the Supreme Pontiff's hands. 'He's going to give me a Soul Bone? So he saved me, and he will still give me something?'

Soul Bones, even of low rank, such as a 3,000-year-old one, were extremely valuable to spirit masters. After all, most of them did not even have a single Spirit Bone, so its rank was not that relevant.

Hell, even Titled Douluo rarely had more than one Spirit Bone!

As such, Cheng Tian could not help but notice the value of that thing, even considering that it was not as promising a bone as those 10,000-year-old ones.

Qian Daoliu noticed the doubt in Cheng Tian's eyes and laughed. "Young Madara, you think I am giving too much to someone I just met, right?"

He saw Cheng Tian nodding and continued. "Spirit Bones may seem unusual for ordinary organizations on the Douluo Continent, but the Spirit Hall has dozens of them. And this one I am giving you is only a low ranked one, but one that can be very useful to you."

"That bone will not only give you a special ability, Flaming Eyes, but it will also increase all your mental properties. That means your thoughts will be faster, your sensory perceptions sharper. In short, you will become better prepared for battles."

"So, don't underestimate this bone. It may well be one of the only ones you will ever have in your life." He made that point clear. "As for why I'm giving it to you, well, obviously, it's because I see potential in you."

"That bone will help you have better results, which will be a good thing for the Spirit Hall. Anyway, we're all going to die one day, so eventually, it will return to the Spirit Hall."

"Then, this isn't a big deal." He threw the bone in Cheng Tian's direction, causing this open-mouthed young man to tremble and almost throw himself off balance to catch the thing.

Gulp!

'That... If he values me so much, wouldn't it be better to give me a more powerful bone right away?' Cheng Tian commented to himself, but he was only joking.

He knew that skull or torso bones were much rarer to find than arm or leg bones. Because of this, from Qian Daoliu's point of view, it was more valuable for Cheng Tian to gain a bone from that area.

Cheng Tian might not have the opportunity to find a good skull Spirit Bone in the future. But on the other hand, it might be a waste to hand him a low-level arm or leg bone now since he might have chances to find better ones in the future.

As for the other Spirit Bones that Qian Daoliu had with him at the moment, well, they were not numerous because this organization of his had many talented members.

Moreover, most of the bones in his storage item were arm and leg bones and were too old for this young man to absorb or even deserve.

In any case, if Cheng Tian put in the effort, eventually he might have a chance to win one of these bones, so it was not a problem, in this man's view, for the young man next to him to win that.

Qian Daoliu looked at Cheng Tian and briefly said before starting to walk around that area. "You can try to absorb it later, so don't rush. But, for now, accompany me to a certain place."

Cheng Tian then regained his posture, stored the skull bone in his storage item, and began to follow that blond man.

...

After a few moments, the two arrived at a different area of the Spirit Hall temple, where a certain number of people could be seen circulating around the area that appeared to be a training place.

"Supreme Pontiff!" Several people there bent their knees as they saw the blond person in front of Cheng Tian.

Ignoring these people, Qian Daoliu saw the figures of two young men, with one of them appearing to be over 20 years old. This person had a feminine appearance and was wearing a floral robe. The other, who wore a mask on his face, was dressed all in black.

"Yue Guan, Gui Mei, come here." Qian Daoliu's calm voice called out to those two, quickly bringing them to his side.

"Supreme Pontiff, is there a problem?" The two looked down at the ground as they stood with their knees bent in front of this man.

Cheng Tian watched all this from the side with his mouth open in surprise at seeing these two figures. 'So it's you two?' He activated his Sharingan and took a glimpse at their level.

'Apparently, you are between level 40 and 50...'

The Supreme Pontiff then said. "Starting today, this young man next to me will accompany you two on some of your missions."

"Oh?" The two looked at Cheng Tian and soon realized his cultivation level.

'Level 36? He's not so bad.' Yue Guan smiled at Cheng Tian, making him shiver at that.

As for Gui Mei, he was much cold than his great friend, so he did not think much of this young man, only that he should follow the Supreme Pontiff's orders.

Qian Daoliu continued. "Madara will not be a usual member of the Spirit Hall. So, don't talk about him with others besides other Worships or me. Don't ask unnecessary questions either."

"Understood?"

"Yes, Supreme Pontiff!" The two replied simultaneously.

"Good!"

This man did not want too many questions being asked about Cheng Tian.

Qian Daoliu naturally did not mind Cheng Tian's techniques. After all, although they were helpful, it would make no difference to know about such a thing at the level he was at.

On the other hand, techniques like those always required a lot of talent, so even if he could get Cheng Tian to talk, it probably would not be of much use.

As such, he did not want to bother this little new member of the Spirit Hall nor even gain some resentment from Cheng Tian over such a small thing.

Everyone had their secrets, and that was not necessarily a bad thing.

If he made himself worthwhile to the Spirit Hall, it would all be worth it!

He turned to Cheng Tian and commented. "Young Madara, from now on, follow these two. They often do jobs just like the ones you seek."

"In any case, rest for a week, and then begin your routine alongside them." He clapped one of his hands on the black-haired young man's left shoulder.

"I will be unavailable for a while, so if you need anything, look for Golden Crocodile. I will make him aware of your situation around here before my departure." He thought of the image of a gorgeous woman with blue hair and eyes...

"All right, Supreme Pontiff. I will do my best." Cheng Tian made a gesture of gratitude once more before seeing that individual waving and disappearing as if he had never been there.

'Level 99 is terrifying!'

He imagined as he looked at the place Qian Daoliu was standing just a second ago.

"So, your name is Madara?" Yue Guan came closer to Cheng Tian, touching this young man without authorization.

The black-haired young man then jumped back, annoyed. "Yes, that is my name. But please, don't touch me. I have problems with people getting too close to me." He looked away.

Gui Mei ignored Yue Guan's laughter and asked in a severe tone. "Brat Madara, what is your relationship with the Supreme Pontiff? Why do you have this special status?"

"Gui Mei, it seems you didn't pay attention to what the Supreme Elder just said..." Yue Guan laughed as he commented on that.

"That..." Gui Mei then coughed twice and said. "Anyway, if we're going to be a team, we must at least know the basics, right?"

"That's right..." Yue Guan looked at Cheng Tian again.

"Well, my name is Madara, and the Supreme Pontiff rescued me from some strange men. He invited me to the Spirit Hall and offered me the option to be a secret member."

"That's all I can say."

Yue Guan sighed upon hearing such a simple introduction and said. "Well, you'd better go and rest, as the Supreme Pontiff said. Eventually, we'll get to know each other better, so let's leave it until we start this in a week."

"All right." He agreed.

"Then come to this same place in exactly one week from now. We'll have a match to test our skills, and then we'll leave for one of our responsibilities."

After understanding this, Cheng Tian saw Luo Xiu approach him and take him to learn the basics of this temple.

...

11