Chapter 28: New Spirit Hall Member 1
352 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a while, Luo Xiu took Cheng Tian to the place where the Supreme Pontiff usually stood when he was in the Spirit Hall.

Upon arriving in an area with a giant seraphim statue, Cheng Tian curiously observed the surroundings, seeing every detail of the Spirit Hall's headquarters.

'This must be the place where the inheritance of the Angels' God is.' He looked at that area and felt a slight chill run through his body.

Soon after, he saw the figure of a tall, strong, blond man dressed in golden armor standing with his back to him near that statue.

"Supreme Pontiff, I brought the young man rescued before to see you." Luo Xiu said as she lowered her head, looking down at the ground.

"Oh?" He looked in the direction of the black-haired young man, curious to learn more about this child who had so many unusual abilities.

"Kid, do you know what happened?" He asked in a calm tone, not showing in any of his movements that he was someone at the peak of power on the continent.

Cheng Tian watched Qian Daoliu for a moment, noting that such a man seemed to be around 30 to 40 years old, although he was undoubtedly past 100. He then replied. "Yes, Supreme Pontiff. Some strange people attacked me, but luckily you were around to save me."

"Thank you for your help." He made a hand gesture in gratitude to that man. "By the way, my name is Madara."

Qian Daoliu then waved for Luo Xiu to wait for Cheng Tian outside that area and said to him. "Young Madara, I'll get straight to the point. That day I saw you fighting desperately against those beings who were so many levels stronger than you."

"That impressed me."

"I wonder, where did a talent like you come from? Is it from one of the three upper clans? Or some reclusive power from our continent?" He asked as he stood a few steps before Cheng Tian, with two arms behind his back.

Cheng Tian more or less understood where this man wanted to take this conversation and was sincere. "I am not part of any organization. As far as I know, I am an orphan who grew up in the Balak Kingdom."

"An orphan?" Qian Daoliu looked sideways at Cheng Tian before turning his back to him and smiling. "So, how would you feel about joining my Spirit Hall? I'm sure you can do very well in our academy..."

"You're still pretty young, right? How old are you?"

"15..." Cheng Tian replied as he thought about this offer. 'The Spirit Hall is an organization with many ambitions, but it's definitely the strongest on the continent.'

'In this case, even if I don't have the same interests as this organization, I'll still have an easier time being with them. And at least I won't have to bother fighting their expansion in the future...'

"15, that's not bad. Maybe you'll be able to participate in the next continental tournament." The Supreme Pontiff commented in a low voice.

Hearing that, Cheng Tian put his thoughts aside and said. "Supreme Pontiff, I am grateful that you saved my life, but before I accept this offer or not, I need to understand what it means to be a member of the Spirit Hall."

"Is there something that is expected of me by joining this organization? What would be my goal as a member of the Spirit Hall?"

Hearing these questions, Qian Daoliu narrowed his eyes, realizing that, despite being an orphan, Cheng Tian was not at all dumb. "The goal of any member of the Spirit Hall is to ensure the continuation and development of our sacred heritage."

"If you join us, you will understand what I am talking about one day." He looked at the statue in that area. "You will also experience that heritage if you join us..."

After hearing that, Cheng Tian observed that area again, understanding this man's words. 'Does this mean I will participate in the God Trials?' His eyebrows frowned firmly.

'Honestly, I'm not interested...'

Qian Daoliu continued. "Other than what I've already talked about, all that's left of responsibility is what you have in any sect or academy."

"In your case, you would start as a student at our academy, and after the continental tournament, you would graduate. From there, you would eventually be given a position with some responsibilities, with the possibility of growth within the Spirit Hall."

"Maybe you can even become the Supreme Pontiff in the future." He laughed, but that was possible considering Cheng Tian's age and this organization's current heir. 'Perhaps you will become Xunji's heir in the future.'

'Of course, if your skills develop to a good level...'

"Supreme Pontiff? That's a little too much for me, haha..." Cheng Tian said, looking at the ground thoughtfully.

Qian Daoliu turned to him and asked. "Well? What's it going to be?"

"Well, Supreme Pontiff, I must ask for something..." He looked thoughtfully at that blond man, determined to stay on his previous path, even if he was within this organization.

"Previously, I was living as a mercenary, so I don't see myself living as an ordinary student anymore. I don't mind participating in the continental tournament, but I would like the freedom to go out and do missions and fight beyond the Spirit Hall's confines."

"Oh?" That man's eyes opened wide. 'I didn't expect such a thing...'

'Perfect, it's great to see that willingness in someone so young!'

"So, you want to be almost like an outside member? Maybe a secret member?"

Cheng Tian liked the words used by Qian Daoliu and could not help but nod in agreement. "Hmmm. If I can do missions for the Spirit Hall and still have the chance to keep my identity secret, that would be amazing."

"My abilities are a bit special, so as few people as possible should know me..."

Remembering the previous situation, Qian Daoliu could not disagree with Cheng Tian. 'He managed to run for almost three minutes from opponents more than 40 levels above his because of the surprise factor and how unusual his techniques were.'

'If we have a secret member with those abilities, who can reach level 90, it will be a great advantage for the Spirit Hall!'

'On the other hand, depending on how he grows, I'll still be able to send him to the continental tournament in disguise without using those strange techniques.'

Qian Daoliu did not fully understand what Cheng Tian had used to try to escape from the three devilish beings. But as an Extreme Douluo, it had been easy for him to realize that such a young man had not used a martial soul's skills in the previous situation.

In this case, he had the chance to make Cheng Tian fight in the continental tournament, show the dominance of the Spirit Hall, and still hide the most important characteristics of this young man.

That was just perfect!

As for why he wanted to get Cheng Tian to participate in this tournament, well, that was simple. He had the impression that this young man's talent was not small.

The reason for this?

Simple, even though there are powerful techniques in this world, only the most talented can utilize them to their peak or even master more than one of them.

Since Cheng Tian seemed to have some of these high-level techniques, he certainly had a high talent. Thus, preparing him to compete in the Continental Advanced Spirit Master Academy Elite Tournament would not be impossible.

Thus, considering the current generation of Spirit Hall Academy, which was not that impressive, with Cheng Tian, he could try to keep Spirit Hall as the winner of such a competition.

Because it was important to maintain its image as the most outstanding organization on the continent, he could not hesitate to think about using someone like this young man.

He then laughed. "Very well, I can accept that condition and give you the freedom not to have the responsibilities of ordinary students."

Cheng Tian then said. "Also, I'd like not to have to commit to accepting an inheritance or anything like that. I'm not saying I don't want to. I just don't want to accept that without knowing anything about it."

"That is, I want to have the chance to refuse if it goes against my principles."

'This fellow is truly cautious...' Qian Daoliu laughed internally. 'Well, I doubt he has compatibility with the angel's heritage, but even if he does, there's no need to accept it now. He can take the test any time in the future.'

"All right, young Madara. I promise you won't have to accept a heritage that breaks your principles."

Cheng Tian finally sighed in relief and smiled. 'This man is calm. I didn't think I would get through this without hearing a lecture!'

"Then, Supreme Pontiff, I hope to be able to grow in the Spirit Hall and eventually help this great organization remain at the top of the Douluo Continent."

Qian Daoliu nodded before thinking of a small welcome gift for Cheng Tian and what to do with this young man.

...

10