Prologue
6.6k 30 138
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Earth Friday, September 26, 2022, 1:26 p.m.)

It was a normal day at school but a terrible day in general. I was on my way back to class after taking a leak and then as I was entering the room just disappeared!

Almost like it was poorly cut out of the building. I just stood there confused for like 5 minutes until I heard pieces of the roof crumble and fall to the floor. But by then it was already too late. The floor and the roof started to collapse in on me and then everything went black, the last thing I remember is me saying '' This has been the worst birthday ever.'' And then excruciating pain.


(Earth Friday, September 26, 2022, 7:00 a.m.)

The day started off terribly.

First, I was running late for school and missed the bus. Next, it was storming hard, and I had no way of getting to school besides walking now. Then, there was the fact the school is a 25-minute run from here and class starts at 7:30 which means I wouldn't have time to eat breakfast. And the day just started! It couldn't get any worse!

Oh, how I would come to regret that thought.


(7:27 a.m. In class)

''Cris, what happened to you? You look like you decided to take a swim in a pool fully clothed. Oh, and happy birthday ''(?)

"(Glare) Shut it, Sam. I'm not in the mood. And thanks, I guess.''(Cris)

You are probably wondering who that is. That is Sam. I can't remember how we became friends just that we are.

Soon the teacher comes in and takes attendance. The teacher Mr. Woods was surprised for a few seconds because everyone is here today which was very rare.

We then started first-period History one of my worst subjects.

''Alright, to start class I will be collecting homework and passing out the test. I hope you studied."(Mr. Woods)

Ccrraappp I forgot my backpack at the house.

''Mr. Willow where is your homework?''(Mr. Woods)

''(Embarrassed) Um, well I forgot my backpack at home, and it was in there. sorry.''(Cris)

''Haa. I'll let it slide this time. Bring it Monday. If not, you will receive an F no exemptions. Got it?"(Mr. Woods)

''Yes sir.''(Cris)

Well at least Mr. Woods is being lenient today, but I wonder how other teachers are going to react to me not having my homework. 


(12:45 p.m.)

"Ugh, they were not happy about not having my homework.''(Cris)

"Well, Cris nobody wants to be grading work that was given 3 days after it was do and the work for that day too. But hey look at the bright side, they let you off with a single lecture and they said that you would give full credit if you turned in on Monday.''(Sam)

"Hey Sam, I thought you were supposed to be on my side!"(Cris)

"I am. But you should also take responsibility for your mistakes."(Sam)

"(Depressed) Ugh, I get it. I messed up no need to rub it in."(Cris)

(dddddddiiiiiiiiinnnnnnngggggggg)

"And that's the bell we need to head to class."(Sam)

"What's our next class again?"(Cris)

"*Sigh* It's science with Mr. Woods. How did you forget? *Shakes head* I swear today is just not your day is it."(Sam)


 (1:10 p.m.)

"(Raise hand) Um, Mr. Woods can I go to the bathroom?"(Cris)

"Sure, but be back before 1:30, got it?"(Mr. Woods)

"(Nod) Ok"(Cris)

I am so glad Mr. Woods isn't one of those teachers who get upset about asking to go to the bathroom during class. Though the reason is probably the fact that he knows the negative effects of holding it in has on the human body and we tend to pay more attention to his class knowing that we won't have to focus on not using it in our pants.


(1:15 p.m.)

(Annoyed) Damn, why are the bathrooms so far!? I swear, it takes more time to get here than to actually use the thing!


 (Altheria September 26, 579 Imperial calendar, 5:00 p.m., Aspen Imperial capital Ashen, Royal Castle)

"Your Majesty, the summoning was a success."(?)

"Excellent! Bring them into the throne room."(?)

"As you wish, Your Majesty."(?)


(Same time at the summoning area)

"Huh, what's going on? Where is this? What happened? One minute we were in class learning about the elements the next we are here."(Sam)

I look around and I see everyone except one. My long-time best friend Cris. We met when we were 5 and have been friends ever since. Or more like I bugged him and followed him around until he gave up and he started hanging out with me more and more.

Honestly, if he didn't have me as a friend, he would be completely alone. He acts very cold to everyone but, he's actually very nice once you break his cold exterior.

Anyway, back to him missing from the group.

It makes sense he did go to the bathroom and those things take like 5 minutes to get to. They honestly take longer to get to than to actually use. 

"Alright everyone calm down. Panicking will not solve this situation."(Mr. Woods)

Just as I was about to continue my train of thought Mr. Woods spoke up trying to calm the panicking class and assess the situation. Just as he was about to continue a man in a white robe and a weird-looking staff entered the room.

"Welcome chosen saviors. I know you are confused about what is happening but, I'm going to need you to follow to the throne room to get filled in on the details."(?)

Everyone was confused and hesitant at first. But after the first started to follow everyone else followed.

Once we arrived at what we presumed to be the throne room we saw the most average-looking man ever sitting on a throne. I mean he just looks like a normal guy you'd meet anywhere brown eyes with dark brown hair. The only defining feature are his clothes. Those are like the standard fantasy royal clothes.

"Welcome chosen saviors. I'm Andreus Serpas von Aspen the 8th and I'm sure you all are wondering why you are here, and I will tell you. You are he-"

But before he could continue someone cut him off.

"Let me guess we need to kill the demon king and save humanity."(?)

Everyone at that point turned to look at the person who just spoke. And everyone in the class knew exactly who he was.

He was one of the most popular people in the school. His name is Matt Morise and let me tell you. He is a prick. He has the looks, smarts, and he comes from a wealthy family, so he decides to act very pretentiously.

He looks down on most people and bullies a select few for liking anime, manga, and that kind of stuff. Cris is one of them though he just ignores him like he does most people. While Cris is a good 6'0 with Matt being like 6'2. And Cris while he didn't have muscle, he wasn't fat or weak. So, Matt couldn't do much but make fun of him, but he never got much of a reaction from Cris. Which pissed him off. But there wasn't much else he could do.

"Hahaha! I like your spirit kid but no while I would love to kill all those filthy demons, but we would be wiped out by the spirits for that. As wiping out a race without good reason is a severe crime that could get an entire nation destroyed. Though the vice versa is also true.

And anyway, only gods and high gods can fight the demon kings and arch-demons as they are the only ones with the strength to. "(Andreus)

The look of utter shock and disbelief on his face was priceless to the point I wanted to take a photo and show it to Cris.

"Then why are we even here?" (Matt)

"(Slightly annoyed) Well, I was about to say until you started talking.

Well, back to the main topic you were summoned to fight the Stellar Abominations."(Andreus)

Everyone looked confused why would they need to summon them if they have gods and demon kings. The emperor could tell by the look on their faces what they were thinking, and he continued.

"We summoned you because those from other universes or reincarnations get special abilities called unique skills and they are stronger than normal skills. These skills are tailored to your jobs and personality. Granted there are some who get unique skills unrelated to their jobs.

Another thing about people from other universes or reincarnation is that they all receive a thing called a blessing from the gods, spirits, archdemons, or demon kings on arrival or birth. Blessings have all sorts of benefits. Like some that give access to certain abilities earlier or acquire them faster than normal, they also help with magic affinities.

There are things called [jobs] as mentioned earlier, all humanoids have access to them including the ones that are not strictly humanoids and can change forms. However, they start with what is known as a beginner job, but you heroes get what is known as advanced jobs right from the begging.

Some get what are called unique jobs such as [Hero] or [Saint/Saintess] those jobs are only acquirable by summoned saviors or more commonly called heroes. But you must remember that one cannot change their job path once chosen or in case of summoned, force chosen through analysis of habits and personality.

In the case of the jobs [Hero] or [Saint/Saintess]. They are chosen based on what is called a hero factor and saint factor which has no relation to personality, but just something someone is born with.

Once the reason you are summoned is finished with the mission the ones who got [Hero] and [Saint/Saintess] as their job will change to a weaker version. Granted it is still a very strong job. And for those who want to go back, once the mission is done those who want to can go back. And those who wish to stay can stay.

Another very important thing you need to know is every person from another universe and reincarnation can access what is known as the skill shop. Which is something everyone else cannot do. If you want to see your abilities and job, just say or think [status]. I will say it now but, it is impossible to see someone else's statues without them showing you. ''(Andreus)

Talk about an info dump.

(Eye roll) Yeesh, can't you shorten your explanation? It's almost like he likes the sound of his voice. [status]

Little did he know he was absolutely correct, and the emperor could have summarized. He just wanted to listen to himself speak. But that is not something anyone will find out. At least not for a while.


Name: Sam Sanches Sander

Gender: Male 

Age: 15

Race: Human

Level:1/250

skill points: 3

[skill shop]

Job: Assassin level 1

Str:40        Vit:35

Dex:100   Sta:70     

Agi:80      Mag:35     

Wis:30

Unique skill: Unnoticeable

Blessings: Demon king of the silent death's blessing, High Spirit of Darkness's blessing, God of Illusions' blessing

Affinities: Darkness-Partial Mastery, Illusions-Advanced, Poison-beginner

Skills: Assassin arts level 1, Poison understanding level 1, Dark magic level 7, Illusion magic level 4

Titles: Otherworldly summoned savior, Friend of a Mystic Beast, The unnoticed


Why did I get a stealth class? I mean I know I like stealth and all. And I surprisingly don't talk much with people other than Cris but, am I that unnoticeable?

That actually kind of hurts you know.

"Um, Your Majesty I have some questions."(?)

As I was thinking that I was knocked out of my thoughts by someone speaking. And I could almost swear I just saw the emperor smirk when he was asked a question.

"What is it that you wish to know?"(Andreus)

"Um, first what does the words like Advanced or beginner mean after affinities like Water or Wind, and second what does 1/250 mean?"(?)

"Good question first Affinities there are 5 ranks, and they go as follows from highest to lowest: complete mastery that can then evolve to a higher rank element, then partial mastery, advanced, intermediate, and beginner you can go into detail about this with a teacher at a later date.

Then your next question, the answer would be the level cap every creature has the same level cap, to begin with well besides 4 species, and once you satisfy certain conditions after reaching max level you evolve."(Andreus)

"Um, did you say ther-"(?)

"Well, that ends all the questions and answers. I'm sure all of you are tired so why don't you all take a rest.

I'll call someone to lead you to your accommodations and if you want to find out the effects of skills and such just concentrate on the thing you want more information on."

Did he just avoid the conversation about those 4 races?

I wonder what could be so bad about those 4 races that he didn't want any of us to know? And what is this weird title [Friend of a Mystic Beast]?

*Yawn* Well, I'm tired so I'll think about it later.

138