Volume 2-Chapter 23
935 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Aug. 29 580 Imperial Calander 7:43 p.m.)

(Rina Pov)

"...!"(?)

"..."(?)

(Annoyed) Mmm, keep it down; my head's killing me!

I then try to cover my ears with a pillow only to feel someone pulling my arms, sending pain through them and making me wince from the pain.

"(Excited) ..na!!"(Autumn)

Even though my head was still slightly drowsy and muddled, I could make out Autumn calling me.

"(Drowsy) Don't pull so hard... you're going to break me."(Rina)

Through my half-awake state, I ended up taking longer than I intended to speak my thoughts. I then felt Autumn and who I assume is Hex start hugging me.

"Are you alright?"(Hex)

"(Groggy) *Nod* *Yawn* I'm fine if you don't count the exhaustion, pain, hunger, migraine, and weakness I'm feeling."(Rina)

"*Droop* So you're not."(Autumn)

"I'm a little better than when I first woke up."(Rina)

"Eh?! You woke up already!? When!?"(Hex)

I winced in pain as she started yelling in my ears, causing my migraine to flare up.

"First, lower your voice; my head's killing me. And I'm not sure I need to know what time and day it is."(Rina)

"Aug. 29th, 7:52 p.m."(Ella)

Not expecting the answer to come from someone else, I opened my eyes that I was keeping closed, hoping I could go back to sleep after talking, only to regret it as the sudden light shift made my migraine flare up, making me wince again.

(Annoyed) Since when was my pain tolerance this bad that even a migraine can debilitate me?

When my head finally stopped pounding, I looked to find that everyone, including Jewel, were talking, and I just tuned them out.

"It was about threeish hours ago. I woke up feeling like shit, and I ended up waking Snow in the process. Granted, I passed out not long after waking up. Though, Snow was out before me."(Rina)

I then just started taking out berries from a storage ring I had Izz pass me from the nightstand and started munching as they were the most nutritious, water-filled, soft, and delicious food. We chatted for a bit when they seemed to remember something. Hex then brought over a teapot and poured 4 cups of something that smelled very... tantalizing, making all of us grimace.

"(Unpleased) Is... that made from wolf nip?"(Rina)

"(Confused) Yes? It's a painkiller."(Hex)

"(Flat) I'm not drinking that."(Rina)

Everyone besides Izz, Hail, and Snow looked shocked at my immediate dismissal of the drink.

"(Shocked) Why?! It'll help with the pain!"(Ella)

The first to try to convince me was Ella.

"I refuse. I'm not doing wolf nip again."(Rina)

"Again? You've done it before?"(Selen)

I then heard the others snickering, knowing full well why I hated the thing. I then started glaring at them.

"(Pissed) You better n-"(Rina)

"Rina ate some unknowingly when we were younger and got high!"(Hail)

"(Pissed) Hail! Shut it!"(Rina)

I tried to shut her up, but the damage was done, and everyone now looked invested in the story behind it.

"She slipped away from our older sister and ate a plant that turned out to be wolf nip and got high."(Snow)

"*Pssh* Stop! Please!"(Rina)

"When our family was panicked because of her cries for help, they rushed over, finding her running in circles begging for help because, and I quote, 'The mean white squirrel was trying to eat my butt!' The squirrel in question was her tail, and she was just tripping balls. Everyone just stood there laughing at her, which terrified her even more because she thought it was the squirrel screeching.

And the best part is that she'd yelp every time she bit her tail and say it's getting closer. And well, let's just say for the next month, the squirrel population around our home decreased by a lot because of her."(Izz)

*Pppssssshhh*

(Embarrassed) Gah, of the dumb things I've done, this one is the worst! I-It's my dark history of dumb things! I'd much prefer them to talk about that time I said I was the world's greatest assassin after killing my first squirrel than talk about this!

"(Worried) Is... she alright? I don't think steam's supposed to come off your body like that."(Amelia)

"Ah, that's actually normal, believe it or not. When our internal body temperature gets too high, steam literally comes out due to our bodies having a low natural temperature."(Snow)

"(Confused) So your cold-blooded?"(Amelia)

"No."(Snow)

"Bu-"(Amelia)

"Don't ask me. I just know that A. we have a low body temperature and B. we're not cold-blooded."(Snow)

She then turned to Selen, only for her to shake her head and raise her hands to indicate she was just as clueless. Thankfully this whole show managed to distract me from my embarrassment. Hex then tried to make me drink it while I was distracted, but I kept my mouth shut tight as I couldn't run or use much magic.

After a minute of her trying to coarse me into drinking it, she gave up. I then felt someone gently touching the inside of my ears and-

"Ahahahaha! Stop! Stop! It tickles!"(Rina)

They were tickling me so much that I ended up falling back onto the pillow, finding this was Ella's doing.

"*Gasp* Mercy! Ahahaha! Please! Ahahaha! *Gasp* It hurts! Ahahaha!"(Rina)

I then felt someone grab the top and bottom of my jaw and saw Selen. Ella then stopped, and I tried to close my mouth, but Selen still held it open.

"Now!"(Selen)

It was then I realized this was a ploy to get me to drink the wolf nip. All I could do was glare at Ella in indignation for betraying me. It was then that I noticed something I'd never seen on her.

(Confused) Since when did she have wings and a tail!!?

{(Confused) E-}(Rina)

*Gulp Gulp*

Before I could get out my question, Hex poured it into my mouth, and I swallowed it. Selen took her hand out of my mouth while my head started feeling fuzzy and warm like when I got drunk hit me. And the pain I was feeling all over my body started to fade away.

"Hehehe, Ewwa! Since when did jou hayve wingsh and a taiwl! Hehehe, and sixsh heads? Ehehehe, sho many headsh!"(Rina)

"(Confused) Is she... drunk? I thought wolf nip did something else?"(Ella)

When Ella asks this, the door opened, and a weird man walks in.

"It's because it's boiled."(Weird man)

I was then overcome with the sense to kill him, so I threw a dagger at his head.

"Duck!!"(Ella)

And he did.

*Thump*x4

Just as his head was done, 4 daggers appeared on the door right where his head was.

""""(Upset) Muuh, Ewwa's sho mmeeaann!! I wash sho closhe!!""""

"(Mad) Don't just throw daggers at random people, you idiots!"(Ella)

""""(Depressed) *Droop* Shorry.""""

"It's alright. This is what I get for not being in here when you gave them the tea."(Weird man)

"(Confused) What?"(Ella)

"It's the tea that did it. You see, whenever a wolf, dog-beastman, or any beastman for that matter, drinks nip tea, they see those around them as friendly and any who come later as an enemy to kill on the spot. It's an instinct they have.

The effects of the tea are as follows relieves pain, dulls cognizant thought, but it differs by patient, relaxes and makes them more compliant, causes a slight to severe slur depending on the patient, and may cause slight addiction if used too much without poison or drug resistance."(Weird man)

"Wouldn't that allow the patient to be taken advantage of by a doctor?"(Ella)

"*Nod* That is why it is standard practice to have at least 4 people in the room when giving this to patients. It is so that they cannot be taken advantage of. Though do be warned that even though they are more compliant, they still hold some form of rationality, and certain things they wouldn't do before they'd still wouldn't do and might turn aggressive towards you."(Weird man)

"So, you're saying if do something like touch their tails, they'd turn violent?"(Ella)

*Nod*

She then started reaching for my tail.

*Gggrrrr*

I then started growling and baring my fangs as a warning not to get close, but she ignored me and continued. 

*Shick ccrrr*

"Ooww!"(Ella)

When she got too close, I bit her hand with all the force I could muster, breaking skin and making it freeze.

"(Mad) Shtupid Ewwa! Nyo touchsh taiwl! Only my Hexshy and Awutumn can touchsh!"(Rina)

"*Raises hands* Alright, I'm sorry."(Ella)

"(Upset) *Turns away* Hmph."(Rina)

"*Sigh* I just warned you not to do that."(Weird man)

"Well, I was just making sure."(Ella)

"*Sigh* Who am I to question what others do. Well, you six should probably get going and let them get some more rest."(Weird man)

"Eh? (Upset) But they just woke up!"(Ella)

"Their eyes keep drooping, showing that they're forcing themselves awake to spend more time with you 6. So, either leave, or I'll kick you out. Also, don't let any other maids besides those 2 in while they are awake."(Weird man)

"(Confused) Why?"(Ella)

He then pointed at the door.

"Oh, right. Speaking of, why are you here?"(Ella)

"(Confused) It's already 8:20. I came to check up on their condition and give them their medicine, but it seems you 6 beat me to it. And imagine my surprise when I found out they were already awake and fully conscious after losing so much blood. Now it's time to let them rest."(Weird man)

"(Sad) *Droop* Do we have to?"(Selen)

"Yes. They need to rest, eat, and drink to recover. Speaking of which, have they been fed?"(Weird man)

"*Nod* They were fed some soup about an hour ago, and all of them were snacking on some fruit when they woke up."(Ella)

"*Nod* That's good now we really should go and let them rest."(Weird man)

""""""*Sigh* Alright."""""

They all then started hugging us and saying they'd see us in the morning.

""""(Upset) Nyoo! Shtay!""""

They looked over at the weird man, but he shook his head, and they said they couldn't. All of us started glaring at him with a hateful faces for taking them away. Selen then gave Hail her chew toy, which she happily chewed on while her ears started flapping up and down.

""""""Night.""""""

Suddenly I felt very sleepy, and keeping my head up was hard.

"""(Drowsy) *Nod* night."""
"(Drowsy) *Nod* night."(Hail)

*Click*

*Pomf*x4

Once the door closed, I could feel whatever kept me from passing out disappear, making me fall backward, falling asleep before my head even hit the pillow.

Hi guys, blaze here with an announcement. First, I'm sorry for taking so long to post new chapters. I've had irl stuff to do, and second, Mystic Beast's Journey is going to be on a 1-2 month hiatus; I won't be stopping this forever as I enjoy writing, and I appreciate all the support up until now. So to all those who like this, thank you for your support.

20