Chapter 1: Slow thinker.
786 12 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Ah, heck. It feels like I chugged 6 crates of Vodka and downed it with a keg of beer. Ow...'
Well, this isn't how I expected my morning to start, my first hangover with a pinch of full-body numbness. I can't even open my eyes. Wait, that's sleep paralysis, isn't it? Oh great, I not only woke up at an ungodly 4:30 but also feel like shit... Wait.

'How do I know what time it is?'
Well, that's weird. I just Know that it's 4:38, but how? It's just kinda in the back of my head, I even know the seconds! Hold on, there's something else here. Cameras? Why do I have a clock and cameras installed in my hea-

And I suddenly can see. No, not quite "see", more like feel the picture. And, I must say, whoever installed that camera found a Really good spot for it! Some mountains in the distance on the right, the whole place is inside a glade. Too bad I can't zoo- ah, here we go! Although, now that I zoomed in, the camera isn't really that good. It's like a phone or a laptop camera, or like those cheap PC cameras that come with a mic that you get just because it's cheap. Now that I think about it, YUP! Birds, and I think I hear a river somewhere. But yea, I was right about the camera, I would recognize that quality anywhere.

So, now that that's sorted, what else is here? A screen, it's currently off, a bunch of lights, some sort of UMAA modem? God, the speed is abysmal. I am having goosebumps already, and I haven't even turned it on yet! What else... no mouse, guess it's a DOS or something. Maybe it was lost? There are empty USB's. Bla-bla-bla, hard drive and RAM and all that stuff, impressive CPU, and some sort of "Emergency Reconstruction and Repair Module", or ERaRM for short. It has 2 things in it, a printer? And some sort of CAD with a worker count or something.

Oh yea, you are probably wondering if I figured what happened to me out. Well, yes, I did. Then I had a nervous breakdown for like, 5 seconds, and then back to normal. I already figured out where I am "talking" to and just deleted that part. No biggie! Also, I just noticed. My thinking is, kinda slow. Especially that breakdown. I suspect it was a couple of seconds just for me. By suspect, I mean I found the logs, and I was freaking out for ~14 hours. Not bad, huh? The consequences? It's already evening and soon will be night, and the alarming part is despite the fact that I have solar panels I don't seem to have any batte-

28