The last draft + drop(?) announcement.
239 11 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Naec [v0.3.2] at your service! Wait, I used that already. Oh, well. This


Twenty third of July

{All the dialogue is on me!}

"Ready?" -Roland was nervously fidgeting while holding his hand hand over a slightly glowing rune.

"[Affirmation]" -Artyom has already moved all his processes into the bunker by the time he said that.

The router has been down for the past day and Fred is Not happy, but in My opinion, this is more urgent than uranium compounds, so it's staying off. So, as Roland starts the machine- Boom! Yup, the entire thing blew up. I would be worried about him, but this is not the first explosion that occurred in the past half-month. At first I was worried that he was hurt, but after his explanation that explosions were expected when working with runes, and showed me how much his enchanted work clothes could withstand.

Heavily coughing, Roland managed to get out; "What is it, *Cough*, this time?"

The countless manipulators around the room began moving; "[Repeat][Information][Contain]"

"So, gonna need to siphon the extra energy from memory. Can't really limit the input any further without shutting down the entire thing."

Scenes like this keep on repeating almost every day, so we just go on working as normal. Roland calculated that the only way to make that runic computer work is to avoid shutting down the runes at any cost, so they are currently reworking every part, to at least delay the overload. Well, whatever makes them happy. On our side, we finally fixed up the passive turbines in the water table, and even installed one on the geyser. The consequence? More excess power. The entire thermal station is basically offline by now, and is just dumping heat. We begun planing stuff to use it, like a hot refinery, but there is still some time to go before we get there.

And that’s that.

Unfortunately, writing courses did Not help, and I still have no idea what to do with this story, or how to revive it. If we consider my abilities, this concept was doomed from the start. Although I tried to limit growth, there is no possible way to justify Not going for the best tech immediately. And so, here we stand, with no ideas, and no plot.

I am currently seeking out a semi-successful author for some personal advice, but it’s going slow. So, for now I am putting this idea in hiatus.

That’s right! Not dropping it, but a hiatus. 

Although it may be unlikely that I will ever return to it, but I Will try to, just when I know what I’m doing.

For now though? I’m going to search for a quality checker, and try to write something with more restrictions, with them making sure I don’t go too fast. It will be tough, but I have hope.

Thank you for reading this train-wreck of a story so far.

11