Time skips and progression
82 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Kaito woke up the next morning the first thing he was greeted with was the system screen. 

{Congratulations for logging in to the system for the 2nd consecutive day.

You have received

-(1x) [7 day growth speed increase pill](B rank)

-150 LB points}

'Hmm, wait how effective is the growth speed increase?'

{The rank of the item determines it's effectiveness same as everything else, at 'B rank' your growth will increase by 5x the normal speed. This makes a week of exercise the same as 5 weeks, your body will also show changes faster.} 

'That really helps, Kaito decided he would increase his training to his utmost limit during the entire week.' 

With that decision Kaito decided to wait until he comes back home to use it. For now he had a plan to enter the kendo club that was led by Saeko Busujima. This would give him a chance to learn a little swordsman ship before the outbreak, as well as get closer to one of his targets. Kaito knew about Saeko's talent with the sword was impeccable, and Kaito knew she was one to stay loyal, following whatever path her significant other would walk. She followed a very traditional samurai like teaching and would gladly stand behind her man. Kaito also knew the she had a secret sadistic side that enjoyed inflicting pain on her enemies and he had to admit she would be a great ally to have when fighting. All in all she was what he couldn't find in his previous life and he would take full advantage of the opportunity that he was given. 

He made sure to arrive extra early to school before homeroom started to have time to enter the club. When he walked past the gate he made his way to the location of the kendo club. When he opened the door he was greeted by the sight of a beautiful women with long straight purple hair, she had blue eyes and a very curvaceous body. She stood at a height of 174 cm. Currently she was dressed in a simple black and white kendo uniform, that did nothing to hide her well developed breast. She was holding a wooden sword and sweat was dripping from her forehead showing her time spent training. 

When Kaito entered the room she stopped her training before turning towards him. In a kind tone she spoke, "Hmm, Sasaki what can I do for you." Saeko was a little surprised seeing the usual non-sociable Kaito in the kendo club. 

Kaito smiled before replying to Saeko, "I suddenly gained an interest in swordsmanship and was hoping to join the club." He spoke simple words and conveyed his intentions. "Interesting, can I see what you can do." Saeko spoke to him wanting to see what he had to offer, to which Kaito agreed. 

"Here you can use this", Saeko picked up another wooden sword from one side of the room before giving it to Kaito. Kaito took the sword before trying to get familiar with it. Kaito in his previous life surprisingly hadn't learned kendo or any other form of swordsmanship, so he was quite unfamiliar with the sword and tried to find the best position to hold it. 

Saeko waited and observed Kaito, she realized he was telling the truth as his posture while holding the sword had a lot to be desired. "Are you ready?" She asked him to which he nodded. "Begin", when she said that she began lightly running towards Kaito. When she reached him she lightly swung the sword not using much force or skill. Kaito tried deflecting the sword by having it slide off his own. When he attempted this action Saeko easily recovered and quickly moved herself behind him. Kaito who was trying to move like he did with his original body, quickly found that his body wasn't to that standard yet and instead tried dodging left. Saeko's sword still hit the side of his shoulder, to which Kaito turned around while also backing away from Saeko. 'She's fast', while thinking this Kaito remembered an interesting ability he had been given to start his journey. '[Appraisal]' when Kaito thought those words a screen appeared in his vision. 

——————————————————————————

Name: Saeko Busujima

Class: Swordsman (level: 45)

Level: (Not apart of system)

Age: 17

Race: Human

Parameters:

Strength: 21

Defense: 23

Agility: 30

Constitution: 21

Dexterity: 26

Magic: 0

Magic defense: 0

Charm: 92

——————————————————————————

'Wow all her stats are higher than mine, what you'd expect from a trained swordsman'. Kaito calmed his breathing before taking the same stance as Saeko trying his best to learn as much as possible from her. He with his new stance ran towards her swinging his sword horizontally trying to keep pressure on her. Saeko noticed his change and was a little surprised before her face turned into a smile. 'He might have talent', while thinking that she easily dodged backwards before doing the same move as last time, using the time it would take for him to recover she went behind him and swung her sword vertically yet again. This time however Kaito refused to fall for the same thing again and twisted his body and now stood facing left of Saeko. He found that rotating his body took less time than fully moving it to a different spot. With the few milliseconds he was given he swung his sword with his left arm towards the leg of Saeko. Saeko who didn't expect for him to learn so quickly snapped out of it and right before the sword her leg she was able to bring her own sword and clash it against Kaito's before quickly taking a step back. "That's enough, I must admit you have talent." Kaito smiled not upset at the fact he couldn't land a strike against her, he definitely approved and he knew it wouldn't be long before she was struggling to stand her ground. 

"Thanks, so am I in?" Kaito responded to Saeko's praise with a hopeful tone. 

"Of course, it would be great to have a new member, our club meets every other day so actually right now no ones here." Saeko gave him conformation and told him the schedule for their meetings. "Ah so that's why your the only one here, still you must really like the sword if your even using off days to train. Kaito took note of the schedule before giving innocent praise to Saeko. 

"I wonder", Saeko spoke mysteriously her mind going back to the scene of when she had used a sword to kill a man. Unintentionally her smile widened her bad habit showing on her face. 

With the rest of the time before home room started they exchanged questions, some about why they both wanted to take up swordsmanship, other about daily life. They got to know each other before Saeko went to take a shower in the girls locker room while Kaito did the same in the boys. When they were done they made their way to homeroom which they coincidentally had together. 

At the end of school Kaito returned home before talking the system. 'System, can I buy weight lifting equipment and the like.'

{Yes, the price will vary on the equipment and weight, would you like to see options?}

'Yes'

Kaito scrolled through the list and picking the things he wanted to buy. 

{Purchased..

-11 kg pair of dumbbells - 10 LB points 

-22 kg paid of dumbells -20 LB points

- Grip trainer (adjustable resistance) -16 LB points

- Ankle and wrist weights 4.5 kg -20 LB points

Total LB Points: 184} 

When Kaito bought all the stuff he needed for now he took the pill and did his normal routine. When he went to school he would wear his ankle and wrist weights, only taking them off for swordsmanship training. He also would worked on his grip strength when in the middle of lectures with his hand under the table which made his classmates give him weird looks.

He got closer to Saeko using the time when no one was in the club to talk to her and get one on one training. His swordsmanship was improving at a abnormal rate which he also thought was the influence of the increased growth speed spill. Like that time continued to pass with Kaito following his everyday routine. 

——————————————————————————

(1 week later)

The effect of the pill had just worn off however Kaito was not disappointed. Kaito had called out of work the whole week to make sure he could maximize what he would he able to accomplish. His parameters had increased more than twice fold in that short week that was equivalent to 5. ——————————————————————————

Name: Kaito Sasaki 

Class: Swordsman (level: 32)

Level: 1 (0/10)

Age: 17

Race: Human

Parameters:

Strength: 38

Defense: 40

Agility: 48

Constitution: 34

Dexterity: 36

Magic: 0

Magic defense: 0

Charm: 91

——————————————————————————

His base stats were now higher than Saeko's and that combined with his increasing mastery with the sword made him a good matchup with her. Kaito still had a few weeks before the end of the given time for the quest and he was already almost done. 

The speed at which he was improving was slowly taking a decline but it didn't really matter. 

His body had become lean but not huge. His muscles were compact and went well with his overall build. He also noticed his height was increasing and he now stood at 5'9. This overall raised his charm quite a bit. 

There were other changes that went along with his increase in strength, such as his class which was now shown as [Swordsman]. He had got this when he was training with Saeko, his level for the class kept increasing the more he fought. 

He had also learned some more things about the system. The first being that the only way to earn points was through quest/rewards or killing monster's. The next thing he learned was that some of the functions of the system were still locked and he was unable to access them or learn anything about them until he was strong enough. The next thing was that he could actually buy growth increasing pills or even the cure for zombies although they were expensive. 

Kaito also finally got another 2 skills. As well as an upgrade on his current ones.

——————————————————————————

Skills:

[Inventory](E rank)

[Appraisal](D rank)

[Swordplay](D rank)

[Concentration](D rank) 

——————————————————————————

Swordplay was exactly what it sounded like, it gave him an increase in his proficiency with his sword. Concentration was a skill that allowed him to temporarily cut off all distractions and focus on the task in front of him, this improved his reaction speed as-well as his thinking speed. Inventory had upgraded to E rank just by simply using it over and over, it increased his storage space to 12ft by 12ft by 12ft. His appraisal also increased the more he used it, it gave him more details on the person such as a description, but it still had limits. 

The last thing worth mentioning was the rewards he got from his limited 7 consecutive day login.

——————————————————————————

What he received was:

3rd day:

-(1x) 30% off coupon on all purchasable items

-200 LB Points

4th day:

-(5x) Senzu bean

-250 LB Points

5th day:

-(3x) Zombie Virus vaccine.

-300 LB Points

6th day:

-(1x) Resurrection stone 

-500 LB Points

7th day:

-Limitless body + immunity upgrade

-1000 LB Points

——————————————————————————

The rewards got progressively better as the week went on. Eventually on the last day he got the limitless body and immunity upgrade. When he used the upgrades he was forced into a unconscious state. When awoke he had the instinctual knowledge that his body was now limitless. He could grow infinitely strong and the body would accommodate it without changing his appearance. He also got immunity to all forms diseases and viruses. The rest of his items were also extremely good as he even had a way to revive himself if needed, all he needed was to keep the stone attached to his person. 

The day after the effect of the pill wore off Kaito yet again set off to do his normal routine. When he arrived at the clubroom he was yet again greeted by the sight of Saeko working on her swordsmanship this time harder trying not to let Kaito surpass her. Kaito leaned against the wall admiring the beauty of the young samurai. 

"Good morning Kaito, like what you see?" Saeko chuckled taking notice of Kaito's presence. "Very much so, your movements are beautiful and you yourself only add on to that beauty." The two some time in the previous week had started to flirt, both gaining an growing attraction to the other. They even got to the point of calling each other by their first names. Saeko lightly blushed at the compliment before throwing a sword at him for their usual sparring. When they were done they both sat on the floor drinking water and starting a conversation. 

"It still amazes me how fast your swordsmanship is developing, along with other… areas." Saeko spoke her eyes roaming across Kaito's body. "Oh, now who's the one admiring the view." Kaito teased to which Saeko blushed again. "Well I'll admit is nice to look at." Kaito chuckled "Well let's get cleaned up homeroom starts in a bit. With that said the two went about their business. In homeroom Kaito sat in his usual spot doing his normal workout with his grip trainer on half difficulty. 

He has still yet to make contact with any of the main cast, as they were all in the year below him. Still he knew it was only a matter of time before their meeting as a result of the outbreak. Like that the rest of the 23 days passed and it was now the day of the outbreak. 

During that time Kaito had made an investment and bought another [(B rank) 7 day growth speed increase pill] this cost him 700 points and brought him to a total of 1,734 LB Points. With the increase in growth speed he was able to easily complete the quest and also go beyond and get further rewards. 

——————————————————————————

Name: Kaito Sasaki 

Class: Swordsman (level: 58)

Level: 1 (0/10)

Age: 17

Race: Human

Parameters:

Strength: 62

Defense: 65

Agility: 70

Constitution: 63

Dexterity: 61

Magic: 0

Magic defense: 0

Charm: 93

——————————————————————————

His swordsmanship was good enough to completely outmatch Saeko. He also gained new skills from his level ups. His overall parameters had all increased to above 60. He himself was starting to realize the unusualness in how fast he was gaining strength but he could not come up with an explanation nor would the system tell him. 

——————————————————————————

Skills:

[Inventory](D rank)

[Appraisal](C rank)

[Swordplay](C rank)

[Concentration](B rank) 

[Swordsman's instinct](D rank) 

[Pressure](D rank)

——————————————————————————

All his skills upgraded in rank, and he now had a 24ft x 24ft x 24ft storage space. His [Appraisal] now included an affection level checker. His skill with a sword had increased with [Sword play] and his [Concentration] also increased. One of his two new skill's [Swordsman's instinct] allowed him to have a instinctual knowledge of where to cut to do the most damage. His other new skill [Pressure] does exactly what it sounds like, he can now apply illusionary pressure on people making their will shatter easily, but it depends on the willpower of the person. 

{Congratulations you have completed the quest.

Title: Preparations

Description: Reach 50 in all parameters except magic related ones before the start of the outbreak.

Rewards: +50% mastery in one skill of your choosing, +100 LB points. Additional rewards will be given if you reach higher than 50 in all parameters. 

For reaching 113 more in stat points combined than what was required you have received a C rank bonus reward. 

Bonus Reward:

-Title: The one who pushes past expectations.(C rank)

Description: A title given to Sasaki Kaito for doing more than required. It gives a permanent 1.3x boost in growth rate.}

It obvious Kaito was ecstatic about the bonus reward. A permanent boost in growth speed was beyond amazing. 

Kaito went to school in a good mood ignoring the knowledge that today was the day of the outbreak and the world was about to go to hell. As routine Kaito arrived in the room of the kendo club. It was again one of the off days for the club as such he was alone with Saeko. His relationship with Saeko had majorly improved. They both knew they liked each other and it was surprising they hadn't started dating yet. Kaito knew why though, Saeko knew she had to tell Kaito about her true nature, about her background and how she enjoyed what she did. She was afraid he would be disgusted and not want to be around her. It had only been a month but she had already fallen for him, and didn't want to ruin their relationship. Kaito knew all of that and he simply waited until she builds up enough courage to tell him. 

When the two finished sparring and cleaning themselves up and they made their way to homeroom. Kaito simply waited and soon enough it finally happened. 

"ATTENTION ALL STUDENTS AND TEACHERS! ATTENTION ALL STUDENTS AND TEACHERS! 

AT THE PRESENT TIME THERE IS A VIOLENT STRUGGLE OCCURRING ON THE PREMISES"

"STUDENTS STAY WITH YOUR TEACHERS AND FOLLOW THEIR INSTRUCTIONS!"

"GAHHHHHHH!- 

"AHHHH!"

"HELP ME!"

"STOP"

"HELP I'M GOING TO DIE"

The announcer suddenly went quiet and just like that a few seconds passed with the class in silence before all at once they all started screaming and running for the exit. 

——————————————————————————

(A/N: Next chapter is the start of cannon plot, I don't plan to stick with it that much. Also I was thinking of only doing like 3-4 girls from this world in the harem. My list is Saeko, Shizuka, Rika and Saya. I'll be honest I don't care much for Rei and I will probably just send her with Takashi. Well you guys have a say to so put your picks in the comment section. Hope you enjoyed. 3035 words)

2