Saving heroines left and right
148 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With all the students running out of the room screaming after around 30 seconds the only two remaining were Kaito and Saeko. Saeko, being closer to the window looked outside and was greeted by the gruesome sight of humans eating other humans. She, even with being the calm person she is, visibly shuddered at the sight, something Kaito didn't miss. He walked up beside her and also stared outside, he was already aware of what would happen as he saw the anime however, anime and real-life were separate things. The sight was gruesome and made him want to puke. Still, he backed away from the scene and breathed slowly. 

Kaito acting like he did not know anything about the situation pulled out his phone and opened the news app. He kept scrolling through it acting surprised. "This is happening all over Japan, I doubt we're going to get help from anyone. It says that people bit will be infected by the virus and will turn into zombie-like creatures soon after." 

"So it's a zombie outbreak". Saeko whispered her thoughts, immediately her mind wandered to her family, sending out a prayer for their safety. "Let's go to the club room, we're going to need to fight our way out," Kaito said before making his way out of the room, soon being followed by Saeko. Luckily on their way, it seemed no zombies had managed to reach them yet and they quickly arrived at the club room. Just as quickly they grabbed 2 wooden swords, the swords had a hardness enough to do actual damage if needed, Saeko knew this after all she used one to kill someone. 

"Out priority should be to first leave the building, this place is gonna be swarming with 'them' pretty soon, we should also make a stop at the nurse's office and get some supplies to at least administer first aid." Kaito outlined a plan to which Saeko agreed and they quickly made their way to leave the room. 

When they opened the door however the sound caught the attention of four of the infected who had wandered inside. They immediately started running towards the sound looking for someone to turn into one of them. Kaito's heart started thumping, he readied his sword and Saeko also did the same. When the infected got close enough they both swung their sword, hitting flesh and causing a spray of blood to cover parts of the wall and floor. When one pair was down soon came another swing of the sword to deal with the others. Despite the feeling of hitting flesh with the intent to kill, Kaito surprisingly didn't feel all too bad. Maybe it was the fact that what he was trying to kill was already dead, Kaito wasn't sure and he didn't have the luxury of finding out at the moment.

{You have killed a low-class infected and gained 2 XP} 

{You have killed a low-class infected and gained 2 XP} 

The system notified Kaito of his XP gain. 'So these are low-class undead, I remember all undead being the same in the original anime. Has something been changed?' Kaito put these thoughts in the back of his mind as he saw more infected coming their way. This time with little hesitation he ran forward slashing at one of the approaching infected. The sword cleaved Into the undead's head leaving a noticeable dent and effectively killing it. He repeated this with the 2 others approaching and received another 3 notifications indicating an XP gain. 

{Congratulations, you have leveled up to level 2 and you have gained an increase of 1 in your parameters. You have also gained 10 LB points. Progress till next level: (0/15)} 

Kaito smiled at the level up, he dismissed the screen telling the system to turn off notifications unless it was urgent.

Turning around he saw Saeko staring at the infected she had just 'killed' and a small smile could be seen on her lips. Seeing this Kaito also smiled wryly before speaking. "Let's get going the nurse's room is downstairs." When he spoke Saeko perked up her calm face returning, "Yes." The two made their way downstairs 'killing' a few infected on their way down. 

When they arrived at the office they saw that they were not the first to arrive as the door was currently being broken in by 7 infected. Kaito was quick to act running full speed and smashing the first one just as the door was broken in. Saeko followed up behind Kaito. They both took care of 2 more before running to reach the others. Unfortunately one of the undead managed to get to and bite one of the two people inside. Kazu Ishii, the student who was bitten cried out for the other person to escape. 

"SHIZUKA SENSEI GET OUT OF HERE QUICK!" The boy screamed out as his shoulder was bitten into. On the other side of the boy was a blonde woman with hazel eyes. Her body was very curvy and especially pronounced by her large breast, she stood at a height of 176 I'm, which is pretty tall for a Japanese woman. 

"I'm sorry, what was your name again, please?" Shizuka spoke with a finger on her chin. Her face was a mix of fear and aloofness. "What." The boy was shocked, he had done such a noble featuring, and yet his name wasn't even remembered by the one he tried to save. The boy wasn't given time to wallow in regret however as he was quickly taken to the floor by an infected. The two other infected in the room quickly approached the now defenseless Shizuka. 

Just as they were reaching out for her, inches away from her face a wooden sword was swung down hitting one infected before doing the same to the other. The two infected fell blood gushing out of their head, while Saeko quickly took care of the last one that was still on the boy. 

Shizuka stood in amazement at the graceful yet deadly attacks of the two. When they were done Kaito approached the boy that was already past saving. The boy wasn't clueless about what was to happen to him, he had already seen his classmates being bitten and turning. 

"Kazu Ishii, you have done a noble act by saving Shizuka sensei, I hope you can take solace in that," Kaito spoke to the boy who was coughing up blood, his tone was respectful as if admiring the boy's courage. Kaito truly was grateful, grateful that one of his future wives wasn't killed. Still, he gave respect to the boy who risked his life, "Close your eyes, I will make it painless." Kaito spoke to the boy in a calm tone to which the boy followed trusting the man in front of him for some inexplicable reason. A moment later the sword swung and bashed the kid's skull, the blood-splattered from the now-dead student's head. 

Saeko looked at Kaito in admiration, her traditional upbringing having an effect on her in the face of such honorary behavior. Kaito could not deny that this may have been another goal when he did his performance, it not only affected Saeko's samurai-like nature but also showed how Kaito isn't averse to taking a life if needed, bringing up his reliability. Surprisingly, Kaito didn't find it hard to kill someone that wasn't dead already. It's not like he enjoyed it as Saeko did but he could do it if necessary, without much hesitation. Still, he could be wrong and it might just be a result of adrenaline, he would know the answer later. 

"We need to move, Shizukua sensei start filling up a bag with medical supplies anything that we may need." Kaito gave out orders which Shizuka eventually followed. When they were done they left the room and dashed towards another flight of stairs. Shizuka fell on the way however leading Saeko to make the conscious decision to rip her dress. 

"HEY, THIS IS CHRISTIAN DIOR!" Shizuka yelled at the sudden action which resulted in a few more undead coming towards the noise. "Great", Kaito looked at Shizuka flatly, to which she put her hand to her mouth, "Uh oh". Kaito with his fake anger rushed forward slashing down his opponents with a sword skill that looked like it had been refined for years. Kaito could feel his skills improving the more he used them in actual life-or-death combat. Finally, he managed to clear out a path to the bottom of the stairs. Saeko walked with Shizuka who was still complaining about her dress, before arriving at his side.

Suddenly, behind them, they heard footsteps getting closer and closer. It was clear the people were running, Saeko and Kaito with their stances firm we're waiting for whoever was to come around the corner. When they finally did see, they sucked their teeth and prepared themselves for the biggest battle they had faced yet. In the lead of the group were two high schoolers. 

One was a pink-haired girl who kept her hair in two ponytails. She has orange eyes and her eyebrows could be seen furrowed most of the time. She has big breasts around the F cup and a nice figure that suited her 155 cm body. The boy was a black-haired black-eyed youth with a chubby figure. He wore black rectangular-shaped glasses and stood at a height of 158 cm. They were both running full speed to the end of the hall with a bunch of undead chasing them. 

Kaito looked to his left and saw an empty classroom. "Shizuka go inside the classroom and wait until we say it's safe." Shizuka raised no complaints and went inside. Kaito focused his attention back on the two who were bringing a horde to them. The girl was screaming something but it couldn't be heard over the groans of the undead. Kaito took notice of the lack of a nail gun in the black-haired kid's hands, Is this another change to the world? Kaito put out all the insignificant thoughts in his head as he saw that the horde had reached pretty close to them. "RUN AWA-", the voice was finally able to be heard, however, the girl who was screaming them quickly found herself tripping and falling. 

---------------------------------------------------

(Saya POV)

When the outbreak started in the school I had the misfortune of being left to survive with this fat otaku. I being the genius I am was well aware of the situation and how the infected reacted to sound just by a single observation. All I need is to find a way out of this damn school and go home. 

Home.. right back to those ASSHOLES who only care about the stupid Takagi name more than their own daughter. I was brought back to my senses by banging on the door. It seemed the undead already reached where we were. Shit, think Saya think what can I do. My eyes landed on what the otaku was trying to do, he seemed to be trying to assemble something, it's too late for that we need to find a way out now. The door finally couldn't take it anymore and broke apart. Letting the horde of undead invade the room. I backed up further into the room and ended up hitting the teacher's desk. 

Luckily, nothing was knocked over. Right, I can use noise, I looked for the closest metallic object and threw it to the other side of the room. It turned out to be a mechanical pencil sharpener and when it landed it created a fairly loud noise. The undead quickly ran to the source of the sound leaving a gap between an infected and the door. Making use of the distraction I ran out of the door grazing past the undead who didn't even feel it. 

Hmph, who said that being short only had disadvantages, as expected of a genius like me. While I was caught up in the second of self-praise from behind I heard a grunt of pain followed by the sound of something dropping. Looking back I saw the fat otaku on the ground the thing he was assembling landing on the ground and creating noise. You've got to be kidding me. It seems the otaku tried doing the same thing as me and ended up bumping into the infected. This led to him falling and dropping whatever he was trying to make. Just as quickly as he fell the boy got back up a featuring I would not expect from someone of his size. He then started to run to which I had little choice but to do the same. While running and internally cursing the idiot beside me we made a turn on a corner before continuing our sprint. In front of us seemed to be two people who I recognized as Kaito Sasaki, Saeko Busujima, and Shizuka sensei. They were both holding swords and upon seeing us Kaito quickly ushered Shizuka sensei into a room. Then they just waited for us to approach. 'What the hell are these two doing. "RUN AWAY", I found myself saying those words not wanting to be the cause of these two idiots' deaths. Still, they remained not moving and simply waiting. 'What can they not hear me'. 

Finally, we got close enough, "RUN AWA-" As I tried to give another warning I found myself tripping and falling. What the hell, after all that running now is the time I fall. I found myself moving very slowly towards the ground. Is this what they call your 'life flashing before your eyes. How the hell did this happen why now. Before I was even given a chance to be not just another Takagi, but just Saya. I don't wanna die, such thought went through my head, such a feeble and helpless statement went through my brain. As smart as I was I found my thoughts regressing to something much simpler, a thought that serves no intellectual purpose besides hoping for some force to intervene and magically save me from my demise. As weak a thought it may be I could think of nothing different, 'someone please save me'.

*Crack* 

*Splat*

Unlike the disgusting and painful feeling of my flesh being gouged out, I felt no pain and only felt a drop of blood land on my hand. 'What?' When I looked up I saw one of the people who I was screaming out to, to run. He was one of the most handsome men I've ever seen, with dark brown hair and maroon eyes. He was currently in the process of mowing down some of the infected. 

Looking at his gallant figure standing in front of me and protecting me my heart couldn't help but skip a beat. 'Ah is this... love? Just as quickly as that thought entered my head it left as I found myself shooting through the air going towards the side where Saeko and that idiotic otaku were. 'Did that guy just fucking throw me?' Suddenly I felt my feelings were betrayed as my ass hit the floor hard. 

---------------------------------------------------

(A/N: Usually I wouldn't end like this but it seemed like a good place to end the chapter. Hope you guys enjoyed it, also I started using Grammarly, and besides it constantly trying to change the name of the mc from Kaito to Kai to it's working pretty well. Tell me your thoughts.

4