The classic type
242 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

- Prince Xavier, you're different from your older brothers.

- My lady already knew my family? You don't think we're moving too fast.

Xavier put a grave smile on his lips.

- So, my lady, what makes me distinct.

-You are the weakest of all.

Xavier's smile was unique now.

- Still, you're afraid of me. Am I right?

Ingrid didn't answer. Her silence was the answer.

-My lady. Power comes from many places.
I can not kill without a fighting art. However, death is not scary at all.
What comes after, it is undeniably scary.

- You do not have the power to protect even yourself.

-My lady, is worried about me?
Xavier's eyes looked at the opposite pair in front of him.

- If you die, the war will surely start.

-My lady, we are already at war.
Just, the soldiers are buried before someone can see their bodies.
And what you do not see, can not scare you.
There is no peace. Life itself is a war. And we always lose it.

Ingrid started to smile.

- Always with the words to you, Xaver.

-What can I say? I speak a lot when I have a good company. Still, I can't take the precious time of the princess.

As he spoke all these words, Xavier was already standing up.

-That's my time. I do what I want with him, but I'm sure this prince has a lot to do today.

[Sure likes to have the last word]

Xavier didn't answer, just smiled.

Xavier thinks once he gets out of the room he'll get away by the young lady. Though it did not go as planned.

-We're going in the same direction. I'll keep you company until we get out of the garden.

- How can I refuse the goodness of a princess?

As they walked, they talk about the garden. For the most part, Xavier asked questions about plants. And where to buy them.
 Servants who didn't know the internal tensions between the two countries could even say that the two were approaching for another purpose.

All ordinary people knew only that the two countries are in good relationships now. Of course, the smarter ones knew what was not exactly like that. But it's better than war.

As the two of them were walking, a group of people was near a fountain. They wear good quality clothes. Some were beautiful. Other were fat. A group of people with money acknowledged Xavier.
Some clothes were even better than what Xavier used.

Of the crowd, a voice that was attached to a tall body, that was also dressed in high-quality clothes surprised Xavier.
Probably with his clothes he could buy food for a whole village.

[Who thinks about this when you look so good in those clothes?]

-Ingrid! Ingrid! It's been so long since seeing you last time.

Xavier lifted an eyebrow.
As the facts were presented, anyone can say that they seem very intimate.
Honestly, Xavier was surprised that someone could call her so intimate.

Ingrid does not show any expression on her face. Of course for everyone outside of Xavier.
He can see the expressions. He can't understand all expressions like other people. But disgust is most visible.

Ingrid can't see Xavier's expressions just because he has experience in his previous life. He had a life before, where he acquired this skill.
When they are one in front of the other are two ordinary people. Of course, Ingrid can kill him at any time.

- Duke Augustus forgot the royal conduct? When did you get permission to call me so intimate?

Augustus knew Ingrid would be bothered, but didn't assume to be so angry.
Augustus's face turns white. Still, he continued in the same note.

-The princess, we know each other since we were kids. The princess can not blame these duke.

Xavier looked from the left of the princess without saying anything. He enjoyed the show.
Xavier didn't see this 'duke' at the banquet. So it's not an influential person in state leadership. The fact that he is a duke probably is an inherited title. The inherited title has no value since it is not a title granted by the king.

If he is called duke even by the princess means that his father is an important figure. Xavier already knew that Augustus was just a spoiled child. Although he is the same age as him, Xavier considers Augustus a child. A child who uses the name and title of his father. After the death of his father, no one will call him a duke.

Now he understood why the princess didn't want to see him. Is a person who uses others and doesn't even do it in a smart approach.
The classic type of good for nothing!

Xavier is glad he did not make a deal with a person like him.

At the least, the old Xavier kept a low profile. And after the war, he managed to show his intelligence. If he was a little more careful, he could even do great things.
Xavier was more determined to find out who wanted the old and the current Xavier dead.

[I will torment him for you. He will want to get where you are.]

Xavier's thoughts were interrupted by the princess's sweet voice.

5