Chapter 12 : A problem Arises.
810 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You're late again," Brian stated as he saw me coming towards him.

"Well, I've got no excuses this time. I've been feeling very lethargic these days, and this morning I just couldn't get out of bed." I chuckled.

"That's why I'm telling you to join my cricket club. I'll make you active in no time," Brain said while stretching his hands.

"No thanks. I barely manage to stay alive during school hours, and you're telling me to join the cricket club, which continues after school. And if that's not enough, they'll work you like crazy. Hell no," I said, walking ahead as Brian caught up to me.

"Hey, it's not that tough. Once you feel the fun in it, it will feel less tough and more fun," Brain said.

"Yeah, not my piece of cake though," I said.

"So, are you going to the party?" Brain asked.

"Well, I'm thinking about going. After she insisted that much, it would sound rude if I didn't," I said.

"Uh huh, Cale being considerate of another person's feelings. That's new to me," Brian said teasingly, which I shrugged off with a sigh.

"Enough of that. I'm confused about what to wear for the party. I don't even own a tuxedo. Do you have one?"

"Of course. Come to my part-time place at 6:30 and I'll give it to you," Brian said.

"The cafe Marriott?" I asked.

"Yes," Brian replied.

"I'll think about it, but thanks for the help," I said.

"Most importantly, when the hell are you going to join a club? Let me remind you that the dates to choose clubs are closing in. If you don't choose one in the meantime, they'll put you in a club randomly. Better hurry before you regret it," Brian said.

"Well, I'm keeping that in mind. That's why Catherine and I will be checking out some clubs together today after the 4th period. If I happen to find anything that suits me, I'll definitely join today," I said.

"Uh, right. Catherine hasn't joined any clubs either," Brian said while ruffling his hair with his hand. I stayed quiet for a bit before proposing,

"Would you like to join us in finding a club? I could really use your help, you know?"

"Nah, I'll be busy practicing with club members today. Unfortunately, I can't help you out. But be sure to join one today," Brian said.

Brian and I were walking to school when he noticed that I was late again. "You're late again," he stated.

"I know, I know. I've been feeling really tired lately and I just couldn't get out of bed this morning," I explained, trying to laugh it off.

"That's why you should join my cricket club," Brian suggested, stretching out his arms. "It'll get you active in no time."

"No thanks," I replied, shaking my head. "I can barely make it through the school day. If I joined the cricket club, which goes on after school, I'd be dead. No way."

"Come on, it's not that tough," Brian insisted. "Once you start having fun, it won't feel so tough."

"It's just not for me," I said, walking ahead as Brian caught up to me.

"So, are you going to the party?" Brian asked, changing the subject.

"I'm thinking about it," I admitted. "She really wants me to go, and it would be rude to turn her down after she insisted so much."

"Uh huh, Cale being considerate of someone else's feelings. That's new," Brian teased, and I just sighed in response.

"Anyway, I don't know what to wear to the party. I don't even own a tuxedo. Do you have one I could borrow?"

"Of course," Brian replied. "Come to my part-time job at the Marriott cafe at 6:30 and I'll give it to you."

"Thanks, I'll think about it," I said.

"And more importantly, when are you going to join a club? The deadline for choosing clubs is coming up soon. If you don't choose one, they'll just put you in one randomly. Better hurry before you regret it," Brian reminded me.

"I know, I know. That's why Catherine and I are going to check out some clubs after the fourth period today. If I find one that interests me, I'll join," I told him.

"Oh, right. Catherine hasn't joined any clubs either," Brian pointed out, running his hand through his hair.

I was quiet for a moment before suggesting, "Do you want to come with us and help us find a club? I could really use your help."

"Sorry, I can't. I have practice with the club members today," Brian replied regretfully. "But make sure to join a club today."

...

As I entered the classroom, I saw Aoi standing in front of my desk with a stack of papers in her hand.

I walked up to her and tapped her shoulder from behind. "Is there something you wanted to talk about?" I asked.

She let out a small scream and turned around. "Don't startle me like that, Cale," she said, her face red. "I nearly had a heart attack."

"Sorry," I apologized. "So, what's with the papers? Do you want me to pass them out?"

"These are question sheets for the upcoming class test," Aoi explained, looking away from me and taking a step back. "Miss asked me to distribute them to the students, so I thought I'd give them to you first."

"Thanks," I said, taking the papers from her. "I'm happy to be your first."

As I spoke, Aoi's face turned bright red. "What's wrong, Aoi? Are you feeling okay? Your face is really red," I asked, teasing her.

"J-just take the papers," she stammered, shoving the sheets into my hand before quickly returning to her seat.

I watched her go, feeling relieved that she was at least talking to me, even if her behavior was strange. I made a mental note to try and figure out what was going on with her later.

Just then, Alex came running up to me and lifted me up, holding me by the waist. "Calee, broooo!" he shouted. "I got a love letter, broo! I'm so happy!"

"Hey, Alex. Put me down," I said, trying to wriggle out of his grasp. "People are watching."

I saw Catherine and Janet entering the classroom, and our eyes met. Catherine smiled at me, but Janet just glared, looking annoyed.

After Alex set me down, Catherine and Janet came over to our group. "Ugh, you guys are gross," Janet said, rolling her eyes. "Making a scene in the classroom."

"What? You can't appreciate a little bit of romance?" Alex teased. "But I guess that's not surprising, given your personality."

Janet glared at him with big eyes, and Alex quickly retreated to stand next to me. "Bro, save me," he said.

"Oh, come on, Janet," Catherine said, trying to diffuse the situation. "You don't have to scare him like that."

"Yeah, whatever," Janet replied, shrugging her shoulders.

Catherine turned to me and said, "So, we're still on for checking out some clubs after the fourth period, right? I found a few that I think you'll like."

"Yeah, definitely," I said. "The drama club sounds interesting. Maybe I'll give you a tour."

"You guys haven't joined a club yet?" Alex interrupted.

"To be honest, nothing has really caught my attention yet," Catherine said.

Alex looked to me for an answer.

"Same here," I said. "If it wasn't mandatory to join a club, I probably wouldn't."

"Hey, I had a question," Janet said.

"Sure, what's up?" I asked.

Janet turned to me and asked, "Have you decided on what to wear tonight?"

"I asked Brian if I could borrow his tuxedo, but I'm still not sure if I want to wear it. So, I'm a little confused," I replied.

Catherine chuckled and said, "Perfect. Janet and I were planning to go shopping after school, and you're still trying to figure out what to wear? You should come with us and let us help you out."

"I don't want to impose on you guys too much. I'll probably just end up wearing Brian's tuxedo," I said.

Just then, Alex interjected, "Hey, guys, did you realize I'm here right now?"

"Oh, shut up, Alex. No one cares," Janet snapped at him.

"What did you say to me?" Alex retorted.

It was amusing to watch Alex and Janet bicker. I glanced over at Catherine and saw that she was also stifling a laugh at the exchange.

"Don't pay any attention to Janet. She's just like that - sweet one minute, sour the next," Catherine said to me, trying to diffuse the situation.

"I already have a pretty good idea of her personality," I replied.

"So, are you coming shopping with us then?" Catherine asked.

I considered it for a moment. If they were willing to take me with them, it would be a good opportunity to get some help with my clothing choices.

"Sure, count me in," I said.

I paused the conversation with Janet for a moment and told her that I would be coming shopping with them. She smiled before returning to her usual grumpy demeanor.

"Alright, bye guys. I have classes to attend," Alex and Janet said before heading off to their classes.

After classes ended, Catherine and I left together and headed downstairs to meet up with the rest of the group. When we arrived, we saw that Brian and Catherine's other friends were already seated and chatting among themselves.

I took a seat next to Alex, who tapped my shoulder and handed me a letter.

"What's this?" I asked.

"Ah, it's the love letter I received this morning. Take a look," he replied with a smirk.

"Are you sure you want me to read this private letter that a girl wrote for you?" I asked.

"Don't think too hard about it, Cale. He's already shown the whole school," Brian interjected.

"Yeah, what he said," Alex urged, so I opened the letter and read its contents.

[Dear Alex,

I've been having some unknown feelings towards you recently. I don't know why, but every time I see you, my heart starts to race faster. At first, I was confused, but now it's all crystal clear - I'm in love with you. So please, if you can, come to the backyard of the school on January 14th. I'll be waiting for you.

Someone who loves you...]

After reading the letter, I looked over at Brian, who nodded his head and placed his hands on his lips, signaling for me to keep quiet.

"So, what do you think about it? Isn't she a sweetheart?" Alex asked.

I forced a smile and replied, "Yes, from the letter it seems like she really likes you."

"I know, right?" Alex said, taking the letter from my hand and placing it in his bag. He then started to sip his coffee with a happy look on his face.

"Excuse me for a bit. And, Brian, please come with me. I have something to talk about," I said before getting up and leading Brian away from the group.


 

 

yaaay, 2 patrons.

 

As promised , I'll start  releasing 2 advance chapter's there.

 

A  big thanks.

 

11