His Alpha Date – OfficialGENESIS
496 20 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

His Alpha Date

by OfficialGENESIS

Content enticements/warnings:

Spoiler

College Setting, Drama, Omegaverse, Alpha/Alpha

[collapse]

🌑

If you could have one wish, what would it be?

A million dollars? To live forever?

For Tom Pritchard, it was one person: Brian McAdams.

 

Tom Pritchard took a deep breath, letting it out slowly. You can do this. He pumped himself up as he held his food tray, his eyes focused on his target. He was about to make a move, a bold one. After all, what did he have to lose?

His entire world had turned upside down the instant he’d gotten into the prestigious college for Alphas, Grayson College. Not only had his family graduated from the college for five generations, but his dad had been a professor there for thirty years. Since childhood, his father had emphasized that it was important to ‘carry on the family name’ by attending that school.

If only they knew he’d be anywhere else but here.

Grayson College was intended for dominant Alphas, those that society considered strong and with the highest potential to be great leaders of the community. Not a place for a recessive like him, the weaker form of the gender. The behavior of his fellow Alphas was proof enough. Not only did they strip him of his dignity, but they went out of their way to make his life miserable.

From the first day they detected his recessive pheromones, the harassment began; from being shunned to bullied, and the teasing was relentless. It also didn’t help that he sucked at everything, struggling to compete in every area, academic and extracurricular activities alike. His rank was usually in the bottom three, from grades to team sports.

As often as he had considered dropping out, he knew he had to stick out the four-year program to make his family proud and take advantage of his school-specific scholarship. Tom was just grateful his father was no longer teaching to witness his daily humiliation.

However, he had noticed one person who had not joined in on the torture.

Brian McAdams.

The object of his attentive stares and the guy he was prepping himself to talk to.

Tom shifted from one foot to the other as he went over what he intended to do in his head; walk over to Brian’s table with his tray, say hello, and try to make some conversation over lunch. Simple right?

Except it never is.

Brian was a fellow senior, and what one would describe as the Alpha of Alphas, the man everyone wanted. Of course, he was top of his class and the team captain of every sport he played, from football to swimming. And he looked good doing it all. His tall, built body moved as easily through water as through air. His chiseled, angular features sported a smile at every time of day and a hearty chuckle ready at all times. And he never had a piece of raven-black hair out of place.

The definition of perfect.

To be honest, Tom was a little jealous of Brian. He wished he could have even a fraction of Brian’s handsome features and confidence. He wasn’t as tall or as strong. Instead, he was skinny and felt awkward, stumbling through life. His light-brown hair and brown eyes were as ordinary as he was.

But Tom had a crush on him too—not to mention how captivating he found Brian’s scent. Every time he was lucky enough to catch a whiff of Brian’s natural, rosewood-smelling musk, he got a reaction deep in his stomach. Butterflies, as they called it. Tom often wondered how Brian would smell in his rut, probably just like how pure, primal lovemaking would smell—; salty, sweet, and burning rosewood. These are the aromas he imagined aligned with all-consuming passion, like burning embers radiating a very nice heat that would warm anyone to their core.

The two of them hadn’t so much as said a handful of words to one another over the course of their college years, but that was about to change today. Tom wanted to be close with Brian, which meant he had to put in the effort despite how out of his comfort zone it seemed.

But his legs wouldn’t move.

He figured. Three years of constant bullying from his peers had shattered his confidence, and he was beginning to look ridiculous standing with his tray in the middle of the cafeteria.

Ah, forget it. Tom resigned, settling himself at the nearest table. He took out a paperback novel from his bag to read. He needed a distraction to keep his mind off his failed attempt. At least he didn’t embarrass himself. What if Brian had rejected him? He would never be able to recover from that.

He unwrapped his cheeseburger and took a quick bite, moaning quietly as the juices from the ground beef hit his taste buds. If there was one thing he liked about his school, it was the cheeseburgers served at the campus cafeteria, a little comfort to his rather dour college life.

As he read his paperback novel while munching on his lunch, he caught a familiar scent. He looked up to see Brian, and for a moment, he thought he had fallen into one of his daydreams. What could he possibly want from me? Tom wondered.

“Hello.”

“Hi,”

“May I sit?” Brian asked in his deep voice.

“Um,” Tom’s voice quivered, setting down his book next to his tray of food, “sure.”

Tom stuffed a french fry in his mouth, hoping Brian didn’t notice his trembling fingers. He cast a nervous glance up, and his eyes clashed with Brian’s.

“Hope you don’t mind me sharing your table?” as Brian spoke, he looked around the cafeteria to notice that a few people were gazing in their direction.

Tom saw it too. He already guessed what they were thinking. What the hell was the recessive doing with Brian?

“Not at all,” Tom stated, “though I must admit I’m quite surprised.”

This was the most he and Brian had ever spoken. He couldn’t help but wonder if something was up, especially since Brian moved from his seat to come to his table.

“Ah.” Brian’s lips curled into a broad smile. “I know. This is… slightly awkward, right?”

Tom nodded, taking another bite of his burger but finding it difficult to swallow because a pair of stormy, gray eyes were staring right into his light brown ones.

“Bad awkward, or good awkward?” Brian prodded, cocking his head to the side, his wide smile showing a fine set of pearly white teeth.

Tom returned his smile, some of the tension leaving his body. If this was a dream, then he didn’t want to wake up.

“Maybe good awkward?”

“I think so, too.” Brian nodded in agreement, “at least we are talking.”

Tom’s brows furrowed, his eyes narrowing as he mulled over Brian’s last statement. Was Brian here to talk to him?

“I’ve been wanting to talk to you, though,” Brian answered his thoughts.

“Oh.”

Tom’s mixed feelings of awe and concern kept him from saying more. On one hand, it excited him that his crush was talking to him, but on the other, it seemed unreal, almost suspicious. But then Tom wondered if this was how Brian would have felt had he been brave enough to walk up to him.

“I guess you didn’t expect to hear that, but yes, I have wanted to for quite a while now.” Brian continued.

One question made its way to the top of the list of questions that threatened to burst forth from Tom’s mouth.

“Why?”

Although he and Brian have never actually talked much, he’s noticed Brian was shy for some reason whenever they had an interaction. He thought about Brian’s general avoidance of him, even when they’d crossed paths alone in the library or halls. Perhaps he had been so caught up in his awkwardness around Brian that he had failed to pick up any hints of the Alpha’s interest in him.

“I know the other Alphas give you a hard time, and I’ve been meaning to ask if you were okay, but my nervousness always gets the best of me,” Brian responded.

This comment made Tom pause and look down at his half-eaten cheeseburger. Then he considered all the times Brian had stood on the sidelines while the other guys shoved him around.

“I’m sorry, but it's hard to believe.” Tom said, “ You only stood by and watched as your friends made my life miserable.” He pointed out, trying to keep his voice even. Not only was he sick of the constant bullying, but it pissed him off that no one did or said anything about it.

Granted, he could have filed a complaint, but that would inform his family of his predicament, which was something Tom wanted to avoid. The least his family knew about the situation, the better. When he hit puberty as a late bloomer and discovered he was a recessive Alpha, his family didn’t take the news well. They acted devastated, as if Tom had admitted to murder and worried over whether he’d get into Grayson, “The family tradition.”

They even went to the extreme by signing him up for gene therapy, hoping to enhance his Alpha traits to make him more of a dominant—not to mention the copious amount of enhancement teas and medications he had to consume. That seemed to have failed, though.

He hadn’t expected to receive that fateful acceptance letter, but, eventually, he pieced it together. The only real reason the acceptance committee admitted him was because his retired father had called in a favor. As far as his family was concerned, ALLwas well at Grayson, and Tom wanted it to remain that way.

“I understand. This makes me just as guilty as them.” Brian admitted, shifting in his seat. “I’ll do better next time.”

Tom’s first reaction was to feel skeptical, but as he stared into those gray, brooding eyes, he could read the authenticity of Brian’s words.

“Actions speak louder than words,” Tom heard himself say. He couldn’t believe how boldly he had just spoken.

“You’re absolutely right,” Brian agreed.

Tom thought he saw a hint of surprised respect in his eyes.

“You know, why don’t we start on a clean slate? Let’s get to know each other.” Brian stated, “How about a date? Are you free tonight?”

Tom found himself speechless. That was unexpected. His eyes shot down to study the cover of the book he had been reading, trying not to seem affected by Brian’s sudden invitation. As hesitant as he was, worrying that this might be too good to be true, the prospect of sharing an evening with the most incredible man on campus was too good to pass up. A quick nod was all his bashful self could manage.

“How about dinner and a movie?” Brian asked. “Or is that too cliché?”

“That actually sounds perfect.” Tom looked up at Brian. He felt his cheeks warm with embarrassment. “I’ve never been on a date before.”

“You’ve never been on a date before?”

His words took Brian by surprise, yet he managed to sound nonjudgmental.

Tom looked back down at his burger as he shook his head.

“Then we need to do this the proper way.” Brian sounded excited. “Where should I meet you to walk to dinner? Oh, and we could even take a walk in the park after the movie.”

“You could just do the movie,” Tom suggested.

Brian leaned forward, his face inching closer to Tom’s.

“I want to share a full date with you,” he said, his eyes piercing into Tom’s. “How about meeting under the big oak tree outside the library? Is 5:00 okay with you?”

Tom nodded. His face kept growing hotter as he imagined the possibilities of the evening.

“Excellent. I’ll see you soon.” Brian stood up to leave.

At first, Tom was relieved that the rosewood scent was fading as Brian walked away, allowing him to feel hot and bothered without a spectator. But then he felt disappointed because he wanted him to come back and never leave. He could not be more elated and antsy for this coming evening.

Tom sat, waiting, his back resting against the large oak trunk. The cool breeze felt wonderful on his sweaty body. Though he had his nose in a paperback novel, he couldn’t concentrate on the words. His fingers sweat on the pages as he was still stunned by the surprise date invitation. Sure, Brian had claimed he wanted to start over with good intentions, but he had to prove himself.

And yet Tom allowed himself to hope, at least a little. This was his first date, after all. He had changed his outfit five times, finally deciding on a short-sleeved, salmon-pink, button-down shirt and jeans.

When a shadow appeared on the pages of his book, Tom looked up to see Brian offering his hand. His similar outfit of a navy-blue shirt also struck a good balance between formal and casual, all while he looked clean cut and debonair. He had even shaved for the occasion and gelled his hair into a stylish, bedhead look.

“Ready to go?”

Tom took Brian’s firm hand, which seemed to exert no effort in lifting him from the ground. And yet, Brian pulled with enough strength to hoist his smaller body a little too hard.

Tom stumbled forward, landing against Brian’s chest. The shorter man steadied his hands against toned pectoral muscles as the collision knocked the wind out of him.

“Sorry.” Brian’s voice was tender as he steadied him with both hands on Tom’s lower back.

The smell of igniting rosewood engulfed Tom, making his stomach flutter. He had never been this close to any man before. He admired Brian’s plush lips, longing to know what they would feel like against his own. Would they feel like how the romance novels he has been reading described lips? Soft, warm, and dripping honey.

“Let’s head to the restaurant.” Brian stepped back, breaking the spell as he ensured Tom was steady before letting go. “The reservation is for 5:30.”

“You—you made a reservation?”

“Of course! It’s Friday night.”

They started walking from the campus to the city.

“Where are we going?” asked Tom as they walked along the sidewalk.

“It’s a surprise.”

“What movie are we seeing?”

“Surprise.”

“You really subscribe to the Alpha attitude, huh?”

Brian shrugged and put his hands in his pockets. “I like to take the reins. Is that a problem?” He asked, sounding worried.

“I like it.” Tom offered a smile.

“Yes!” Brian took his hands out of his pockets to exaggerate his fist-pump gesture of victory. “This date is already going well.”

“I’d say so too,” Tom replied, then a thought struck him. “Been on many dates?”

“Not ones that went well. People expect so much of ‘the top’ Alpha. Lots of pressure. It tends to get to me, then I end up failing to meet their expectations,” Brian said with a shrug.

“I never thought of it that way. On the outside, you’ve got it all together.”

“I do my best. My father puts a ton of pressure on me to find a mate. Says it should be easy for a McAdams to claim who he wants. But I haven’t wanted to claim anyone before. Not to mention, I’d want to ensure my significant other wants to mate up, you know?”

“I get that.” Tom considered blabbing that he’d be Brian’s mate in a heartbeat, but thought better of it. This process had etiquette, and he was too shy even to form the words.

“My family of dominant Alphas expects a ton from me as well—the recessive child who can’t run with the big boys.” Tom rolled his eyes.

“Who would’ve thought we both have such daddy issues?”

This comment got a nervous giggle from Tom, cheeks heating to record temperatures by the second.

“I find it hard to believe you never dated in high school.” Brian said, bringing up the topic again.

“You sound surprised.”

“I am! You’re such a handsome guy.”

Tom’s entire face lit on fire, cheeks reddening to hear such a looker compliment him. Not that he was putting himself down, he was comfortable with his looks but considered himself deviations away from society’s standard of handsome. Plus, he wasn’t used to compliments because he’d rarely got one from the people around him. Once his scent glands had confirmed to his classmates, friends, and family that he was recessive, everyone saw him differently. Their skewed view had meant they excluded him from the Alpha circles he had been running. He had lost almost all of his friends, and those who’d stuck around acted more like acquaintances. Out of a survival instinct, he had adopted a loner status, projecting that it was his choice to spend most of his time alone. He had done okay on his own, but his growing-up years weren’t a happy one.

“You should say thank you,” Brian said with a wink as he filled the silence.

“Thank you. Sorry, I just haven’t seen myself that way.”

“Well, I do.” He bumped his shoulder against Tom’s, not even realizing he’d almost knocked him over. “Take my word for it.”

“Okay.” His cheeks felt so damn hot.

“Here we are.” Brian stopped in front of a fancy Italian restaurant where Tom had never been.

“Isn’t this place, like, super expensive?”

“I asked you out. It’s my treat, of course.”

“Sure, but—”

“Nope.” Brian placed a finger on Tom’s lips. “I chose this place. I wanted somewhere special for the honor of taking you on your first ever date.”

Tom melted under his date’s fierce gaze. His lips buzzed with a tingling warmth from where Brian’s finger touched. He considered kissing the finger for a moment, but Brian laced his arm in Tom’s and walked him into the restaurant.

They got to know each other over a delicious, family-style dinner of carbonara, chicken alfredo, and spaghetti with meatballs. The longer Tom stared into those impossibly deep eyes, sharing conversation with him, the more he realized what a fantastic guy this man was. Of course, he already knew that Brian was extraordinary. But now, Tom had personal confirmation and never once felt like Brian did not meet his expectations. Even through the haze of spicy, decadent sauce and meat smells, he could smell the kindling rosewood of his date’s scent. To all appearances, though, Brian looked composed, like he was having as wonderful a time as Tom was.

Until Brian’s face fell as he caught a glimpse of the front door.

“Don’t worry, but Martin and Cliff just walked in.”

Tom whipped his head towards the door, his eyes landing on his two worst bullies. They were a formidable couple who shared the fetish of terrorizing him. Tom found their identical smirks triggering.

“What are they doing here?” he hissed, ducking his head as he glared at Brian across the table. He considered climbing under the table.

“Nothing good.”

“Did they know we’d be here?”

“I have no idea.”

Brian’s short responses did nothing but heighten Tom’s anxiety.

“Are they coming this way?” Tom was trying not to hyperventilate.

“Remain calm. I’ll handle this.”

“Evening, boys,” Martin said as he and his boyfriend stationed themselves next to their table. They were heading to a popular bar in the area when they spotted Brian and Tom through the restaurant's glass window.

“Move along, boys,” Brian said, his voice low and warning. Hoping his friends would take the hint and leave them alone.

“I owe you five hundred bucks,” Cliff said to Brian, nudging his partner.

“Don’t give away the ruse,” Martin said, elbowing back.

Tom’s gaze shifted from Martin to Brian. Ruse?

“What ruse?” he asked, pinning Brian with a questioning look.

“This isn’t what—” Brian started, but then the other two Alphas started cackling like hyenas.

“Good job, Brian,” said Martin, with tears in his eyes. “You really went all out on this one. You could’ve saved some cash and just gone to the movies.”

An uneasy feeling settled over Tom, his brows furrowed in confusion. What was going on here?

“I see Mr. Recessive is slow to catch on.” Cliff drawled, staring at Tom.

“Poor thing, hope you didn’t get any ideas that Brian is interested in you.” Cliff sneered. “This is only happening because we dared Brian to take you on a date!”

Tom felt the ground tilt beneath him, hoping his ears got that wrong. This was… a dare? The heated gazes, the butterflies, Brian promising to better… A big joke?

Brian stood, his chair scraping against the tile. His angry gaze pinned on his friends.

“Leave. Now,” He gritted out, his voice deepening further, “I won’t warn you again.”

Something about Brian’s tone wiped the smirks off their faces.

“Really, Brian, all because of this piece of trash?” The words barely left Cliff’s mouth when Brian grabbed him by the collar. Martin caught Brian’s arm, trying to shake him off his mate.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing, Brian?” he yelled. Drawing attention from other diners.

“You better watch your mouth, else I am coming for you next.” Brian hissed, still holding tightly onto Cliff. He hustled him toward the entrance, dragging Cliff with Martin towing behind.

Tom could see outside through the restaurant’s glass door that Brian was saying something to the other Alphas that made them look more terrified than Tom had ever felt. They stopped their argument with Brian and walked away, leaving Tom wondering what Brian had said to subdue them. Brian re-entered the restaurant, smiling when his eyes met Tom’s, but Tom didn’t smile back.

“They won’t bother you ever again,” he said when he sat down. “If they so much as look your way, let me know.”

“Is it true? This date was a dare!?” Tom went straight to address the elephant in the room.

“Listen, Tom...”

Hearing his name roll out from Brian’s mouth sent a shiver down his spine, but he ignored it. Now wasn’t the time to pay attention to that. No matter how infatuated he was with Brian, or how low his self-esteem may be, he would not tolerate such crappy behavior from anyone.

“I am on a date with you because I want to, not because of some fucking dare,” Brian answered, hoping he could salvage the date with a proper explanation. “This dare Cliff mentioned happened months ago, over a stupid game where I got dared to take you out on a date.”

Brian observed Tom, noticing how stiff his shoulders were. His face was drawn in apprehension, like he could burst into tears any minute. He hated how shitty that made him feel.

“I did not act on it because I care about you. Tonight’s date has nothing to do with it.”

Tom’s brows knitted, questioning the genuineness of Brian’s words.

“You care about me?

“Hasn’t that been obvious?” Brian asked. “That’s why I get so nervous around you.”

Brian still had more to say.

“When I saw you earlier, at the cafeteria, you wanted to come over to me, didn’t you?”

Tom stared off to his left, his lips firmly pressed together, not denying or confirming Brian’s statement.

“I saw your hesitation. That’s why I came over.” Brian filled in the silence. “I’ve been interested in you for some time, and your scent is, well, hypnotizing to me.” Brian continued after a seemingly embarrassed pause.

“I would like to get to know you, explore whatever this is, on our terms, of course, if you’ll let me.”

Tom shifted his gaze back to Brian, searching his eyes but finding nothing but honesty in there. He swallowed hard, looking down at his dinner.

“What you said about your friends, about them not bothering me again, were you serious about it?”

“Dead serious.” Came Brian’s quick reply. “I keep my promises. I won’t let anyone disrespect you.”

“But they are your friends, aren’t they?”

“Not anymore.”

Brian put a finger under Tom’s chin and lifted his face. “Don’t look down when you’re with me, please. Like I said, I want to know you better, if you’ll let me.”

“Okay,” Tom squeaked. He cleared his throat and took Brian’s finger from his face to cup his hand on the table. “I’d love to explore this with you.”

Brian exhaled, not realizing he’d been holding his breath while waiting for Tom’s response. He covered Tom’s hand with his.

Dinner resumed as if nothing had interrupted their date. And yet Tom’s entire world had just changed.

Were they dating now?

unknown.png

After their meal, the two walked to the theater just two blocks away. Night had fallen on the city, busy with start-of-weekend activities at the bars, restaurants, and shops.

At the movies, they saw a horror flick they both agreed they each had been wanting to see. To Tom’s utter glee and surprise, during a jump scare, Brian grabbed his hand. He had trouble following the plot after that, absorbed in the rough feeling of his date’s firm grip, which only grew tighter with every tense scene.

Tom decided to be bold again, this time he moved the armrest between them back so he could cuddle into Brian’s barrel chest. He could hear Brian's thundering heartbeat and wondered if the movie or his close presence caused the disturbance. Brian wrapped his arm around Tom’s shoulders and squeezed him tightly throughout the remainder of the film.

“Were you actually scared of that movie?” Tom asked when the credits rolled.

“No.” Brian’s eyes shifted in the dim light. “I just wanted an excuse to hold you.”

“Yeah, sure.” Tom felt a smirk touch his lips, realizing more and more how this man didn’t fit the stereotype that he had originally thought. Clearly, Brian was invested in making the evening a good one, making good on his promises, and holding on to control of what they did. All the same, this man was perhaps a giant teddy bear wrapped in a rough exterior.

“Want to walk in the park?” Brian asked.

“I’d love to.”

As they entered the park close to the college campus, they wandered along the lamppost-lit, paved path that curved over cut grass among trees and ponds. The trees were so tall and wide that their leaves intertwined overhead, creating a canopy over the pathway, giving the place a natural, peaceful ambience. A built-in fountain in the pond sprayed a mist through the air, dampening the men’s skin and chilling the cool evening air.

Tom drank in the atmosphere; it was perfect for the last section of their date.

Bathed in moonlight and starlight, Brian laced his fingers with Tom’s, his warm hand pressed heat into Tom’s, providing a delightful contrast to the chilly air.

The path’s incline increased as the two wound up the trail on a hill. They reached the top, bare of trees, where a lone, bench-like log overlooked the city. Their vantage point provided a beautiful view, sparkling with thousands of lights. The white pinpricks of stars within the deep-blue night sky mirrored the breathtaking scene below. They sat, their hands still interlaced.

“Have you ever counted the stars?” asked Brian, gazing up.

Tom shook his head when the Alpha glanced at him.

“I’ve heard,” Brian continued, looking back up, “that if you are able to count to a thousand, you can make a wish, and it will come true.”

“It’s impossible to count the stars.” Tom chuckled as he followed his date’s gaze.

With Brian at his side, Tom could hear his whispered counts, so he counted along with him silently. But he got too distracted to continue counting and instead gazed upon the incredible man he was with, and made a wish in head.

I hope tonight will be the first of many shared nights gazing at the dark, starry sky. Though we may stare at nothing in particular, we will always enjoy each other’s presence.

“One thousand,” Brian exclaimed. He hadn’t counted to a thousand, but he had counted as many as he could.

“I made a wish.” He softly whispered. His eyes, dark as night flecked with starlight, looked into his partner’s eyes.

“Oh! I did too.” Tom whispered back, surprised he wasn’t the only one.

As their eyes locked, they smiled at one another, desire seeming to grow between them. Knowing it would be bad luck to share wishes, they didn’t even have to ask what the other wished for. The hope was evident in their shared expression and beating hearts so loud they sounded like a drum duet; they knew what the other longed for.

Brian smelled his own pheromones, his musky heat mingling with Tom’s scent.

“You smell of sandalwood,” Brain said, leaning so close that his breath warmed Tom’s cheeks. “Sandalwood on fire.”

“Yours is burning rosewood.” Tom softly said, his eyes seeming to glow as he bit his bottom lip. His blushed cheeks appeared to shine even brighter.

Brian placed his free hand on Tom’s hot face, brushing his thumb over his cheek as his face inched closer. Their hands still held fast, their grips tightening. Brian leaned close enough to graze their lips together as he spoke his next words: “I…really want to kiss you, if that's okay with you.”

The smell of Brian’s musk washed over Tom like a wave, tickling his nose and sending primal signals to his mind. Lost in the intense smells of their rising heat, he nodded, nervously wetting his lips in anticipation of what was coming. He needed Brian to close the space between their mouths more than anything.

As if reading his mind, Brian’s lips collided with his and Tom’s head reeled back from the force of the kiss. Just like the rest of the man, his lips were firm, but they were also lush and warm. He tasted like salt, sugar, and chocolate. More delicious than any of the romance novels described. Brian’s moan built at the back of his throat and emerged as a growl, and Tom responded with a pleasured whimper.

Though Tom was inexperienced, his partner led him with finesse, his mouth moving with adoration and care. Their excitement was electric, charging the air between them as their mouths danced to the rhythm of their rapid heartbeats and gasping breaths, tongues exploring a passion neither had ever known.

When Brian finally broke the kiss, Tom seized the opportunity to breathe, his eyes were now glowing embers as if something within him was awakened by the kiss. Not only was it the most intense, pleasurable thing he had ever felt, but his entire body was vibrating with a new kind of feeling, like all the weight he’d been carrying from the pressure of being a recessive had melted away. He’d always thought there were some things he could never have or deserved as a recessive, but this right here shattered all that. He could have nice things too, nice things like Brian McAdams. At that moment, he didn’t feel any less of an Alpha than Brian.

Brian stood up, extending his hand to Tom.

“We should head back before it gets too late.”

Tom took the offered hand and rose to his feet, ready to head back down the trail, but Brian pulled him in for a warm embrace.

“I wish tonight didn’t have to end. I want to stay right here with you. Just like this,” Brain said, his face resting on top of Tom’s head. Tom could hear the loud thumping of his partner’s heart. It was like music, calming to his soul.

“I don’t want it to end either,” he admitted.

They stood hugging for a while, the heat between their bodies warming them. Reluctantly, they broke away and walked down the hill. Hands still held tightly, each man not wanting to let go of the other.

As they walked under the twinkling night sky, they’d gaze at one another from time to time, exchanging smiles that held a secret only they knew.

 

🌑

 

Author's Account:

OfficialGENESIS

Author's Note:

Edited by Artaks

Thanks for reading!

-GENESIS

12