Chapter 53.1: Under the regime (Tyche’s Adventure 1 – Fifth Part) [18+]
691 5 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What’s this?

I looked at my own hands, but they were covered in fog. Even when I looked down at my legs, they were covered in a fog.

* Doooooouuuuuu * * Doooooouuuuuu * * Doooooouuuuuu *

A loud and loud bugle started.

I stood on a small hill, and behind me was a fence made of small metal wires. In front of me was a pit through which other people in military uniforms drove people.

It looks like these people are just cattle...

I excluded that the people were criminals, among them were a large number of women and children. Some young men were violently sorted out by the soldiers and pushed in another direction.

I followed the crowd of people who were led to a long building. I walked a bit behind them, and it didn’t seem like anyone could see me.

The door swung shut in front of me, and I wanted to hurry when something caught my eye. I tried to grab the door and stop, but my hand just went through the material.

Ha!? This veil allows me to walk through walls!

I just walked through the door and looked into a human-filled hall. Families held each other up. On an open second level, other soldiers were staring down at the people down here.

I think I know why Emilia didn’t want to go here.

I couldn’t even look around when another horn sounded, and a door opened. A deep voice came from devices on the walls.

“Get number 163 573 to 164 073 ready! If there is only one missing, the remaining ones will be severely punished!”

I don’t know how many people were locked here, but around ⅓ were moving towards another gate that just opened.

I followed them because I didn’t know what would happen to them. How could I find Eris’s predecessor in such a crowd?

In the room behind the gate, some guards forced the other people to leave their belongings, and only when they were utterly naked were they allowed to go through another gate.

Next to the second gate stood several guards who counted each prisoner and checked their number.

The entire procedure took an hour or two. I was now with the prisoners in a room where the water came from the ceiling through aqueducts. The water dripped from the openings, and everyone in the room got wet if they wanted or not. They started to tremble and tried to avoid the water as much as possible, but it didn’t work.

It took a few minutes for the water to stop and another door to open. A side door opened, and men with grim faces stood there.

“Come on! Continues!”

A man in a slightly different uniform, probably the officer of the guards, spoke up. When I looked at him, I could only think of the personified evil. It was contempt in his eyes as if he were looking at pestilence.

The soldiers drove everyone into the next room.

*Boom*

The door closed behind the last person, and I watched what the leader was doing.

“Soldier! Go tell them to start!”

“Yes, sir!”

The man saluted and hurried out of the room while I moved through the door and looked at what was happening in the place.

The room was cold and empty. The families held each other to warm themselves because they were all still wet from the water.

What are these men doing with the families...

It was time, and I should find out what should happen to them right now.

A hiss was heard, and the prisoners panicked. Nothing happened yet until a group of older people sagged and gasped. They gasped for breath, but they got none...

The first jumped up and pounded on the door. Others followed suit and hurried to the door, but it remained locked. Now the other symptoms started to show.

Some started scratching their necks, others on their chests. Sometimes they scratched their skin and caused them to bleed. Others began bleeding from the ears and eyes.

The remaining children started screaming, but their voices would be silent before those of the adults. More and more prisoners collapsed and remained lifeless on the ground.

Only when the events were over did I understand what was going on. They were all killed using a gas, with such a systematic approach that it chilled my back.

I've seen a lot of wars, but something...

The door opened, and another group of male prisoners entered. The guards stood behind them, watching their every step.

"Get rid of them, throw them in the holes."

Some men went to work because others looked upset and needed a moment to be started before the guards threatened them.

I followed the men to several pits. Line by line, pits were systematically dug, and in each of them lay bodies of people. There were countless numbers in the pits, so many that I could not estimate how many there were.

*Tick* *tick* *tack*

A tickle went through my head, and everything froze around me.

What is going on here!?

13