Chapter 58: Battle the Behemos.
640 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Gwaah!"

The Behemos ran after me roaring. To my surprise, he was able to keep my pace, despite the massive body. Every now and then, he rammed the walls of the cave and shook the whole ground of the area.

I accelerated with (Enhance body (medium)) and built up a distance. After reaching the cliff, I stopped and turned to the cave entrance.

Come on!

The heavy steps of the Behemos came closer and closer until it appeared at the entrance of the cave. My first thought was that the Behemos looked like this radioactively mutated creature from that one post-apocalyptic game series.1The Deathclaw from Fallout... to be precision Fallout 4 The only notable difference between them and the Behemos was that the Behemos had a pitch-black fur instead of scales. On closer inspection, his horns resembled those of a bull. It usually moved on four paws, although his stature looked more like that of a gorilla, which meant that it wasn't necessary.

"Gwah!"

It screamed again and reared before rushing at me. It tried to grab me with his right front paw, but I accelerated my body and dodged to the right. Due to the speed, it was to fast to stop in time. It stamped over the edge of the cliff and fell.

Perfect! It worked right away!

I approached the cliff and looked down. The Behemos got already up and grabbed the first ledge to climb up. I didn't miss the chance and jumping over the cliff. I started a vertical dive while using (Enhance body (medium)) and (Phoenix strike), and I let my wings thrust backward to gain more speed.

Here I come!

I hit the Behemos's forehead at full speed.

Ouch!

Its skull was hard, and the collision gave me a huge knockback. But the Behemos was also damaged by my attack. It fell back and landed with its back on the ground. There was a wound on his forehead from which blood was pouring, but It showed no sign of pain. It slowly straightened up while I got up on the ledge on which I landed.

Round 2? Or is it round 3? Well, it doesn't matter.

The first attack from Behemos was not long in coming. It swung his left front paw toward me., but I hopped into the air and kept climbing up with my wings. The paw landed in the rock face and triggered a cloud of dust. The fog spread and took my view.

Damn it!

Something unknown hit my left-wing, and I lost my balance and landed roughly on the ground.

Ouch!

"Grrr!"

*Sniff* *sniff*

A growl followed by a sniff came not far from me.

Shit!

"GRAAH!"

The Behemos let go of a cry that blew the dust cloud go away, it also sounded in my ears, and the pressure bound me on the ground. As the environment became clear, I realized how close I was to Behemos. His front paws were not a meter away from me.

(Phoenix inferno)

A huge circular tidal wave of red-gold flames spread around my position, causing slight burns to the Behemos fur. More by a reflex, than by an actual danger to life, it jumped out the reach of my flame.

I got up, and we looked into each other's eyes. I didn't know what it looked like for third parties, but when an animal about 0.8m long and 0.3m high faced a creature 3m high and 5m long, it should look like a hopeless fight. But…

 

<Appraisal>

Name: Fonar

Title: Vampire Butcher

Race: Behemos

Sex: ♂️

Age: 57 years

Rank: B

 

HP: 532/1104

MP: 375/755

<=====>

 

<Status>

Name: Eris

Title: Hecate's Blessing, Unique Subrace, Robust Mind, Magical Mediator

Race: Horned Rabbit (One-horn Wolpertinger)

Sex: ♀️

Age: 12 years

Rank: D-

Job: Magical scout, Fire mage(apprentice)(blocked)

 

HP: 123/148

MP: 122/180

<=====>

 

Based on our values, it had lost significantly more. Sure, I had less HP or MP, but that was due to our rank difference. Also, my AGI must be slightly higher than its AGI without my acceleration.

When the cloud of dust cleared, I could see what had hit me before. It was a chunk from the rock wall, which had been released by the blow of the Behemos.

Go on! (Hellfire) Flame mode.

I had trained (Hellfire) secretly outside of Ishina's training and developed different modes. I also noticed that when I used (Hellfire), the violet iris of my right eye turned pitch black.

The black flames enveloped my entire body so that my whole figure appeared black. Even the fiery red wings were covered in black flames.2Venom(Marvel) inspired this form, even though these are flames.

And now (Dark world)!

Everything around me turned pitch black.

Dark world was the evolved form of (Dark Journey), and asides the function to move faster. I could let the “Dark World” appear around me. The (Dark World) was dome-shaped with a diameter of 50m and with me as the epicenter.

Besides the fact that I could move much faster in this bizarre room, creatures with poor night vision were unable to see anything. Also, I saw everything in a black-and-white filter, in which every organic being, whether a tree, flowers, or creatures, appeared in white, while stones and other non-organic objects remained dark gray.

I was aware that the Behemos had no poor night vision, but that’s where my (Hellfire) came in. How should something, or someone, see a little black creature? (Hellfire) didn’t generate any heat so that the Behemos couldn’t feel a heat signature. His vision was restricted, and (Dark World) took away his sense of smell. It was trapped.

The sense of hearing is the only useful sense organ for him.

I knew this and used it against him. I pushed a small stone past the Behemos with my right paw.

*clack* *clack* *clack*

The stone hopped pass the Behemos and create a sound.

Now!

I jumped on the back of the Behemos and clutched it. It started to roar and jump to throw me off.

I, however, kept scratching the same place on his back. It took several tries to get through his skin. When the first drops of blood came out of the wound, I put my claw into the wound and tore my paw straight down. The scratch got three times bigger than before.

So then Behemos, you will be cooked.

I put my paw in the wound and...

(Hellfire) Flame unleash.

The flames that just covered my body penetrated the open wound inside the Behemos.

I lost strength, and therefore my hold. I hurled through the air and land a few meters away from the Behemos. I dissolved (dark world) because my goal was achieved.

The world around me became normal again, and I could see smoke coming out of the Behemos’s wound. His organs were burning, so it was only a matter of time before he would break down.

His screams grew weaker, but he still didn’t give up. It tried to cover the wound to smother the flames, but it was in vain because the black flames were not dependent on air.

Wow! This is really violent!

I felt a little dim, and I knew why. The combination of (Hellfire) and (Dark World) was mana-eating.

*Boom!*

Behemos’s body collapsed, and my mission was accomplished.

(Behemos was defeated - 45 EP received)

 

===

 

After fighting the Behemos, I stopped the flames and spent the rest of the day and the coming night in the Behemos cave.

It was a refreshing morning because the request was accomplished, and I could spend the few days with a quiet way home.

The last thing that stood against the way home was to put the rare materials of the Behemos in my pendant.

14