Chapter 7: Let it be a lesson.
4.2k 11 86
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yey, I finished the rewriting this week.

Usual are my Chapters ∅ 1500 words long, but this Chapter is over 2500 words long.

 

I jumped in shock as Crete’s voice suddenly came from behind me. 

 

Crete!? How are you coming here so fast?

 

--I could hear a few words from you about telepathy. I got a little restless and therefore came to you as soon as possible.--

 

Crete stretched her hands over me and healed my wounds with her magic.

 

...

 

=== (POV Crete)

 

(30 mins ago.)

 

I was just destroying the gate when rows of orc guards gathered around me.

 

Although I said to Eris that I would play the decoy, I should try to find and smash the enemy's headquarters. There is no guarantee that this will not happen again in the future.

 

Some of the guards should be corrupt... 

 

I activated (eyes of judgment) whereby each individual began to glow in different colors.

 

The redder the glow, the heavier was the sins of the person. Of the around 20 guards had only 2 a red color, 10 guards were yellow or orange and the remaining 8 were green.

 

...

 

I was undecided as to how to proceed.

 

Let's try it with these two.

 

I grabbed with two roots that grew out of my hands, the two guards with the red glow. I pulled them close and sprinted through the crowd of guards.

 

I turned into various little alleys to shake off my pursuers.

 

After some time, I checked if anyone was following me before I threw them on the floor.

 

"I'm sure you'll answer a few questions, will you?"

 

I glanced down at them with a dark smile.

 

At first, the two orcs looked at each other before turning their gaze back to me.

 

"Understand."

 

Said one of the orcs.

 

Smarter than expected ... And I thought I had to teach them a lesson.

 

"Good that you understand it! Yesterday, a big operation took place where some horned rabbits were kidnapped, does that ring a bell?"

 

"Horned rabbits? Don't know."

 

The orc spoke to me in the general language, which he wasn't good at.

 

"What about you? Do you know something? "

 

The other orc froze in fear as my eyes moved onto him.

 

That one looks useless ...

 

"Looks like your colleague was there, already gave up."

 

I pointed at the in shock frozen orc.

 

"So you stay with your statement?"

 

The orc let his gaze wander to the other orc and back to me.

 

"Don't know anything."

 

I rolled my eyes.

 

"Then the hard way."

 

I let a root grow out of my foot and pierce the leg with the root, like a spear!

 

"Oooooi!"

 

"So?"

 

The orc groaned in pain as he started to talk.

 

"Stall. There."

 

The orc pointed in a direction where the horned rabbit should be.

 

"Well, that's not good enough! I want to know where the headquarters of the mastermind. Where !?"

 

"Big building. This direction. Guards at the door."

 

"Thank you. Why not immediately."

 

I said to him with a fake smile.

 

I pulled back the roots that bound the two orcs and turned around in the direction the orc pointed.

 

I let two leaves grow in my hand and, without turning around, I threw them backward at the two orcs.

 

I heard their bodies fall to the ground before jumping up on the roof of a nearby building.

 

I jumped from roof to roof, looking for a building that suited that vague description.

 

I found three buildings that fit the description of the orc.

 

The first I could delete from the list immediately it was the house of the chief, right in the center of the city.

 

The entrance to the second building was on one of the many side streets, but the guards were just glowing yellow.

 

The last building was not guarded at the main entrance but at the back entrance, which made this building seem even more suspicious. The two guards were glowing red, which only substantiated my suspicions.

 

I landed on the roof and stood directly above the two guards.

 

I walked over the edge of the roof and jumped down, landing in front of the door between the guards. With one leaf in each hand, I split the skulls of the guards.

 

I turned around and with a strong kick, I let the door fly into the house.

 

"Yippee-ki-yay, motherf*cker!"   

Is such a reference, ok? Or should I make it not as obvious as this one?

 

In the room were six orcs sitting around a table and playing card games.

 

The door flew over the orc, who sat with his back towards the door and landed on the orc on the opposite. He was very unlucky because the door hit the orc in the middle of the chest. He was instantly dead.

 

The 5 remaining orcs jumped up and were about to draw their weapons.

 

"Well, well!"

 

I shook my head.

 

"I don't care about you. I want to talk to your boss."

 

The eldest of them held the others back and answered me.

 

"Why?"

 

"Quite simply, you've done something you shouldn't do and I'm the Avenger."

 

"What's stopping us from attacking you?"

 

"Because that's exactly what will happen to you too."

 

I pointed at the lifeless body of their colleague.

 

"Ha! As if we would just give up."

 

"Shut up!"

 

An Orc with a suit entered the room.

 

"You wanted to talk to me, Dryad?"

 

*Tch*

 

"That's right. You did something, something forbidden by the gods themselves."

 

"Did I? I don't know about it and what about those gods? As if you Dryads are following any gods, you should know the best that they are all dead."

 

"Not all! Even though my sisters are no longer turning to the gods, that doesn't mean that we forgot their words or ignore them!"

 

"YOU? You the assassins of the forest listening to the words of gods!? HAHAHA! So many died by your hands. HAHAHA! "

 

--F*ck! F*ck! F*ck!--

 

Huh? That sounds like Eris is in danger.

 

I was about to rush out to help Eris when I saw a sword blade flash up.

 

"You just want to go like this?"

 

"Not really!"

 

The orc in the suit swing his sword at me but I stopped the sword with two fingers.

 

The orc's face went pale as he saw the difference in our powers.

 

The next moment, he didn't realize what happened. In the split of a second, I shattered the sword with two fingers and at the same time, dropped the other roots around the orc.

 

I threw the orc outside into the alley. He bounced his back against the opposite wall of the house.

 

"Bye Bye."

 

I waved to the five orcs and made a quick jump backward into the alley.

 

The orc was moaning in pain at my feet.

 

"Look closely."

 

I grabbed his hair with one hand and raised his head to force him to look at the building.

 

I summoned three huge roots to grow out of the ground, which let the ground to shake. The roots grew higher than the surrounding buildings.

 

All three roots rushed down and crushed the headquarters below them, parts of the neighboring buildings also collapsed.

 

"... no!"

 

"Excuse me? I can't hear you?"

 

"Why?"

 

"You ask why? Divine punishment with a bit of karma! But you don't have to be afraid, you will follow them now."

 

With an icy smile, I told him about his end.

 

A leaf with the length of a sword grew in my free hand.

 

The body of the orc fell to the ground, but the head was still hanging in my hand.

 

I let the leaf disappear and let a root grow like a spear from the ground.

 

I stabbed his head onto the spear.

 

"Let that be a lesson to you, shitheads!"

 

=== POV Eris

 

You came at the right time. Let us free the others. Can you distract the orcs for me?

 

--No problem!--

 

She smiled and disappeared in front of my eyes.

 

When I looked at the gate of the stable, the guards had disappeared.

 

Fast!

 

I slowly opened the gate and stepped inside.

 

(Ash wolf was defeated, receiving 20 EP + 2 bonus EP.)

 

Oh! One of them has reached 0 HP now.

 

In the stable, I found 5 cages, to each side were two cages and the last one was at the end of the stable. The 4 cages on the sides were much smaller than the last one. 

 

I could see horned rabbits sitting in cages right and left, but none of them seemed familiar to me. Of course, I don't know all the horned rabbits from home as there were hundreds of them, but I had at least met all of them once.

 

The first cages are certainly horned rabbits that have been kept illegally for several generations as a breeding animal.

 

I approached the last cage, at the end of the stable. There were a lot more horned rabbits in this cage than in all the others.

 

"Queee!"

 

I noticed some of the horned rabbits cautiously approaching the grid. My eyes stopped at two horned rabbits, it was my older sister and my older brother. My sister with her reddish-brown coat with white spots and my brother with a white coat with black spots were simply unmistakable to me.

 

I squealed about eagerly.

 

"Quieek Eeq queek."

 

My siblings both looked questioningly at me and they didn't approach me. I squealed again.

 

"Queek quiek Eeq." 

 

There was no reaction at first, but after a while, my siblings approached. Other horned rabbits, which seemed familiar to me approached the grid as well.

 

(Ash wolf was defeated, received 20 EP +8 EP, level up.)

 

Oh! Number two is also at 0 HP now.

 

I looked at the others, only a few had wounds and these were usually only light.

 

"Queek queek Quieek!"

 

I told them that I will free them and let us flee together. Even before a reaction came in response, I used (Finster strike) and smashed the metal grid.

 

That was easy!? Lucky me.

 

There were four more cages and without exception in all four cages stood the horned rabbits on the edge of the grid. They were watching what just happened.

 

I looked at them and saw both old and young eyes filled with hope. I decided to help them out of here. I destroyed the four other grids with (Finster strike). 

 

A shock runs through my body and suddenly felt heavy.

 

I have probably almost used up the regenerated MP again...

 

I scrambled up again and turned to all the horned rabbits.

 

"Quikk queek eeq qek queek!" (Follow me into our freedom!) 

 

I don't know what that was, but I felt that everyone had understood what I just said.

 

"QUIEK!" (LOS!)

 

The horned rabbits came out of all the cages. The gate blew open and horned rabbits running past me out of the stable.

 

(Title received.)

 

Huh, a title?...

 

I left the stable and could see a plume of smoke in the direction of the orc city. 

 

Was that Crete?

 

I was just too exhausted.

 

Crete, can you hear me?

 

She didn't answer.

 

The others had already disappeared when my legs collapsed and I fell to the ground. I had no strength left and my vision turned black. The last thing I felt was that something lifted me slightly before I lost consciousness.

 

===

 

Ngh! Where am I?

 

I opened my eyes and something dark green blocked my view.

 

--You woke up, that's good.--

 

Oh, Crete...?

 

I began to realize that I was in Crete's arms.

 

--I think you have to say something to them.--

 

To whom?

 

--Look around you, then you will understand it.--

 

I raised my head out of her arms and looked around us. More than about a hundred horned rabbits looked at us.

 

A shock ran through my body.

 

Why me?

 

--Hmm. So, as I understand it, you are now their leader.--

 

How do you get this idea?

 

--When I talked to them they called you princess.--

 

Uh... The new title!

 

I opened my status.

 

<Status>

 

Name: Eris

Title: Crete's partner, Rabbitprincess

Race: Horned Rabbit (Jackalope)

Sex: ♀️

Age: 5 months

Rank: F

 

HP: 39/39

MP: 17/24

 

Level: 3/15

EP: 15/30

 

ATK : 16 -> 26 (+4)

DEF: 13 -> 15 (+4)

MAG: 13 -> 15 (+4)

AGI: 24 -> 36 (+4)

INT: 15 -> 19 (+4)

 

< =====>

 

WTF! Rabbitprincess!!!

 

A window opened.

 

(Rabbitprincess or Rabbitprince is a title that can be given to a young rabbit of every rabbit subrace, it evolves to Rabbitqueen or Rabbitking in old age. The title ability varies from bearer to bearer.)

 

System, you're useless!? Crete, what does the title Rabbitprincess bring me?

 

--Yeah, I have to pass Eris. Unfortunately, I don't know it.--

 

What a pity... We will certainly find it out! Tell me, did the other rabbits stop their attack?

 

--They have. After our uproar, they have withdrawn. Some of them are already among those gathered here, the other groups should still be collected before we travel back. I also couldn't discover Kuro and Kyuko.--

 

Then let's do that first. I tell the others.

 

--As you wish your Highness.--

 

I saw Crete suppressed a laugh.

 

Not funny!

 

"Queek eeq Quiek, eeq Eequek." (Please, look for the others.)

 

According to my words, some of the horned rabbits set out to find the others, leaving only the youngest and the elders behind.

 

Do you think the orcs will attack again?

 

--I don't think so.--

 

I hope so...

 

--You are their leader now, but do you still want to fulfill the contract with me? We can also annul the contract later if you like.--

 

You never told me what you are looking for, but I tend to help you because one hand washes the other one.

 

--Thanks. I haven't said it yet but I think you are extremely intelligent for your age.--

 

T-thank you.

 

What Crete didn't know was that I have memories of my past life. More like fragments of memories.

 

It wasn't long before the first horned rabbits came back and that with twice the number.

 

(Level up.)

 

Huh?

 

--What's going on?--

 

Ah... I'm just checking something.

 

I opened my status.

 

<Status>

 

Name: Eris

Title: Crete's partner, Rabbitprincess

Race: Horned Rabbit (Jackalope)

Sex: ♀️

Age: 5 months

Rank: F

 

HP: 42/42

MP: 19/26

 

Level: 4  /15

EP: 10/30

 

ATK : 26 -> 30 (+4)

DEF: 15 -> 16 (+4)

MAG: 15 -> 16 (+4)

AGI: 36 -> 42 (+4)

INT: 19 -> 21 (+4)

 

<=====>

 

Actually! I received 25 EP, but why !?

 

I opened the Ability list.

 

<Ability list>

 

ATK:

(Tackle Lv.3)

(Horn Throw Lv.1)

(Fireshock Lv.1)(NEW)

 

DEF:

(Dodge jump Lv.3)

(Counter kick Lv.1)

(Fire Resistance Lv.2)(NEW)

 

MAG :

(Enhance Body (light) Lv.2)

(Fire Affinity)

(Dark Affinity)

(Fireball (Small) Lv.1)

(Finster strike Lv.1)

 

AGI:

(Rush Lv.1)

(Dark Voyage Lv.1)(NEW)

 

Without Attribute:

(Snoop Lv.2)

(Appraisal Lv.2)

 

Title Abilities:

(Partnership - Telepathy)

(Leader - Reign)(NEW)

 

Unique:

(Overdevelopment x1)

 

<==========>

 

Whole 4 new abilities! I want to know what effect (Leader - Reign) has.

 

((Leader - Reign) is a title ability, it gives the owner the power to communicate with his follows ​​independent of the language!)

 

--Hey, I don't know what bothers you, but ... I think we're complete.--

 

I startled by Crete's remark and looked around. I stared at a huge number of different subspecies of the horned rabbit.

 

Let's go!

 

"Eeq Eequek qeek Quiek." (Let's go back home.)

86