Chapter 26: Citizenship
2.2k 4 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Later on, I will release the short advisement about the December release rate and X-Mas/New Year specials.

 

 

Somehow... this situation is really... weird.

 

I sat at the same table as yesterday, but this time I was only with Dario and Daria.

 

"Go ahead and take what you want."

 

Dario invited me to eat with them, and he created a real banquet for the three of us.

 

On the table was a soft bread, two different kinds of cheese, bacon and various sausages, as well as a lot of peeled or cut vegetables.

 

None of this food was special, but everything looked delicious.

 

"Oh, don't be shy!"

 

Daria put some of the food onto my plate without asking me.

 

"Daria!"

 

Dario got mad at her.

 

"What the? If we don't help her, she won't dare to take anything."

 

"..."

 

He turned to me.

 

"I'm sorry."

 

"It's ok."

 

I waved my hand and took a bite of the cheese, which had a paler color.

 

"Hmm..."

 

"Ngh... is that the cheese from yesterday's flatbread?"

 

"Yes, that's right."

 

"It tastes good as well, but the melted version was far better."

 

Right! Why don't I do it?

 

I partially cut the bread. I held the cheese with my left hand over the bread and created a small flame in my right hand.

 

"Ou! What are you doing there?"

 

"Melt cheese?"

 

"But you can't just do that..."

 

"Why not?"

 

"You could burn yourself with the flames!"

 

"HUH? How should it work? My flames have never done anything to me. "

 

When I think about it, didn't I received (fire immunity) through the Phoenix core?

 

"Dario. Magic."

 

"Oh... right."

 

Daria pointed at something to him that I couldn't understand.

 

"What do you mean? Magic?"

 

Daria began to explain.

 

"That's quite simple when you use magic, the mana for your abilities come from yourself. For example, when Dario uses his spells, he draws the magic from the environment. An advantage of his spells is that he doesn't need any affinity, but he can hurt himself with his spells."

 

"If Dario did what you do, he would have burned his fingers."

 

"Okay, I got it."

 

The melted cheese dropped down on the bread. I took the bread with melted cheese and ate it before it could cool again.

 

"...say...could you...?"

 

Daria held up a piece of bread and a portion of the cheese.

 

"No problem."

 

The atmosphere relaxed between the three of us, and the breakfast ended peacefully.

 

===

 

*Knock* *Knock*

 

Dario washed the plates when there was a knock on the door.

 

"The door is open."

 

Vilavil opened the door and came in.

 

"And how are you? How are you, Eris?"

 

She turned to me accordingly and looked at me.

 

"... better."

 

"Well, we have a lot to discuss. Dario, is your dining room free?"

 

"Yes, just use it."

 

"Eris, please."

 

I nodded.

 

Vilavil and I sat at the same table again.

 

"Well, one thing beforehand, I want to help you. So I'm doing all this to help you. I will now question you, so please be honest. If there is a question that makes you feel uncomfortable, then tell me so instead of lying to me."

 

"O-okay."

 

Vilavil pulled a document from her bag.

 

"Let's start."

 

She turned a few pages and started.

 

"I start with a few general questions. What is your name, if you didn't receive it from your parents, name the person who gave you your name?"

 

"Eris. My name was given to me by a Hesperide named Crete. "

 

Vilavil documented it and went on.

 

"Your age? I can answer your gender, myself. Do you have a job?"

 

"I'm twelve. A job? No, I don't have one."

 

"Okay, then let's go on. Place of birth? Race? Guild Membership?"

 

"Birthplace is right here 12 years ago, where horned rabbits still lived in this clearing. My race is that of a horned rabbit. I'm not a member of any guild. "

 

"Good. These were all general questions. Let's go into the somewhat private questions. How is it that you, a horned rabbit, can take on a human form? And do you or did you know others who could do the same?"

 

"I know of no other case, and it's an ability that enables me."

 

" Can you tell me its name?"

 

(Never!)

 

I thought the same.

 

I was a little surprised that Tyche was so actively involved as she had always been holding herself back.

 

"I'm sorry, but that will not work."

 

"...Ok. Only as a question, the ability you use isn't called (assimilation)?"

 

"No."

 

"Puuhh! Then everything is fine."

 

"Should I ask why?"

 

"Better not. Maybe another time. Let's move on. May I apply (Appraisal) on you?"

 

I just nodded, I didn't care anyway.

 

"Race: Horned rabbit, confirmed. Subrace: Wolpertinger? Hmm... is that a rare subrace?"

 

"Yes, it is."

 

"Well, that makes sense. Now can you show me your original form?"

 

"Aye."

 

My body lit up, and I resumed the shape of a Wolpertinger.

 

"Well, can you fly with those wings?"

 

"Not yet, I have to train it first."

 

"Oh! You can even talk to us in this form, very interesting."

 

"This was all. This is for you and... a moment, please!"

 

She cut a piece out of the document and put it in front of me, then rummaged in her backpack for something.

 

"Ah, there it is! Here for you."

 

She put a small bag in front of me on the table.

 

"Is that money?"

 

"In there are 50 Silver Drachma. The currency is called Drachma. But that's not so important, please have a look at the document."

 

I took a closer look at the document.

 

_____________________________________

 

Citizenship

 

Name: Eris

Date of birth: - / - / 1595

Residence: Astel (Admeras / Egoss)

Nationality: Admeras

Race:

Job:

 

_____________________________________

"What's this?"

 

"Your pass. Well, it's not complete yet, but we find something suitable for the two vacancies."

 

She pointed to the area with the empty race and job field.

 

"What do you mean, what suitable?"

 

"Well, writing down the race of a wild creature here makes no sense, so we must write down an alternative race. And your job can be changed anytime, so it won't be bad if it stays free."

 

"Then Rabbit Werebeast?"

 

"Based on your race, originally would be the most obvious choice, but I think that the mixed breed, Tamorph, would be a better choice in this situation."

 

"Wouldn't I stand out like a colorful dog?

 

"Well, yeah! But you wouldn't have to hide your horn and wings if you don't want to. Also, the transformation into your animal form would be possible."

 

She produced a page on the document with the inscription "Tamorph."

 

"All tamorphs have a magic core, so they can now use more or less magic. It would play into your hands."

 

"Does anyone control the document for accuracy?"

 

"Yes, it does. This person is me. So, what do you say?"

 

"I want to find my family."

 

"...I already thought so. That's why I'm helping you. I've noticed that you don't have full control over your emotions, and your magic as well. So, I'm not going to let you go until you have full control of your powers."

 

"What are you going to do with me then?"

 

"What affinities do you have?"

 

"Fire... and Uhm... well... darkness."

 

"So fire and darkness, huh?"

 

"I do have the fire affinity, but I've been more focused on weapon training... I think I find someone for fire... Darkness gets a little harder... I can't even think of anyone who has that affinity, except races like Night Dragons or Maws... But such monsters can't be asked."

 

"What about sorcery?"

 

"Do you want to learn spellcasting? Then ask Dario, he can certainly recommend a teacher to you. If you ever get the idea of ​​using onehanded weapons like swords, daggers, or hatchets, would Daria be the right contact person, and if you ever want to learn twohanded weapons like greatsword, halberds or spears, can you talk to me."

 

Vilavil's eyes fell on the document once more.

 

"Can I write Tamorph, at this point?"

 

I didn't have to think long and just nodded in agreement.

 

"Good, then we're both done. Daria! It's your turn!"

 

The door opened, and Daria came in.

 

"Well then, let's go!"

48