Chapter 28: Shopping (Part 2)
2k 9 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I forgot to mention that Eris‘s panties were pumpkin panties.



Daria and I entered "Gonrus's Tannery."

 

The store itself had little sales space, but behind the counter was the passage to the tannery workshop, and we could see the larger room.

 

Someone in the tannery workshop saw us coming, and this person rushed to the counter and us.

 

"W-we...welcome."

 

I was sure that she was a dwarf woman because I couldn't judge her age for her short stature. I typed that she was not as young as she appeared.

 

"How can I help you?"

 

"We are looking for some shoes for this young lady. Also, a shoulder bag as well as a wardrobe bag."

 

"Magic shoes or non-magic, besides what size should the wardrobe bag have?"

 

"Eris, you have to decide what kind of shoes you want yourself."

 

Daria said to me and turned back to the woman.

 

"What are the current prices for the different wardrobe bags?"

 

"The small size cost 10 Silver Drachma, enough for one clothing set. Medium size costs 30 Silver Drachma, and it fits five sets of clothes. Last, of all the big wardrobe bag, it costs one gold Drachma and is enough for 25 clothing sets."

 

"We take the middle size. How much is the shoulder bag? "

 

"Simple leather, so 2 Silver Drachma."

 

"Good, now the shoes."

 

"I take normal shoes."

 

"Normal shoes should be. What size."

 

"34"

 

I glanced at Daria, who had answered for me.

 

The shoes the woman brought were in the same ash gray as the other leather products.

 

"Did all these leather products originate from ash wolves?"

 

The woman nodded.

 

"That's right, and there are many ashes wolfs in these parts of the forest. They are easy to hunt, which makes the leather particularly cheap here.”

 

Daria paid the woman while I put on my shoes and hung my shoulder bag around my waist. The boots cost only 5 Silver Drachma.

 

The wardrobe bag looked like a simple bag, but on one side was a glyph knitted on it, and the other side had a T-shirt symbol. Besides, the bag had a band, which I could attach to the shoulder bag.

 

I put everything on.

 

"I'm ready."

 

 "Good."

 

We thanked her and said goodbye to the dwarf woman.

 

"Did you want to look for some weapons?"

 

"Hmmm... If we could offer this time."

 

We crossed the courtyard and entered the opposite smithy.

 

"H~allo~."

 

A young male voice greeted us. I could see Daria rolling her eyes in response to the voice.

 

"OH! Daria, have you thought about my proposal? "

 

"I didn't have to, Rokon. My answer is and remains NO! "

 

"Why!?"

 

She ignored him and turned to me.

 

"Eris, this is Barus's son Rokon, he's a half-dwarf."

 

I took a closer look at Rokon, but if she hadn't told me that he was half-dwarf, I would have taken him for a small man.

 

"Who is this?"

 

He pointed his finger at me when he noticed that Daria wasn't alone.

 

"A potential customer, you idiot. Apologizes, for my son, I'm Barus. Can I help you with something?"

 

He slapped Rokon lightly on the back and let him bow to me.

 

"Please don't!"

 

I wanted him to stop as soon as possible because I was just too embarrassed.

 

After the excitement with Rokon, I hadn't got a proper look at the goods on display.

 

On each wall were display cases on which the various weapons were issued. Some of them had impressive designs and reminded me of weapons from RPGs.

 

When I looked at the prices of most weapons, I was lost for words.

 

1 Gold Drachma ... 5 Gold Drachma ... 25 Gold Drachma... there’s no end...

 

Daria leaned down to me.

 

"You look in the showcase with the magic weapons, Eris."

 

"Eh?"

 

...Wah!?

 

"Wait, why is this here?"

 

I pointed to a dagger on the edge of the showcase.

 

"Uh? Hey, Barus, is that a spelling mistake? "

 

She pointed to the price plate of the dagger.

 

"Hmm ..."

 

Barus stared at the price board and shook his head.

 

"That's right... I traded the dagger with a traveler. He took one of the non-magical steel swords for it. "

 

He pointed to another display case.


"The problem with this dagger is that nobody can use it! Take a look at it... who will wield such a weapon."

 

For me, the dagger looked reasonable, and the blade looked unused to me.

 

The design was extravagant but not too extreme to put the actual function second.

 

The dagger was forged with dark gold-colored metal. At both ends of the handle were yellow crystal orbs. And on the bottom end crystal were several glyphs graved.

 

(Appraisal)

 

<Appraisal>

 

Name: Golden Spark

Material: Tarinium & Thunderhawk Core

Intended use: Dagger

 

Magic effect:

The spell is called Boltport. It allows the user to use the magic stored in the core to overcome short distances with the speed of movement of a flash.

 

Disadvantage:

The cooldown on the effect is 60 seconds after five uses.

 

The dagger has no magic collecting material built-in, so the core can't store magic from the environment.

 

<=====>

 

Uii... The second disadvantage! Therefore, the price must be so low because no human or dwarf can use it.

 

"I take it!"

 

"Eris!?"

 

"Young lady?"

 

"I said, I take this dagger."

 

"Y... Yes, good. That makes 10 Silver Drachma. "

 

"Here."

 

I gave him 10 of my remaining 13 Silver Drachma.

 

"I thank you."

 

Barus said to us and bowed.

 

"Goodbye."

 

"See you next time."

 

We said goodbye and left the shop.

 

"And now?"

 

"How much Drachma are still there?"

 

"3."

 

"Better than nothing. Now we can finally go to our ultimate goal. "

 

"And that would be?"

 

"We'll meet Dario at the Guild House and register you."

 

"Why should I sign up?"

 

"Because Vil has a special training plan for you, you should also work on the assignments."

 

"..."

 

"You want to go deep into enemy territory, so live with it!"

 

"Fine!?"

 

"Good. Believe me! This trainings plan won't be easy."

 

"..."

 

===

 

We reached the guild house where Dario was already waiting next to the entrance for us.

 

"Hey!"

 

He waved to us.

 

"Yo, Dario."

 

"Hi."

 

"I see your shopping trip was successful."

 

He stared at my wings, which still rested on the skirt.

 

"These are your wings and not part of the skirt?"

 

"Correct."

 

"Wow! I wouldn't know that your wing-."

 

"Yes, yes, you can flirt with her later."

 

Daria disturbed him.

 

"Well, which guild do you want to join?"

 

"Is that important?"

 

"A lot. What guild you use doesn't matter, but the privileges of each guild are different."

 

"And how should I decide if I don't know the privileges?"

 

"Also true."

 

"As a member of the Huntersguild, all animals and their parts can be sold commission-free to the Guild.

 

A Member of the Wizardguild has free access to sections 1 through 4 in their library.

 

Finally, the mercenary guild, with it there are duty-free border crossings and enter every city."

 

"Every advantage has its incentive, so I am in the Wizardguild and Daria in the Mercenaryguild."

 

"That was it? That's the only difference between the guilds?"

 

"The structures are slightly different in each guild. In the Wizardguild, it's harder to get into the higher ranks than in the Huntersguild."

 

"Daria, I remember something else! Eris, you didn't have a job, did you?"

 

"Yup."

 

"Do you know what jobs fit your attributes?"

 

"Not the slightest, I don't know anything about jobs."

 

"As such, you can freely choose your job at any time, but there's the possibility in each temple of making a "determination" to get some recommendations."

 

"Come, let her try it for herself."

 

Dario pointed to the temple.

 

===

 

"How can I help you?"

 

A man in a simple white robe approached us.

 

"We want you to do a "determination" for us, priests."

 

 "For each?"

 

"No, just for her."

 

Daria pushed me forward.

 

The priest glanced at me for a moment and turned away.

 

"Follow me."

 

He said and disappeared through an arc into the next room. I followed him.

 

The second room had a circular wooden table with different glyphs.

 

"Sit down were ever you want."

 

I took a seat at the table.

 

The priest began to mumble something softly, and it was so quiet that I couldn't understand it.

 

The glyphs lit up and illuminated the room.

 

"Put your hand on the table."

 

A window opened.

 

(Attribute scan...)

 

It took a moment for the glyphs to stop glowing, and a new window appeared.

 

(Scan completed)

 

The window closed again, and a new one opened.

 

(The most compatible jobs have been narrowed to 3.

 

  1. Fire Mage - Compatibility at 83%, too low INT value (-10%), too high AGI value (-0%), wrong primary attribute (-7%)

 

  1. Assassin - Compatibility at 85%, too low INT value (-10%), too low ATK value (-3%), too low combat experience (-2%)

 

  1. Mag. Scout - Compatibility at 90%, too low INT value (-10%))

 

Stupid... As a magician, only the Fire Mage is present. An assassin would undoubtedly be a cool profession, as in this one video game series, what was the name again... Oh, it doesn't matter. The job is anyway, too dangerous. The last one is the one that appeals to me most, such a magical scout, with my abilities that should work great.

 

"Thank you, priest."

 

I got up and bowed to him.

 

"No cause, my child. Take good care of yourself."

 

Together we left the little room where we met Daria and Dario again.

 

Both thanked for his time and also said goodbye. He waved after us, and I waved back when leaving the temple.

 

"To which guild should I go if I choose magical scout, as my profession?"

 

"I would take the Hunters Guild."

 

Daria answered me first.

 

"I don't know, and the Wizardguild would fit in with the job as well. How about if we ask at the information?"

 

"I think that would be the best choice."

 

Daria agreed with Dario's suggestion.

 

If that will work?

52