follower of the twisted king:the left hand
71 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Teka was resigned to her death.

She had done so when she was designated as a 'foresaken'. She lacked the twenty-fourth so-called 'blessing' chromosome. This was why she had given up on life. She would never be able to get any job, be overlooked, and be beaten down due to her family being dirt poor.

Is there anything she can do? A brigade of police officers pointing guns at her and a hundred civilians encircling an obese hunchback against their will. Everyone else was begging them not to shoot, apologizing, negotiating or ranting about how he had been cheated on.

Despite this, she remained silent.

Honestly begging to be killed by the police.

It would be considered a 'civilian casualty' and her mother would receive a lump sum of about five to six thousand dollars. Just like with her father. With that much money, she could pay off her unpaid bills and perhaps stop moonlighting. "sorry mom, I hope you get a better daughter in the future." she whispered as the audible clicking of guns was heard causing the people to scream in fear.

However, just as the police were about to fire ,a woman appeared jumping over the cars as many yelled for her to get away. Her six wings and a gem emitting a black light blinded everyone who watched, rendering everything black and white. This monochromatic world rendered the hunchback powerless and made him unconscious after which color was restored.

Police and paramedics descended on the scene faster than light and everything became a blur for Teka. Seeing the woman tending to others with vines, she believed it was a healing blessing. Always being pulled aside by the police or the news about something, she did not come her way.

"maybe its for the best." Teka thought as she walked closer to her home, tears rolling from her purple eyes "she probably wouldn't want to talk to a foresaken anyway." thats right she was a foresaken,with a worrywart of a mother who she will have to tell this to when she gets home. Her mother will lose it on top of worrying about dinner, if they have anything at all.

"Hey stranger!" Turning around, she saw a woman with the most radiant smile, showing off her golden teeth. In her arms was a large chicken bucket full of garlic breadsticks,the smell of it alone made her mouth water. She pointed at the bucket and asked "want some?"

"Uh sure." she nodded accepting the bucket and taking a seat on the edge of the sidewalk followed by the woman who summoned a second bucket of breadsticks. She wasted no time in consuming the delicious butter-glazed sticks in a veracious manner, leaving the woman in shock.

"Geeze, I thought my mom ate a lot." The woman laughed as she extended her hand. "My name is Micha, how do you do?"

"I'm feeling like a bum." Teka answered unconsciously, but honestly. "I mean, what am i supposed to feel?"

"Gratitude for being alive?" Micha replied with a light hit to her back "I mean you were about to get filled with so many holes your guts would be leakin' lead." Micha continued making 'her' voice rougher and deeper while pointing a breadstick at her like it were a gun.

"yeah, I guess?" reaching into the depths of her mind to find something to be grateful for only to come up short with that dreaded mans face in her mind. She ground her teeth in anger, but it melted away when she looked at herself. Just a petite girl standing at barely five feet tall, she wasn't even that smart! Useless! Unable to protect or help her mother! "what can a weak, lost soul like me do?"

"Lost soul?" Micha muttered, swallowing a breadstick. "You're a foresaken?"

Teka tensed in fear at that question, giving Micha the answer 'she' needed. Holly tried desperately to calm her heart, beating at millions of miles per hour. Although it was seventy degrees, she felt her body grow colder than ice. Her stomach was ready to regurgitate her food as tears gathered in her eyes.

Teka stared uncertainly at the woman as two words cut through her fear: "Want one?".

Micha asks once again, "Want one?" with a thin and content smile, "her" eyes glowing pure red. 'she' then lifts up her hand and summons a large book with intricate golden patterns on its cover. "You can choose one of these powers or I can give you a personal power?"

There was a long pause before Teka began to giggle that slowly evolved into full blown laughter. That notion, the notion that some random person could give her a blessing? That was nonsense! Unheard of! Idiotic! Even so, she decided to entertain the thought for whatever reason.

"whats the difference?" Teka joked while biting into the last breadstick.

"the powers in this book are duds,powers I don't want, need or consider failures or prototypes." Micha explained displaying the various pages to Teka "these powers can be used immediately but are rather weak depending on the choice."

"May I?" Teka asked reaching for the book, to which Micha yielded without a fight. What followed was the longest and most eventful conversation of Teka's life. The two spent nearly three hours narrowing down the ability pool to only one blessing that Teka thought matched her origins.

With their transaction done Teka and Micha parted with a simple promise that would forever tie their souls together "See you a YH."

It was on this day that the twisted king gained his most trusted follower.

0