Author Announcement!
54 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Neverlands Cultivator is going on a temporary hiatus; I have three more chapters written, but I'm having a lot of trouble writing up the puzzles and tricks for this book. It isn't that I'm not working on it-- I've been making leaps and strides on the scripting language used for the puzzles this week and the last-- but I have to design a specialized program to produce the images for all of this book's puzzles.

I created a whole new programming language for the purpose of making challenging puzzles for this book. Still, when I went to actually... well, program in this language, I realized I'd created dozens of hours of work per 1000-word chapter. Even though the puzzles were quick to write on a napkin and easy to play, they were not easy to draw on the computer. I have a slight disability with my hands; if you've seen my peculiar style of art, I actually had to build that style up to make up for how shaky they are most of the time! I mostly use a mouse and keyboard to do art, and I can't draw a curved line for the life of me. The resulting art was very clumsy, and it took my shaky hands way too much time to make each puzzle as well; I will have to build a machine to automate this process instead.

It might be a few months before I can return to Neverlands Cultivator properly; my vision for the book turned out to be too ambitious for how busy I am, and I wouldn't want to drip-feed poorly drawn art to all of you instead of something with real quality to it. I'm really sorry! At least the result will be a good book, instead of something I rushed to push out. I'll still be offering the whole book for free once I've figured out how to approach it, but I'm putting this book on hiatus for now, so I can focus on making the experience better to read and more automated on my end. Magimaid and DGIT will continue to be updated until I'm ready to return to this book!

1