The Receptionist
296 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They arrived at the Red Rose Auction House after going through the noble district.

It looked even better close up. It was red and adorned with gold.

There was one massive entrance and one smaller entrance. They were made for nobility, who came in carriages, and other people who came on foot.

The Red Rose Auction House is the most famous for allowing anyone to come and won’t send people away because of their background.

Xu Yuan's carriage drives through the gate and stops at the parking space for carriages.

Xu Yuan tells Shadow to just stay in the shadow as he does not want to rely on someone and enjoy himself.

He walks out of the carriage and there are a few stares coming in his direction, but he isn’t bothered about them.

He walks in to the building and walks towards a large reception where there sit a beautiful woman in her early 20s in a red receptionist outfit.

She is looking down at the papers in front of her, and asks in a monotone voice.

"what can I do for you? Do you want to take part in the upcoming auction, or do you want to auction off something?"

Xu Yuan is happy that it is gonna be easy to get what he wants. The boring stuff is not for him.

"I would like to auction off some pills and equipment."

He says, while having a radiant smile on his perfect face.

The receptionist finally looks up at the man and is shocked at what she sees.

How can someone be that beautiful? Is this legal? It can’t be, it has to be an illusion.

She was still gone in his face and thinking of things for herself whilst Xu Yuan just stood there.

"Helloo, lady, can I auction off some stuff?"

She snapped out of her stupor and glared at him. How dare he charm her! Unforgivable!

~Hmpf

"Well, do you have anything that would be worth to auction off? you can’t come here with some scrap and think we will auction it!"

She snorted and said to him with hate in her eyes.

"You can decide if they are worth it or not. I have a couple of Supreme Yin-Yang Pils and a ton of Dao sovereign Artifacts."

He clearly understands that she is pissed at him. Xu Yuan does not like this girl’s attitude as he has done nothing to earn it.

Somewhere in the shadows, an old man was gritting his teeth and growling like a beast that found prey. It was the Supreme Elder, Shadow. He wanted to rip the little girl to shreds. How dare she speak like that to the progenitor!

Shadow picked up a talisman and held it close to his head for a second, then the talisman disappeared.

He sent it to the ancestor, as neither of them will stand for this even though Xu Yuan did nothing.

"Hahaha, do you think I will believe that? Someone alone like you has something we have only auctioned off once!"

The ruckus created by the receptionist caused quite a bunch of people to gather around.

They all were nobles and what nobles love is gossip and drama.

"Shoo, get away. We don’t want you here."

She scowled at him without giving him a chance to prove himself.

Xu Yuan was speechless at this girl’s temper. He had done nothing, and he is already getting sent away. And does this little girl really dare shoo me away? ME?

"Little girl, I want to speak with the one in charge of this place!"

Xu Yuan was a little pissed as no one has ever dared to shoo him away before. He found it fun in the beginning, but shooing him away crossed the line.

"As if he will speak with you."

She retorted as fast as possible.

'She is really annoying. Should I just destroy this whole place until someone I can talk to shows up? Yeah, that’s what I will do.

Xu Yuan answered himself again.

He released some of his pressure and people dropped to their knees as fast as they were laughing at his misfortune.

There were cracks in the floor under the receptionist as she laid face down, struggling to stay conscious.

Shadow appeared before Xu Yuan with shaking legs and a sweaty face. He tries to calm him down as an enraged Progenitor could destroy the entire realm.

"Please! Your Majesty, we can fix this in a better way."

Shadow pleaded to Xu Yuan with his head down, not daring to look at his face.

Why can’t I do it this way? She disrespected me and its know in the martial world that you shouldn’t offend someone you don’t know. She deserves what she gets, the establishment as well.

"Why should i? Give me a good reason to stop and I will."

Shadow felt Xu Yuan's glare, and he was getting really nervous.

He was ready to speak, but got cut off by a familiar voice.

"I’m sorry, esteemed guest! I will take care of this, so could you take back your pressure, please?"

It was an unfamiliar man for Xu Yuan, but he could see that it’s probably the one with authority. Shadow, on the other had was glaring at the man who just came. It was the manager of the Red Rose Pavilion, named Ren Weimin.

Xu Yuan found it entertaining that the two elders knew each other.

He takes back his pressure from the girl and the people around. The girl starts spewing curse words as fast as she can stand up and sprints to Ren Weimin.

"Throw him out. He causes trouble in our auction house! Ban him!"

Ren Weimin held an amused smirk when listening to the receptionist.

Shadow was glaring back and forth between the receptionist and Ren Weimin.

If looks could speak, this one would have said.

'That girl will die! And you don’t you dare do anything!'

Ren Weimin understood at first glance what had happened.

He just didn’t realize the severity of the problem.

"Lets just let this g…"

When Rei Weimin had begun to speak, Shadow interrupted him.

"She will die. And so will you if you don’t apologize?"

"Ha, you th…"

The receptionist started, but got her head cut off the second she started speaking.

The person who did it was Rei Weimin.

He had understood the severity of the problem after hearing what his old friend said.

"I’m sorry for the inconvenience! I can finish what you are here for. Follow me."

He said whilst bowing 90 degrees.

"Sure. Though you need to get better employees if they act like this."

Xu Yuan said in an indifferent tone and started walking towards the back.

"Yes, I will do!"

He answered directly.

They got to the room with Xu Yuan walking in front and Rei Weimin together with shadow behind.

Shadow had explained everything to Rei Weimin with voice transmission and Rein Weimin was so shocked and scared that he almost fell.

They arrived in a big room with two couches facing each other and a table in the middle.

It was a luxury room adorned with red and gold.

Xu Yuan sat down and spoke.

"Lets begin again."

5