The Preliminaries
464 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The tournament started with the second class forces and first class forces going against each other.

It was about 500 of them taking part, trying to improve their sects or clans ranking.

The battles started with some first class forces and second class forces walked up to the smaller stages.

No one was allowed to go up to the main stage yet.

That was for the tournaments’ main spectacle, the supreme class forces.

Xu Yuan found it interesting to watch these ants fight each other.

Most of them would achieve nothing in their life and would despair after a couple of years.

Xu Yuan learned a few things by watching them.

The cultivation system and the wide range of abilities had gotten worse, but also better.

They had a much wider range of usability and different ways to manipulate attacks and defenses. But they all lacked one thing in common that was placed in high importance in earlier times.

Control and creativity.

They all used it as exactly as they were told. Xu Yuan found it outright stupid.

Why do they not create their own things and just follow someone else?

Still, Xu Yuan found it fun to watch, as it eased his boredom and he could judge them all.

'ooh, that’s going to be interesting.' He thought as his gaze was locked on to a young dragon male.

There were few special moments except for a few black horses wiping the floor with the others.

***

Xu Yuan had analyzed all the battles for a couple of hours and all the first and second class forces were done.

Some of them are going to be fighting with the supreme class forces for their place in the ranking.

All the spectators were getting excited about the main stage and the battles.

The first fight was between Hundred Illusions Sect and Blue Lake Sect.

It was a close fight as they are just three spots apart in ranking, but the Hundred Illusions Sect won as their Illusions were some of the best in the realm.

The next battle was between Azure Dragon Clan and Luminous Mountain Sect.

This was a sad match to watch for the spectators.

Azure Dragon Clan are strong, but they mostly focus on healing and medical abilities. They would never win against a highly ranked combat oriented sect.

Luminous Mountain Sect advanced to the next round.

Next was a battle Xu Yuan was looking forward to watching.

It was Tranquil River Sect against Spirit Fox Palace, where Huan is a disciple of.

She is taking part in the first battle.

The Spirit Fox Palace was mostly populated by the Fox race as their techniques focus on Yin, Ice and seduction.

They are a deadly combination for the weak-willed cultivators.

Huan walked up to the stage with confident steps. Her red palace robes dancing to the wind.

Her opponent was an average-looking male with a slightly worried expression.

"3, 2, 1 Start!" The referee announced.

The man charged at her with a sword in hand, ready to strike.

She didn’t go into combat position and just stood there. The audience was wondering if she had given up before they started.

The next thing people saw was him falling down with a nosebleed as ice was slowly covering from head to toe.

Few people understood what had happened, but those who did were disgusted but had a deep sense of wariness for Huan.

She had attained almost perfection in her seduction arts. That could make most men listen to her every command with just a glance, and most of them were not willing to take that risk.

The rest of the fights went by pretty boring for Xu Yuan after Spirit Fox Palace won.

White Tiger Clan had an overwhelming victory against the Gold Dragon Clan.

After that was the Divine Dragon Clan against the Hidden Flame Sect.

It was a completely one sided wipe. The Divine Dragon Clan only sent out one person for all 10 matches and he won with 1 move every fight.

Xu Yuan was disappointed in the way they fought, so he noted down some ways to create new techniques and to add their own personal touch to their fighting moves.

The next fight was the Three Poison Sect against the Inferno Dragon Clan.

The Inferno Dragon Clan had a few issues with the poison and their devious attacks in the beginning, but they still wiped the floor with them.

The next fight was between the Flower Lake Sect and the Mind Lake Sect.

In this fight, many people lost all their money, and some won a fortune of betting.

The Flower Lake Sect turned the tables in the last few battles and won with a tight margin.

After that was one of the more interesting battles in the early rounds.

Winged Dragon Clan against the Imperial Family.

This was a fun match for everyone except the Imperial Family itself and another participating force.

The match ended with the Imperial Family winning, but one of their participants was dead in an 'accident' and another was crippled.

There was an announcement after the match that it was all an accident and they will try to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

The next game was fun for the audience.

It was the Heavenly Cloud Sect against the Demon Dragon Clan.

The elder that came with the Heavenly Cloud Sect was fuming with rage and embarrassment.

Mo Zihao was playing with the participants before beating them with one hit.

The entire audience was laughing their lungs out at this.

There was a dark horse in the next match from Sword God’s Abode against Cloud Dragon Clan.

Wen Qi, a core disciple at only 10,000 years old, achieved mid-Low God realm.

He completely thrashed the other team and won without a scratch.

The first round of the main matches were done, and only 10 forces were left.

But before they could all fight, all those who lost have to fight to make up the new Supreme ranking for 20th to 11th place.

 

2