001. Life After Death
85 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My vision was assaulted by the gritty feeling of small granules of sand, it was unlike anything that I had ever experienced before. A strong and abrasive force that only existed to agitate. Quite a funny feeling for a dead person, although recently I began to feel that I wasn't so dead as I previously thought.

'Dead people don't feel anything'.

I opened my eyes to be greeted to a deserted wasteland, akin to that of a war torn land. Metallic remnants, rusted sword sand broken barrels were scattered around what seemed to be a never-ending sand paradise. Dunes of sand could be seen protruding every so often, dust balls gliding through the air.

Slowly I moved my sluggish body from the scorching sand floor, my head a mixture of hazy thoughts and unclear motion sickness, my processing power at its bare minimum. To say that I was surprised at where my arrival was, that would be nothing but an understatement. From what I previously felt , I could most definitely conclude that my death was very real. 

At least it wasn't a dream or something of the sort, yet here I was. Somewhere, or perhaps no where. A desolate land, that seemed to be as far off an image of the afterlife than what I could ever imagine.

Standing up I realised that my body was taller than usual. I had always prided myself on having a height of 5"9 as a japanese-british mixed individual I really didn't seem to have any expectations for my height genetics. However, something was odd I would say I felt taller than before at least by a few inches.

It was at that moment I looked up at the sky, my normal and sleek jet black hair had disappeared entirely, instead being replaced by a lustrous silky silver. In a state of panic I looked at my hands, only to see that my frail white skin had transitioned to a more olive tone. 

It was as clear as day to myself that this wasn't me, yet it was. A rather cynical smile plastered my face as a wild thought entered my mind. 

'HAHAHA.' 

I was being childish, there was absolutely no way such a thing would happen to me. To me that sort of idea was inconceivable, yet it was the only logical explanation. Well infact it was not that logical at all. 

'What are the odds that I have been reincarnated into another body. Is that even possible.'

The idea seemed crazy but the more my mind thought about it the more it made sense. Life after death, a second chance.

Before, I even had a moment to ponder the idea, a gust of gritty wind passed by followed by a fit of coughs. It seemed that a sandstorm was approaching, and by standing still were I was it would provide myself no benefit whatsoever.

Wherever I was and whoever I was; I couldn't stay still. Like a train travelling along a track I had to continue moving. Where my end destination was, who knows. Even after death there is life.

6