Chapter 2
257 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The moment I appeared in this world, a massive pillar of light appeared, and in a matter of a few seconds, the Indonesian Hunter Association appeared in my location, begging me to come to their office and, yes, begging.

When I arrive at the massive building, they leave me inside a room with a fancy-looking snack and some well-known alcohol for me to enjoy.

By the look of it, they already know that I'm an S-rank hunter, huh? Talos really likes a big entrance, huh? A massive pillar of light in the middle of the day.

I take a sip of the brandy and sigh in contentment. Man, this brandy is good. It makes any alcohol I drank in the past taste like piss. Well, I never drink an expensive drink. So I cannot compare it to the cheap drink I bought.

"I'm sorry to make you wait."

I look at the door and see two men walk inside the room. From the memory of this body, the first man is Hartono Sihombing. He is the Chairman of the Indonesian Hunter Association. He is an A-rank Hunter with five years of experience under his belt.

Spoiler

[collapse]

Standing next to Hartono is a man in his thirties. He is Roganda, the B-rank hunter well-known for his Golem summoning. He has three years of experience under his belt.

Spoiler

[collapse]

Both of them are one of the most powerful hunters in this country. Indonesia is a massive country, but it does not have as many hunters as South Korea, which is more than fifteen times smaller than Indonesia.

And don't get me started with an S-rank hunter. There is none.

I guess I can understand why they want me to stay in this country by giving me the best treatment. Unfortunately, there are many examples regarding S-rank hunters moving out of their country because they are treated with contempt.

Let's just say that said country is either regretting their decision for the rest of their life or their country gets destroyed by the Dungeon Break.

"My name is Hartono and I'm the Chairman of the Indonesian Hunter Association."

"Good afternoon, Mister Hartono. The name is Richard or Rick."

"Just call me Hartono, kid. I'm not that old."

"I thought you were already in your mid sixty."

"Bah! Mid sixty is the new thirty."

I chuckle a little when I see Roganda shaking his head. It looks like Hartono does this very often to generate that kind of expression from his underling.

"Anyway, we come here to test your Magic Power. Please come this way."

"Sure"

I follow them to a massive room with a massive black orb sitting in the middle of the room. Is this the orb that lets them see my rank? I can see Hartono talking to the young woman behind the computer near the orb before looking back at me.

Spoiler

[collapse]

"Alright, Rick. Can you put your hand on the orb?"

"Sure"

I place my hand on the orb and see it glow. After a few seconds, I can hear Hartono laugh loudly.

"Hahahaha! Immeasurable! An S-rank! We finally have an S-rank in our country."

I can see him jumping up and down for a few seconds before looking at me and saying.

"As the Chairman of the Indonesian Hunter Association, I welcome you as a hunter. Your license will be finished in two days. It takes that long because of Red Tape. Even S-rank hunters will go through Red Tape before they can get their license."

"I understand. However, I need to ask what I can do in my spare time. Can I get inside the dungeon before I get my license?"

"Sadly no. It would be illegal to get inside a dungeon without a license. However, I have an offer. The associate has an offer for you. If you follow me back to the waiting room."

"Of course."

When we returned to the waiting room, Hartono poured the brandy for both of us before saying.

"Let me be honest, Rick. Indonesia needs you. You are the only S-rank we have and we did not want you to go to another country. Maybe we cannot give you as many items, women or even money as bigger countries like Korea, Japan, China or even Russia but we are willing to give you what you need and want as long as it is within our reach. Hell, I have a feeling the rest of the SEA members will want your service."

Hartono takes a sip of his drink and continues.

"We lost Lombok island from the A-rank Dungeon Break. Millions of people died in the Dungeon Break. We are lucky that it was a land monster that cannot fly."

"What kind of monster was it?"

"It was an Orc. A massive humanoid creature with red skin and a body filled with muscle. They are too heavy for them to swim over to the other island."

"Are you guys not afraid that they will build a ship? There are a lot of trees in Lombok. They can build a ship."

"We know. That is why the president wants to hire an S-rank hunter from China to exterminate all the monsters in Lombok."

"I see."

"That is why we are willing to give you literally anything to make sure you stay in this place. Lately, it was not guns and bombs that make the country powerful but rather their Hunter. One S-rank hunter manages to destroy a country that tries to control him through force. At the end of her rampage is an endless snowing country."

Yeah, I know of this accident. It was called the Wrath of the Snow Princess. She was from Belarus before she decided to become a Polish citizen. To this day, she is one of the most powerful Hunters in the world.

I cannot imagine how a massive country like Belarus became a desolate tundra because its president decided to piss off a young woman.

"So you want me to take back Lombok."

"No. Not yet at least. You still have to train. An unstable S-rank is the worst nightmare many countries have. Before you get your license, the Associate is willing to give you their biggest facility in Jakarta to train you. To let you get used to your new power and discover your innate power."

Innate Power is something all A-rank to S-rank hunters get when they awaken. This power will give them unique magic they can use in their hunt. For example, Hartono over here has something called Rejuvenate. It let him reverse his body to the hour before. It is a powerful ability if you use it carefully. Too fast, you will waste your ability and need to wait for five hours before you can use it again. Too late? Well, you die.

"And in exchange?"

"That depends on you. Do you want to join a guild or make one?"

"Make one."

I immediately said that. Hartono only nodded his head as if it was the obvious choice.

"Fair enough. If you want to make one, we are willing to support your guild and even sponsor it to make sure you can build your guild properly. In exchange, we want twenty percent of every dungeon you conquer."

"Fifteen percent."

"No can't do. Nineteen percent."

"Seventeen."

"Deal. Now, let us go through the paperwork."

For the rest of the day, I spend my time dealing with paperwork.

4