Chapter 7 – The Prisoners
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kai's hand gripped tightly on a Knight's neck, getting stronger and stronger. The gripping force coated with magic was strong enough to crush tree trunks.


Kai slams him into the wall causing the knight to cough up blood from the impact on the back, whimpering in pain from strangulation as the knight's legs flew through the air.


Behind Kai, the flames rose higher and higher, illuminating the entire room, It was the knight captain's flames that Kai killed a moment ago. His body only contained flames of fire that grew bigger and bigger from time to time.


Like a bonfire in the campsite, in the end the death of the knight captain gave benefit to Kai being able to see in the dark of night. Although the moonlight from the window provided illumination, there was nothing better than the fire in the room.


In addition to the body being fuel, there is also a loud, ear-splitting groan as a side effect of burning.


People's screams of pain would only be a melody in the middle of the night, if one heard it while he was fast asleep, then he would wake up and witness the horror of human faces being burned by fire.


The knight that Kai was holding showed a frightened face as if he saw death right in front of his eyes. He is the only knight alive now.


The reason is clear because Kai needs information.


Kai loosened his grip then started to say.


"Tell me where is Liona?"


The knight started to shake his head while thrashing around in pain.


"I don't know... Please don't kill me, I really don't know"


An impulse of panic filled the knight's head, he struggled to free his neck from the grip. That person seemed to know if he didn't provide any useful information his life would end at that moment.


A knight who thinks his life is for justice but actually deep down only wants luxury. Justice cannot be served if the person himself dies, a logic that is clear to even a fool.


Therefore the priority right now was just to survive, Kai vaguely understood it all.


Kai gritted his teeth, his right eye was closed and his head was throbbing as if what was inside was about to come out.


Mad thoughts and clarity of decision seemed to take over from the mask of falsehood that he shouldn't have put on.


At least he didn't plug it in for a long time.


Kai asked what he should have asked in the first place.


"Where are the female prisoners?"


The knight stretched out his hand then pointed towards the entrance.


"From behind the door then you can go to the left until you find the basement, where we locked the women."


The knight breathed a sigh of relief when the grip on his neck felt weak, his life was now confirmed to be safe, all because he managed to fulfill Kai's request.


Kai released his grip then turned his head towards the corpses of the knights scattered around him. His eyes narrowed for a moment when he looked at the knights.


As the surviving knight's feet touched the ground and his hands gripped his neck to soothe the pain.


Suddenly in a short time Kai banged his hand back then gripped the knight's neck once more until his legs started to fly.


"One more question. "


In a voice deep as he was choking, the knight answered.


"Whatever, I'll answer any of your questions, please spare me."


"Where are some of the other knights?"


Considering the size of the mansion and how many prisoners Kai had seen, it was very possible that the knights guarding the mansion weren't just a dozen people, in other words the number Kai was facing now was only a small fraction.


There is also the possibility that the knight in his hands now intends to frame Kai. With all these facts Kai must thoroughly understand the situation and circumstances while preparing precautions.

Kai's grip tightened.

The knight started to show a blue face and irregular breathing while saying in a small voice that only Kai could hear.

Something like a whisper in the ear if counted according to the same frequency could be heard when he opened his mouth.


"Right, to the right of what I previously told you, there is also the exit gate."


Kai gripped it tighter while fixing a sharp look in his eyes and then let go of his hand. He told the knight a hope.


"Thank you. "


But that's just hope.


Kai put his hand on the knight again but this time it was much stronger than what he had done before.


The knight thrashed in pain until a voice calmed him down.


CLAT!!


Then the knight's movement stopped completely, the knight's hands fell down then the neck started to lengthen. Like a bent leaf, the knight's head reached his back so that his nose stuck to the wall.


Kai released his grip causing the knight to fall to his knees lifeless with his head turned back.


However considering how severe the condition of the prisoners was, it was more than enough to inform the big picture of what horrific deeds the knights were doing. From the start there was no chance at all. To forgive them.


Horrible images started to appear in Kai's mind as he turned to the dozens of prisoners behind him, They looked emaciated to the point where just standing was enough to make them tremble.


Kai was silent for a moment. Kai's eyes began to close and images of the past began to fill his head.


(Damn!! )


When a face full of fakeness fills him, Kai can see and understand from the point of view of normal people in general. Kai's wild instincts are still suppressed until now.


It was all proven when Kai started to turn around.


Seeing the prisoners in such pitiful condition, if Kai didn't protect them the moment they started walking towards the exit gate, they would be killed at that point.


The contents of the head without being filled with proper nutrition, make the prisoners unable to think at all and can only depend on the care of others while hoping that people who help them with good intentions, like real heroes.


The feeling that the strong protects the weak is the meaning of justice according to the common people's image, that's all Kai has learned as long as the mask of falsehood is still plastered on his face.


Therefore Kai started to step up to tell them that Kai was ready to protect.


Stepping up and starting to smile, he would say that right at the front gate there are a lot of knights that Kai will face.


There's no need to worry about everyone because Kai will save everyone.


Showing a small smile for the purpose of pacifying the prisoners, Kai opened his mouth and then spoke.


"There's nothing to worry about, all the knights of the mansion have been killed right here. You are free to go alone to the exit behind the door on the right, I have business to attend to and go without me."


The prisoners' faces full of hope and joy, they put on faces of happiness that they would never even remember while living in this place.


But when they all ran towards the right door, Kai walked in the opposite direction. Leaving them to death just so the attention of the knights can be diverted at the exit gate..

0