Chapter 8 – Shattered Mask
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside the hallway was quiet, dark and the only light shone from the torches on the walls.


A little girl with shabby black hair, and wearing only a piece of clothing while shaking from lack of food, was pressing something under her.


Loud noises echoed down the hall, blood splattering across the walls, then the floor, up to the boy's face. The voice kept screaming in constant continuity.


"Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!!! Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!!...Aaaaaah~ THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!"


The joy of happiness that the child had been dreaming of all this time, finally came true.


The little girl's thin hands kept banging rocks against the face of a man on the ground.


Every single skull had been crushed by a boulder. Making what is called a face is nothing more than an abstract image of an unnaturalness and chaos.


"Mom!! Mom!!!!... Finally!!! Finally!! Finally!! Finally!!!!!!! Finally~ I SUCCEEDED!!!"


Feelings of pleasure filled the inside of the head. A feeling he hadn't felt in years.


He never even thought in his mind, that what he was doing now was very soothing. As if the real description of a true happiness.


What was once a toy is now the master of toys. A moment he never imagined would happen in his life.


Covering his face with his right hand and then moving down to make a kind of streak of blood, stopped what he was doing all this time, then said.


"Sir, are you also a friend of this man?"


A man behind the girl was silent.


To ask the same thing, the girl looked up, continued up until she made an indentation like the bend of a leaf that could see backwards.


The reflection of a man with white hair and purple eyes while carrying a sword appeared in the boy's trembling eyes.


He showed a sad expression and was about to ask again.


"Sir, please answer me. Is this gentleman friend sir?"


The white-haired and purple-eyed man was Kai.


Kai answered a girl who kept looking at him from below.


"Not."


The little girl's eyes glanced at Kai's sword, she seemed to recognize the sword.


"Really? Then why is the knight captain's sword in your hand?"


Kai smiled kindly. Although there is no point in showing a fake mask but this all happened because he went too deep, so false thoughts dominate Kai until now.


The girl's eyes trembled violently when she saw Kai's smile.


He had a feeling he had seen him somewhere in his vague memory.


"I just borrowed it, but it seems he doesn't really want this sword back. You could say he left it to me."


The girl corrected her posture, black hair blocking her view. Then he muttered.


"I see, so that bastard finally retired."


Kai stared at the girl for a moment then looked away.


Then walk past it to get to the destination.


From behind Kai when he had enough distance, a girl seemed to be struggling to pick up the corpse of a knight.


He fell backwards due to the power not strong enough to support his thin body.


The girl looked annoyed then banged a boulder on the knight's neck until his head fell off and splashed blood, grabbed his hair and dragged him into a dark room behind the door.

Every floor he passed made the bloodstains look like a line.

If Kai looked back, perhaps he would see an expression of madness mixed with happiness pierce through the eyes of anyone who could see it.


....


After Kai passed by a girl full of abnormalities in his head. Kai now came to a dark room.


Every time Kai started to walk, the smell of blood grew stronger.


He opened the door with a fairly low voice, a voice that was soft and very soothing to anyone who still had sanity, or at least hoped for sanity.


Behind the door, Kai saw a scene like a forest in his room. Complete with large black leaves hanging on all sides.


Even though it wasn't actually a leaf—


(What kind of madman did all this?)

Many large black bags hung by a string connected to the top of the room, creating a kind of forest-like scene. Or more accurately called a bat's nest.


Due to the darkness due to the closed room, both during the day and at night, it is certain that the room will remain dark. Making Kai's eyesight is very limited.


However, the real problem is not that.


When Kai walked through the bag, the pungent smell wafted so thick. The stench of both new and old is so tormenting the sense of smell.


If Kai looked closely, he would be able to see a red liquid dripping from the cavity of the pouch.


It drips and creates red spots on the floor. It blends together as if to create a unique, terrifying pattern that becomes a kind of work of art in itself.


At least beautiful for abnormal people.


Maybe that was also the main reason why the little kid just now, had a problem with the contents of his head.


Kai's mind that was polluted by the fake mask made him have a kind of pain in his stomach. Even though it's actually at a minimal level.


No normal person would still be sane when he saw the horror before his eyes.


To the point where anyone would think, that a portrait of the embodiment of hell might exist in this place.


Kai moved several bags with his hands outstretched to clear the way.


A hard sensation was felt in Kai's hand, like moving a large rock using only one hand.


Heavy but not completely solid, it even feels like a pebble rather than a boulder.


Added a pungent stench. As if to confirm something.


"Minced meat. "


After saying so, Kai walked forward until he saw the rows of prisons from left to right.


There are several torches in some parts of the prison showing the faces of its inmates.


Each prison is filled with female prisoners. They only wore dirty white cloths as clothes and had droopy eyes like dead fish that looked desperate.


They give a kind of gaze like people who only see life as nothing more than suffering, it all contrasts with the atmosphere and smell they emit.


Just like the male prisoners, they also look emaciated and unkempt. Boneless meat really looks pathetic.


While Kai was walking, the prisoners just looked away for a moment then looked away indifferently.


Kai kept walking until he stopped when he saw the corpse of a knight.


His red neck was coiled and leaned against the iron bars. When Kai glanced, he immediately realized that the prison door was open.


There's a woman's body there. The corpse's right hand was severed with a sword stuck in its throat.


Some of the blood had just thickened indicating the woman's recent death.

Kai came closer to see the woman's face.


It was Liona—


Time seemed to stop.


Even in front of his sister, tears did not flow.


Even so, Kai's sadness was evident from his silence. Kai felt a pain in his head that he hadn't felt in a long time. Although there is also pain in the chest but it is not as severe as in the head.


"Liona.." Kai muttered in a low voice like the sound of water flowing from a river.


Kai's white hair covered part of his eyes. While hoping from the bottom of her heart the girl in front of her now, woke up from her short sleep while showing a cheerful expression trying to greet Kai.


But Kai is well aware that anyone who dies cannot come back to life.


Now Kai has no more reason to continue wearing fake masks. The purpose of the mask itself was currently destroyed.


Silently, faint memories began to explode in Kai's head. It was as if those thoughts wanted to take over, the place where they were created..

0