Chapter 15
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Xul)

Aurenolia walked beside her father with his hand on her back, right between her shoulder blades. She tried to keep a half-step ahead of him and glide when she walked, so that he didn’t have to push her forward. She was focused so hard on anticipating the turns her father wanted to make that she forgot to wonder what he wanted to talk about.

Finally, the King and ‘prince’ made it out to an isolated courtyard within the castle walls. The King sat down on a bench. Aurenolia stood in front of her Royal Father, hands folded in front. Then, worrying that folding her hands in front might look too feminine, she folded them behind her back, “what do you wish to talk about, Royal Father?”

The King patted the seat beside him, “relax, sit down, Altyrion. This is just a father-son chat.”

Despite what her father said, Aurenolia did not relax, instead internally panicking more. But she did sit down.

Once she appeared to do as he said, he began to talk, “King Rakii and Princess Anrhea of the Fol should be making it home soon. They’ll be expecting an answer from us eventually. So, what do you say? Do you want to marry Princess Anrhea?”

Aurenolia’s heart sunk, she didn’t really want to marry anyone and definitely not a girl, but... that’s likely not what her father wanted to hear. “If you wish to ally with the Fol... I am fine with marrying her...”

The King studied Aurenolia for a long moment before continuing, “I don’t actually intend to give them an answer soon. Agreeing to the marriage and alliance is tantamount to agreeing to war with the Kasm. It’s not a decision to be made lightly.” The King sighed, “but we may be dragged into a war eventually anyways. You are my only son, my heir, my successor. I’d rather you not have a bargaining chip for a queen but... It’s good to know you will do what needs to be done if it comes down to it.”
Aurenolia, her mouth dry, responded, “of course I will, Royal Father.”

0