Chapter 24
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Xul)

Neron bowed his head, lightly biting his lower lip as he was scolded by the doctor. On the other side of the infirmary door, the ‘prince’ and Deo laid in side by side beds.

Medicine had been reapplied to Deo’s burns and his bandages retied tightly.

Aurenolia’s sprained ankle was wrapped and elevated with a pillow. She studied Deo, trying to see if there was anything left of his smile on his face. But unfortunately all she saw was him staring at the door with traces of guilt and concern. “Don’t worry too much,” she said, “I won’t let him get in too much trouble for this.”

Deo turned his head away from the door with a pout on his lips, “I don’t care.”

Aurenolia decided to just let him say whatever, “do you want to try riding again tomorrow?”

Aurenolia patiently waited for an answer to her question for a long time. Until finally his one visible and unscarred ear turned pink, and Deo answered, “...yes...”

Aurenolia beamed a bright smile and reached across the space between the two beds to take hold of Deo’s hand. Deo flinched and tried to pull away but Aurenolia held on tightly as she announced, “it’ll go much better tomorrow! I promise!”

0