Chapter 2 Discussions with the Lost
70 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Let's start with introductions then"

 

Rina nodded, not wanting to interrupt the woman in front of her.

 

"I am Tiamat, one of the Ancient Beings that once managed earth, you could consider me as something like that of an Ancient God."

 

Rina only nodded in response, still confused about her current situation. She then turned her sights to the other being.

 

"I am the current manager of earth, and well, as for my name, it would probably be too hard for a human to speak it so just call me Deus"

 

She also nodded in response. Then also introduced herself.

 

"I, I am Rina Minazuki, a Japanese woman working for a tech company."

 

Tiamat only smiled in response. Then Deus asked.

 

"Do you still recall what happened to you before you ended up in this place?"

 

Rina thought about it again, replaying her the last of her memories. After finishing her work. She was walking back home exhausted, following her the usual route she took to her apartment. At some point, her vision suddenly started becoming blurry and her consciousness started to fade.

 

The next thing she knew, she was already standing before these two beings, which were probably Gods. In her confused mind, she did her best to formulate a scenario as to what have happened to her based on some of the novels she had been reading and following that thought, she realized that what happened to her might have been similar.

 

"Hmmmm, you have an interesting imagination. Well, it is not far from what actually happened, though"

 

Tiamat commented as if she were reading her mind.

 

"It was close, but it would be better to explain to you what exactly happened and why you ended up here."

 

Rina nodded, she also wanted some clarity as to how she ended up in this place.

 

"First, is that you have gotten yourself caught in a space distortion, which I would say was an extremely rare and unlucky event. The last one I could remember who have gotten involved in such an accident happened thousands of years ago."

 

Dues said, which did surprise Rina, but she had already a bit understood her current situation. She could only think of 3 things happening that would cause this based on what she had knowledge of, even if it was imaginary information. Those would be, getting caught in an accident and dying, forcefully summoned, or getting caught up in a random event.

 

"You are almost there, but the situation is a bit different. Presently, if not for Tiamat's help and your soul enduring miraculously enduring the pressure of the Chaos Realm, you would have already been either processed or annihilated."

 

"Processed?"

 

She asked Deus who mentioned those ominous words.

 

"Simply put, you would be returned to the normal cycle of Reincarnation or Be deleted completely."

 

"Eh!?"

 

Rinna was dumbfounded after hearing those words.

 

"You see, no normal being would be able to endure the Chaos Realm, that place is simply a mass of chaotic energy and a weak soul would be annihilated the moment it entered that realm. Even impossibly strong beings and lower ranking Gods could barely stay in that place. "

 

"I, I see."

 

Still dumbfounded, Rinna did her best to reply, and while in a state of confusion, Tiamat interjected.

 

"Now, now, even if you told her something like that, she would not even be able to compare. Rinna, let's just say that you were lucky enough to survive, and even though the Chaotic Pressure was indeed weakened at my place, it would have still been more than enough to annihilate a normal soul."

 

"Eh, so I ended up in Tiamat's place?"

 

Adding more confusion to her situation, she turned her attention to Tiamat.

 

"That's right, and the reason why I have brought you here is that I was a little interested in you who was able to survive that. I would have not even bothered to contact your home world administrator if I didn't find you interesting."

 

"In, interesting… huh?"

 

"Well, don't think about it too, in simple terms, you could think of it as my own selfishness. That should be more than enough explaining. Now to the main topic."

 

Before she could continue, she was interrupted by the Deus.

 

"Tiamat, you are skipping too many details again, at least let me finish my explanations to her first so that she could at least understand her current situation."

 

"Ah, right, sorry, I was just a bit too excited. It's been eons, you know, since I found something this interesting."

 

Deus then faced Rinna once more and continued.

 

"Anyway, in short, your soul have been mutated by the Chaos Realm enough for it to be able to survive it. You may say that it was fate or maybe just some random stuff happening. Even we Godly beings could not predict what would happen, even to one who entered the Chaotic Realm. That place, as you could tell by what we call it, was a space with nothing but Chaos, anything could happen there. That's all for my explanation."

 

"I see, no rather, all I could grasp from that is that my soul changed into something different in other to survive a place of chaos. I can't even begin to understand what the Chaotic Realm is."

 

"You don't need to understand it, or rather you won't be able to. Just think of that place as pure chaos."

 

Rinna just nodded in return. Trying to understand what what could not be understood is not something she was willing to do. She then asked.

 

"Ummm, Deus-sama? What is going to happen to me from now on?"

 

Deus looked at her with the face of concerned parent, and answered.

 

"Technically, you don't have to do anything. I mean, you are technically dead, but Tiamat is interested in you, so she asked me if you would like to go with her. She is of a higher order compared to me, and she wouldn't have needed my permission to get you, but for her to formally ask me and you about this meant that she really took a liking to you."

 

"You don't have to tell her that, you know?"

 

Tiamat protested with a pout. She may look like a really attractive adult woman, but her tantrums looked so cute in Rinna's eyes, making her slightly chuckle.

 

Deus then continued, while ignoring Tiamat.

 

"So Rinna, do you wish to return to the cycle of reincarnation in Earth, or do you want to follow Tiamat in her realm?"

 

"That was really sudden, but I guess, even if I think about it long, I would still end up with the same answer. I would like to follow her. She was the one who, even if it was simply out of interest, took care of me enough for me to have this conversation. Not to mention that it would simply be a waste of time to think about it given my situation. "

 

"Yes, it was technically my mistake for not noticing that distortion which ended with you getting caught in it, I probably wouldn't have noticed it if not for Tiamat coming over and informing me about it."

 

Rinna faced Tiamat once more with a serious look on her face and answered.

 

"Tiamat, I don't know what worth I would have, but since you did help me up to this point, let this lowly being, go along with you."

 

What she had spoked was lines she wanted to say from an anime she was watching before. Deus continued, even when Rinna was still facing Tiamat with a light bow.

 

"That's good, it seems like you have a good understanding of your situation. Don't worry, though, nothing would be forced on you, I assure that in my name as the manager of Earth."

 

Facing Deus again, she thanked Deus, and then when she turned her attention to Tiamat, she was smiling and was offering to hold her hand. Her hands looked scary, being draconic like, but Rinna took hold of it and smiled back to Tiamat.

 

Tiamat then told her.

 

"It seems like you have decided, shall we go into my realm then? Let's continue the talks over there."

 

Waving her free hand, she created what looked like a rift in space, and then we stepped inside.

4