Ch.21: Trouble in Haria
34 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Raya I need some money!" Beside the food stalls in Haria was a grown man kneeling with tears in his eyes before a red haired beauty.

Some people looked at the women in pity. They saw this man doing this several times already. The only ones happy about the sight were the stall owners who sold food, spiceys and all.

Word did spread this morning that there is a weird couple, of which the man was the topic of disscusion.

He spent over 25 gold already on food and co. Some said that maybe he is a beast in human form or a hungry ghost.

"No means no! Just go and sell something or do a quest! You not only spent the only gold you had, you even borrowed 13 coins from me! Did you know a family of 3 could life happily for a year with that sum!?!"

I thought we were friends Raya! That's betrayal. She is right with her words though....

"How long do we have left of our journey? If it isn't too long we could make some cash here?"

After some time thinking he did remember another rule of the demon king. If you don't have money, make some.

"If we go fast 2 days at max. The next city south of us is the capital."

"Perfect! Old man who seels good food, where's the adventure guild?" The stall owner made a sad face but couldn't help out. Why was that women so stingy, they can't tell anyone they don't have enough money!

"If you walk in the direction of the center you will see a building made out of metal. Not missable when everything else is made out of wood and rocks."

D thanked him with a copper coin which he had still left and made his way to make some money.

"Ol Dinkelburg made a whopping 3 gold coins of him and I get 1 copper...life is hard here..." No one heard thw sigh of the stall owner.

------------

Outside the adventure guild a women and a man were making their way inside.

"Oj brother Sidecharacter #12, isn't that red haired girl the Blood Guardian? What is she doing here? Didn't she clash with Hammer Joe last time? Don't tell me she wants to have another duel?"

"Brother Sidecharacter#13, you're right! I would know that figure even if I was blind. But who is the man beside her? There surerly would be rumors if she teamed up with someone?"

Two sidecharacters were talking in low voices at the entrance when they saw the couple walking in.

"Ohh there was someone who could fight with my dear moneyban-- Stop hitting my head! I think that makes one dumber.. so who is that Hammer Joe? The sounds really generic..." 

Raya sighed beside D.

"He is one of the high-level dwarves in this adventure guid, he woed me several years ago and so we clashed. If he weren't a dwarv and a bit small down there maybe he and I could have spent some time together with him."

Ohh, may you rest in peace brother. Hope you will find the right girl sometime.

"Ugh speak of the devill"

Raya stoped in her track and had a menancing look in her eyes while watching a walking...metal fortress?

"I don't know how you picture the devil but this things isn't. I did'nt know you had golems here.can that thing even fight or is it just for decoration purpose?" 

"Hmpf, a sore women and a big mouth dare to speak ill of this Hammer Joe! I can't remove the adventure license from you Raya but for him it should be easy. You may not know this but I'm the head of the guild now!"

Ohja?! It can even talk! Wait did it threaten me with taking away my license? How should i make money than! Streetperformer or maybe stall owner?

"Joe,congratulation but you should think really good about what you're saying. You wouldn't be the first guildmaster or clanhead who gets a one-way ticket to somewhere.."

"He really is the guildmaster?!? Even the legendary small package Hammer Joe? No wonder, with that height it would be weird to pack-a-punch.."

If the interior of the guild was somewhat more silent before, it now was dead silent.

"Did I say something wrong? Why is this metal block shakin--" Before D could finish a hammer was in front of him smashing his face.

A short trip to the wall and he made a dent into them, they were made out of metal.

"Hahahaha can't even dodge that puny brat! I'm already level 610 after going trough my intense training. My class is Walking Army, no on--"

"Ohh.. so that's how dwarves greet each other! Well than."

Before Joe could even realize how D could stand after his hit, he the city from above.

"What happend?"

Not only he, everyone in the guild except Raya had a horrified look on their faces.

Their pride, Hamme Joe, was sent flying trough the roof? That was at least 3m thick metal which wete torn apart!

"I'm D! Destroyer of Evil, the light in the dark! Some call me savior others their doom. My level is...Where did he go? It's rude to just leave when somebody is introducing himself!"

Raya's laughter was the only thing heard in the guild after yet another one of D's antics.

"Let's go and have a look at the missions available, there should be some near us who will get you a good reward."

They made it to the mission counter where the dwarv in charge of the missions was trembling.

He knew better than most what kind of strenght would be needed to just lift up their guildmaster. Don't even talk about destroying one wall of metal in here.

"H-H-How may I-I-I help you?"

"Don't be scared my little child, I'm here now. Was someone mean to you? Point your finger and this uncle will take revenge!"

The dwarv behind the counter......

The adventurer still inside which didn't flee or look for their guildmaster.....

It's YOU!!!!

"Nobody would think you were mute if you didn't talk for a minute..." 

"What do you mean?! Look at him trembling, such a young child is forced to work here probably! I'm upholding justice here. Where is your guildmaster? I will not tolerate such abusive methods."

......

...

A beating latter and some words from Raya.

"I'm sorry for thinking your a child! I always thought dwarves are born with bear- ok ok! I'M MUTE FROM NOW ON!" 

Seriously Raya! I thought it was you who likes to get hit, I'm more of a S type.

After accepting 3 missions we made our way out of the city. Weird how everybody just fleed when they saw us. Did someone tell bad things about me again?! Just wait till I get you!

2 of the missions were nearby, one was to look for a missing person and the other to eridicate a flock of Speed Sparrows.

But why is the 3 mission so weird? Go and look what the Divine Tiger of Mount Bairu is doing.

Didn't tigers only live in the Ancient Forest?

----------------------------

AN: weelll maybe the place where someone is said to be isn't correct... Will need to change that sentence later in a older chapter.

If somebody still remember it anyway. Next two chapters will be up later

2