Chapter 17: The Holy Theocracy’s Little Problem
113 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 17: The Holy Theocracy’s Little Problem

For Sae Kuroneko-chan was something like a truth she couldn’t escape, she lost Rin once because of her. She had been curious about whether she would see her or not inside of this world. After being told by Athena-sensei that she resided inside of the Holy Theocracy of Alvenheim, she decided subconsciously to check on her. Even as the magical vehicle which took the form of a RV called Honoka-chan shook lightly in a way that would send people to sleep she was still awake. Shizu had already slept as she began to enjoy days inside of Honoka-chan, she appeared fatigued and would often want to teach something but in the end she stopped midway after realizing she was not in the Magic Academy of Bandor. Rin was cooking something on the stove, Stolas was staring at the changing scenery of the outside something she too was doing. 

“There”

What Rin made was pancakes with the ingredients that she had at hand, even as they were approaching the city gates she was oddly calm about this. Maybe too calm.

“Thank you Rin. You’re always such a help”

“Indeed. You’re still wondering on whether she actually changed or not aren’t you?”

“EH?!HOW DID YOU KNOW?!”

“Reading your mind is something I have honed over the years, a good ability to be exact”

“How scary”

“Besides that these people are happy, they treat everyone equally and only want the world to be happy”

“I did hear that the Theocracy’s policies had changed after the birth of the last saint who spent her life making the Theocracy take a new turn. One that would not reject the demihumans but accept them”

Shizu who had woken up due to the smell of the pancakes said with a yawn as she walked towards the table.

“Which is why I am wondering that”

“You say that she was your enemy in your previous life Sae-chan”

“Yes I lost Rin because of her but at the same time I gained a lot of power because I was pushed forward to defeat MITHRAS because of her”

“Well we will soon learn of how she is like”

Shizu said whilst taking her plate of pancakes and the coffee that was made by Rin which she slowly drinks and smiles. 

The city of Alron was beautiful enough to make Sae realize she had reincarnated into a fantasy world, it was colossal and they had stopped at the gates for obvious reasons. Using her authority as the student of Athena she simply showed off her adventurer’s card and personal insignia from the royal family. In an instant they had been teleported to the palace which surprised them given the time they stood at the gate, it was phantasmic beauty to behold and peaceful, the statues of angels and different goddesses were aligned along the road as the gates slowly opened without a creak. They rode through this array of angels and goddesses exiting as soon as they got to the entrance to the palace which had the gothic look of an old church stylized into a large castle that is what the palace was like. The doors which were obviously made out of high quality wood opened the moment they went near it, they were scanned before that however. 

“Hmm….she has recreated the electric door from Earth using magic”

“Indeed”

“Elec- What?”

“Never mind that Shizu, Stolas”

“Hmm hmm”

The reception room was very large, big enough to have a ball and not have to worry about people overcrowding it. It was filled with paintings of the same angels and goddesses they met on the road to the palace, Sae suddenly tensed up as everyone else had vanished with her being all alone as the mad filled laughs of someone familiar could be heard. 

“IT REALLY IS YOU!!MAGICAL GIRL STELLA IS HERE AS WELL!!I AM SURPRISED TO SEE YOU HERE AND WITH THAT APPEARANCE AS WELL NYA!!NYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!”

Sae instantly parried the claw filled strike of the assailant with her katana that was close to her side and pushed back the entity who laughed even more. She easily scanned her surroundings and watched the person who attacked her slowly stand up grinning whilst showing off her sharp teeth, she had dark sky blue long hair with characteristic cat like ears peeking out from the habit she was wearing, her yellow eyes hadn’t changed and she was wearing a nun’s outfit with a skirt length that reached her knees with black boots that complimented her entire outfit. That’s right this was Kuroneko-chan, the person who made Rin die and reincarnate into this world.

“STELLA-CHAN IS FINALLY HERE!!I WAS WAITING FOR YOU FOR A VERY LONG TIME!!IT IS TIME FOR OUR HEART WARMING REUNION!!YOU AND ME RECREATING THE BATTLE WE HAD SO MANY YEARS AGO NYA!!”

“……”

There was something different about her but she couldn’t put her finger on it as Kuroneko leapt towards her in a lunge with another claw strike which she parries instantly but then she sees a kick that comes from below that entices her to jump lightly into the air. Kuroneko with her extended metal claws swept at her only to see Sae stand on her weapons delivering an axe kick that immediately brought her head into the ground but this was only temporary as she leapt backwards. 

“Keeping me out of the fun how mundane”

“Rin!”

Sae smiles as she sees Rin break into this dimension through use of Dimension Bunny that would allow her to hop between space and time as well as reality. She stared at the Kuroneko who smiles even more.

“YOU!!FLARE-TAN NICE TO MEET YOU AGAIN I HOPE YOU HAD NO HARD FEELINGS OF ME CAUSING YOUR DEATH NYA!!”

“None taken”

“GREAT NOW WE CAN HAVE A FULL PARTY!!THIS IS TURNING INTO A FESTIVAL NYA!!”

A thick golden aura covered her body as she short teleported to where they were swinging wildly as the two as the afterimage of her speed mimics her movements. Rin with spiked gauntlets in her hands punches away the afterimage with little to no effort as she makes the ban ma bu stance. She soon attacks with ferocity that surprises even Kuroneko who dodges her relentless fists and punches with the sound of metal on metal ringing out as gauntlet and claw strike.

“This is getting hard to do nya. Oh I have an idea I will just split myself up nyansu!”

She giggles cutely as she divides into two, Kuroneko immediately invades Sae’s range with a spinning claw attack that she blocks by quickly putting up several magic barriers that shatter as soon as her claws touch them. She dodges out of the way and paces herself away from her before leaping into the air with her katana high above her. Sae entraps this Kuroneko with magical chains she had gotten from another member of MITHRAS.

“Goldie-chan’s chains?!”

“Heh”

Sae swings down the katana which cuts this clone of Kuroneko in half as Rin makes a barrage of punches which all get deflected by the barrier Kuroneko had set up. She holds it with her palm before it cracks into a spiderweb of fissures and giving a upward kick that sends Kuroneko flying. She quickly stands up and sighing as she does so.

“That was a lot of fun, I certainly enjoyed fighting with you again.”

“Likewise”

“I apologize for Ilura’s brash actions”

The voice of a woman came from somewhere as the dimension was now shattering into glass, now the two were with everyone else. The owner of this beautiful voice was a kind looking onee-chan with long blond hair and powerful green eyes wearing the nun uniform she had with pride but that didn’t do much to cover her wonderful curves, she was thicc. 

“It is okay”

“This way please”

She led them to the dining table of the room where food was already set, each sat on their own seat.

“So nice to meet my little sister’s friends so soon, oh my forgive my rudeness my name is Clare”

“Sae Hoshikawa’s the name”

“My name is Rin Fatalis Mephisto Heuria pleased to meet you”

“Stolas nothing more nothing less”

“Liz is this one’s name”

“M-My name is Shizu”

Of course Shizu had already began eating at that point because of the nervousness she had upon meeting someone with so much high authority. Clare simply smiled as she looked at everyone.

“Ara ara some interesting ones have sure come”

“Indeed”

“Why are you here if I may ask Stella”

“My real name is Hoshikawa Sae best remember that and it was to check up on you and to see whether you changed or not but it looks like I was worried for nothing “

“Mine was Kuroe Shinozaki, also that is so cute of you Sae-chan. Mind if I kiss you right here and now?!”

Rin glared at Kuroe with a stare like she was going to kill her right there and then. She was almost yandere for a moment.

“You are pushing your limits Witch”

“Hehehe”

“Witch?”

“Its a previous life thing once-chan”

“Oh”

“Yes”

“By the way Sae-chan”

“Yeah?”

“We might need your help on something”

“A flag?!This far in the journey?!”

“YES!It’s a little problematic indeed, apparently an undead demon was able to make photo copies of us to counter skills and abilities thus we are unable to fight it. A city has been lost to them so we were offering you guys to go there we will reward you for it”

“How much?”

“9000 Luna”

“Consider it done”

““Weren’t you the one screaming about flags?!””

Rin and Shizu retorted whilst Stolas simply ate her food quietly with Liz patting her head having a smile seeing her devour the food in a way that could be described as adorable.

“Yeah but there is nothing I can do about it now, why not make it a profit whilst in this form hehehe”

Sae simply shrugged and brought out the same bright smile that Kuroe was wearing.

“I see that the both of you are very similar indeed”

“Ahhhh I give up”

“The name of the city is called……….”

“Hah?” 

When Sae heard it she couldn’t help but open her mouth stupidly.

3