Chapter 18: The City The Magical Girl Is Named After
108 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 18: The City The Magical Girl Is Named After

When she heard the name of the city she couldn’t help but drop her jaw and wear a stupid looking face, she received a mental imagery of the city in question and immediately flew to where it was by walking out the balcony and leaping off before she flew off towards the city. Its name was Noire Stella, a combination of Kuroe and Sae’s magical girl and witch alias names, the population of the city rivaled the capital city to such an extent that it wasn’t wrong to call it a second capital city. Sae felt a headache rushing into her head as she flew at high speeds towards the city partially named after her, who wouldn’t after realizing that they had a city in their name?!Sae arrived at the city in question and froze as she stood in front of the gate, she could only do one thing at that moment.

“OAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH GOD DAMMIT KUROE WHY?!ITS SO FUCKING BEAUTIFUL!!!UOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!”

She screamed on the top of her voice whilst clutching her head and fell down on her knees in pure defeat. The city was a combination of both medieval and futuristic design cultures, it had silvery white walls with wonderful cute designs all over it. The towers within the city soared high into the sky as if they were skyscrapers, even the gate itself was pretty high spec as she walked towards it with the golems stationed there asking for verification since the city was under lockdown and her reason for visiting Noire Stella. She provided both in the form that she was given by Clare, the gates opened themselves automatically through pure magic. She was rather amazed at how fast she reproduced the technology from her world, the inside was worse as she could clearly see tar roads and street lights, with store signs switched off and many of the stores with the closed sign as the demon had forced them to shut down for their own safety. 

“She really did go overboard by making this city resemble Tokyo, I wonder what it will look like in the next ten years”

“Hmm?Another one of the nuns?” (Fake Kuroe)

“Not really, I am a heroine of justice! A magical girl(former and retired) and I am going to take you down blah blah blah ahahahaha”

“You are unnecessarily callous for an opponent, aren’t you too unenthusiastic to be my enemy?”(Fake Kuroe)

“Sorry I am more interested in exploring this pseudo-Tokyo than fighting to be honest”

“Oh?It is the curiosity that is making you like this?” (Fake Kuroe)

“More or less”

“They say-” (Fake Kuroe)

“Curiosity killed the cat I know, but it won’t kill this one. Anyway are you going to make your move doppelgänger Kuroe?If not here I come!”

Clicking her fingers an explosion of Michael Bay proportions occurs right underneath the fake Kuroe who didn’t expect such an attack and is sent flying into the air. She stabilizes her flight into the air stopping at once before seeing tens of magic arias that spin in the air above with magic spears being shot at her, but she merely blocks these with the magic in her hands before the claws that Kuroe normally uses come out and she attacks the spears with the same speed as the real Kuroe. Sae smiles at this and short teleports towards her clashing katana and claws with her pushing her back in the process.

“You are a fake indeed, quite the terrible mimic to be honest. However you come a tad close to the real Kuroe”

“You are simply too strong”

“That is the case in every situation”

Sae jumps backwards with a playful gaze in her eyes as the fake Kuroe leaps forth clashing katana and claws with her with the result being a shining light which is like a second sun in the sky radiating in brightness. The fake under the light begins to escape quickly from Sae who had started to get serious after seeing just how much she mimicked Kuroe but then her playful gaze was now filled with intrigue seeing that the mimic had taken her current form turning around to fire several blasts that would certainly snipe her down from the sky. She cuts them in half with her katana in quick draw with a smile starting to etch itself on her face.

“So a fight against myself begins. Heh I like the odds of a same character fight”

Both Sae point their fingers at each other with consecutive fire balls being shot. Because of the different ranges of explosive firepower the real Sae’s swallows the fake’s but that didn’t stop the fake from cutting through that and clashing swords with the real Sae who gets pushed back almost instantly. As if in the same mind they both shout at the same time.

“C’mon you can do better than that!”

Sae’s voice overlaps with the doppelgänger’s as she begins to dance into a flurry of sword swings which ring out in the city as a song of blades. Sae starts off by breaking away from this fake by leaving a mass of shots filled with impactful magic to which the fake escapes by using Hermes. Sae grins as she uses Gungnir to chase her around at lightning speeds with Zeus impacted inside of each of the spears which explode upon contact making this fake Sae suffer quite much from having trying to dodge by not touching these bomb tipped spears. She moves out onto a stream that flows through the city and moves out of the way of the spears. But upon doing so she sees Sae who is right above her with her finger lighting up in brightness as a small ball of energy spirals from it.

“Lado”

The explosion causes the water to fly up into the air with both the Saes looking at each other as time slows down. Sae moves forward in this frozen time paradise with the water drops in the way as they both clash at the same time separating the water from themselves and drops towards the ground hitting each other’s swords with accuracy that would definitely ended the other’s life if landed well. 

Upon reaching the ground Sae strike the fake Sae with a punch to the face and moves about with a grab to the collar and throws her back up into the sky. It’s so high that the fake Sae uses Seraphim to catch her balance in the air but Sae arrives too soon to be clear with a fist enveloped in flames punching her stomach with the sound of armor shattering around her fake self. Unable to move a moment the doppelgänger falls to the ground once more she moves her mouth and opens it with a flame based attack coming from within. Sae dodges and grabs it with her bare hands turning it into more than huge spear that crashes towards the owner.

“Phoenix Down”

The image of a phoenix crashing down towards this fake is pictured perfectly as she gets hit by it and crashes into the ground with both water and dust coming down on her.

“More than just strong you are abnormal as well, I have to ask are you a monster perhaps?I’ve tried to defeat you but I seem to be failing to in every turn”

“I improved myself every day and absorbed all of the attacks the witches used against me. So shall we end this dance, I am going to disable all my magic and physical buffing spells”

“A mountain indeed. I might end up failing my mission”

“Heh, the plot thickens”

The fake Sae materializes the sword that Sae liked to use and ran towards her with Sae herself walking quite plainly. She swings her sword down with her best but to Sae who is at the peak of human physique just hits it away from her with the sword stabbing into the ground. 

“Too strong”

The fake’s body begins to pixelate as it dissolves to a smaller body, it’s the body of a pale skinned girl with the same white hair as Sae and golden eyes with twisted horns wearing an oversized t-shirt with a black collar on her neck.

“Come…..swiftly…..kill me”

Her eyes are filled with determination as Sae looks at her and walks in her direction. The girl closes her eyes in fear of what is to come but then she hears the sound of the collar breaking and falling to the ground with what followed being a warm hand on top of her head.

“Eh?What…..aren’t…you…killing me?I…tried to….kill you”

“You’re too cute and I find no reason to” 

Tears begin to well up in her eyes as they drop out profusely.

“Why…would….you be…so kind…to..a monster….like me?”

“Because I can and hey you are not a monster, all I see here is a beautiful little girl who just needs some guidance”

She cries some more before hugging Sae who is sympathetic about this little girl who’s doppelgänger skill is on maximum, she takes her up in her arms in princess carry form and begins to fly into the air.

“Eh?”

“Hey would you look at that I bet you never saw the scenery didn’t you?”

“….”

“Don’t worry I would definitely protect you from anything”

“But….white hair….means I….am cursed”

“I have white hair too, don’t I?And here I am living the best I can”

“…..”

“You can call me whatever you want, as you might not know my name is Sae Hoshikawa. You can call me Onee-chan if you want to”

“Un”

“But first I need to wash you up and have you wear some pretty clothes little missy. Dang I missed hearing your name didn’t I?”

“I have no name, only a number which is 18”

“How harsh, right I will name you then!Let’s see hmmmm right I have the right Snow because of your beautiful hair color, face and skin”

“……un”

Snow nodded her head as she accepted this name with a small smile, it seemed she liked it very much. The sky was so much better when she was in it out of her own free will rather being forced to fly in it, the land was a jewel to gaze upon as it made Snow glad she could walk on her own as this scenery made her shed some tears.

“Um uh what is it?I am sorry if you have gone through a lot of bad times because of your power and strength but I am here now.”

“…….”

Sae makes her way back to the city of Noire Stella which has now started to function properly after the announcement that the demon had been defeated and was now under the care of Sae. She heads to the nearest bath house and took a nice bath with Snow washing her dirtied white hair which began to shine like pure snow under the light of the sun.

“Those rags need to go, alright Snow-chan time to go buy you some cute clothes”

Snow nodded as she heard this holding Sae’s hand tightly as she ran with her to merchant district to a store where usually nobles bought their clothes, because Sae was regarding Snow’s doll like appearance she decided to go for a fairy tale like look. Her clothes were blue and white frilly dress with blue ribbon on top to bring out that cuteness, she basically went for the Alice in Wonderland look with the result being a living doll that made everyone wish they could take Snow and put her up on display.

“I must say Ojou-chan you certainly have a talent for this. This girl is fit to be put on the front of the store as the face of the brand honestly”

“I just randomly picked stuff, how much will it be for all of it?”

“3 gold and 5 silver”

Sae gave the shop owner 7 gold and told him to keep the change as she lifted off into the sky once more with Snow who was enjoying her time with her. She arrived at the castle in no time with Kuroe, Rin, Stolas , Liz and Shizu all stared at her sighing as they knew she would be back in a couple of minutes.

“Who is the girl?”

“Our doppelgänger, her name is Snow. She had no name because I think she was a slave of some kind “

“Oh? She is such a doll”

“Hello Snow-chan what do you think of Sae-oneechan?”

Snow shook her head to Rin’s question making her all confused.

“………not onee-chan…..Sae is Snow’s mama”

“”Eh?EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?!!””

They both screamed on the tops of their voices as that day Sae became a parent.

2