Chapter 20: The Magical Girl and Co. Participate In Even More Sports!!
93 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 20: The Magical Girl and Co. Participate In Even More Sports!!

The crowd was rather shocked at how well this was going for the common Joe, it was easier than all the other years and they had hope within their hearts that they could do it. The announcer who was also a noble merely stared at this and began to sweat at the prospect that they might lose this year.

“Uh, well. Onwards to the next sport!This is a game left behind by a hero, its official name is called tennis but over the years it has evolved into its own thing. Air Tennis!The representatives will explain the game to you soon”

It was basically tennis with extra steps: don’t let the ball drop to the ground, the matches were reduced to four matches and the opponent was allowed to shoot projectile magic at them all whilst floating in the air. There was a switch if the other team had lost too much and would be disqualified. Seeing what kind of game it was Sae who was once a tennis player in her previous life smiled and began to become very excited.

“I am going to participate inside of this game!”

“So am I!”

Sae and Rin were more than willing to play this more fun version of tennis, the both of them were once inside of the tennis club before Athena-sensei whisked them away to the occult club. The two had beautiful smiles that would make any man have a burning desire to marry them, Snow like the cute adorable daughter she was cheered on for her parents.

“Good luck…..Mom”

“Thanks Snow!!” (Rin)

“Fighto…….Papa!!”

“You got it Snow!!”(Sae)

“”UOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH!!!””

It seemed Snow finally understood the family dynamics of her parents, Sae was more wild and would spoil her rotten playing with her at all times and Rin was the more calm and conserved parent who would worry about her. She was a clever girl. Those who were residents of this country stared in silence as they watched the pair run off to the next game. The game which was taking place in another area was simple bull fighting but in this case it was a bull that was slightly overpowered as it knocked out people out from the stage, it was a minotaur in disguise. This was the game Stolas chose to play.

This time we will win for sure, thought the king as he placed his strongest confidants in the game. The game of Air Tennis was rigged that those who were facing his men would fall in the first 2 matches and have their tennis equipment fail. It was simple plan, Basil and Pock would surely win for sure. The game began with a slow start as those two naive girls were up in the air it was going to be approximately 10 minutes when the magic equipment would fail. But it didn’t even after waiting for their gear to fail, it didn’t. The nightmare was just beginning.

Sae was given shoes that could levitate into the air but the spell that would help her stay up in the air was slowly losing its power so she reinforced the spell pointing out the same thing to Rin who took what she said immediately and did the same. She hit the ball with her racket a few times before passing it over to Rin who caught it with her hand. 

The bell for the match began and she immediately served the ball to a special point in the enemy’s blind spots, that was a point to them. Her two opponents were basically thug A and B there was no need to remember what they looked like, A served a hard one but due to her being the epitome of human physique she could see it and shot it back at him. To be exact the two were barely keeping up with Sae and Rin who kept on going faster. The game was only just starting until one of them started feeling his arms ache crying out in pain as he did so.

“AHHHHHH MY ARMS!!”

A shouted but Rin didn’t care as she shot the ball back at him making the ball fall down to the ground. This began to happen several times with them gaining more and more points as they did so. There was a look of pure power within Rin’s gaze making A feel terribly afraid of her, even if his arms were filled with pain he had to go on in order to win against this monster who was vying for victory.

“FIRE LANCE!!”

“Ice Spear”

Sae and B shouted as they shot at each other with accuracy but unfortunately for B his attack was weaker than Sae’s who was smiling viciously like a tiger that has met its prey. Before he could chant another spell a mass of ice spears were coming to interrupt A who was in a battle of attrition with Rin who by the way was a beastkin, a being who was known to have more than normal stamina what more a magical girl one at that.

“I will stop you there!!”

“We already won even if you weren’t going to do anything”

“Ah”

He froze as the ball fell down to the ground, he was concentrating too much on Sae he totally forgot to save the ball from falling down to the ground. They were going to make them see hell at this point, in midair the two of them immediately went into dogeza right in front of everyone.

“P-PLEASE HAVE MERCY!!”

“Sorry, but the game has just started we still have 3 matches to go”

“Entertain us onii-sans”

The two were smiling dark smiles as the two were sweating a bunch as they saw them hitting the tennis ball with the racket. Their nightmare was beginning right now as these two magical girls who wanted to play tennis for a long time and finally got to play were going to make the two into their playthings.

“Yes I intend to register and nothing you say will change my mind. I did this for fun in my homeland.”

The concerned party had been nervous that a girl as young (in appearance) as her would participate in such a dangerous sport. So she entered without a single complaint more from the registering party, a small magic barrier in the form of a western wooden fence had protected the people from being attacked by the wild bull. The bull in question was actually a minotaur the king had snuck in using both disguise magic as well as a slave mark on its body, Stolas simply sat in the middle of the ring yawning as she did so. 

The minotaur was confident as it ran towards her thinking it send her flying but that wasn’t what happened. She dodged the kick and pulled out the red cloth she was handed with a thin smile etched on her emotionless face beckoning the minotaur to give her its best shot with a simple gesture: waving the red cloth at it. The minotaur gets pissed off that she was taunting (the original goal of the game) him, it runs towards her with a purpose that make her cry tears of pain.

 A flurry of punches and kicks come her way but she keeps on dodging them with ease as the red cloth dances in the space of that as the people keep on shouting praises of what she was doing, it was like a dance to them with the bull being a mere tool to show off that beauty. The minotaur decides to impale her as she was too fast for him to punch or kick, with a charging action it sprints towards her with Stolas’ stomach as the target. It hits her suddenly and smiles, but to its great surprise it feels no blood dripping down its head but instead an impact is felt as the horn that was supposed to impale her was being held in her hand as Stolas smiled at the minotaur who starts to sweat profusely at what just happened as despair starts to sing within its heart.

“If I were you I would turn into a just a bull that is used for games and not cheating”

“?!”

She spoke with the most whispered voice it heard but it was quite loud and clear to the minotaur who was forced to regress to a one horned bull, she was the former general of the the Maou and had commanded monsters to evolve and regress if it was necessary and as such she won against it. Afterwards people began to actually win against the wild bull which lost its reputation of being undefeated.

“See?Nothing to worry about”

“I guess we were worried for nothing huh?”

“So where’s my prize?”

“Here it is”

The prize in question was ingredients to the food that Sae would make for tonight’s dinner, although she was a maid she deserved to be treated for such once in a while.

The king was sweating buckets at what was happening, the people were actually winning his rigged games but first it was these girls who foiled each and every one of his games. However unfortunately for him things were only going to get worse and that was a fact that was laid into the ground.

2